Angry at NFL network

Reaction score
I have to think games are called differently in the playoffs (I'm excluding our Super Bowl from this comment; LORD knows that merits heartburn.) Playoff games are called a bit looser, more physical, etc. If anything the ref's need to look out for OPI. Atlanta's receivers are big and strong. It should be scrappy in the secondary. Despite Atlanta being the least penalized team in the NFL, there will be flags on Atlanta this Sunday.

renofox

Reaction score
I think people need to understand the rules before they complain about excessive contact down the field.

If you notice, the Seahawks don't get a lot of sacks but the DO force the opposing QB out of the pocket quite often. This may also have a lot to do with the specific QB matchups the Seahawks have had this year.

Once the QB breaks the pocket (moves beyond an imaginary line drawn lengthwise down the field where the OT's were lined up), the illegal contact rule evaporates.

At that point, the CB can push/block/shove the receiver at will, until the point a forward pass is thrown to the receiver.

For an example of smart CB play, check this play where the CB pushed the receiver out of bounds before the pass was thrown, making the receiver ineligible for the rest of the play. If you were watching the game and listening to the announcers, you would be completely convinced that the replacement refs blew a crucial call. In reality, the call was correct.

Remember the offsetting personal foul called on (Browner?, I think) when he knocked Greg Jennings down near the end of a play in Week 3? Bogus call - that was a perfectly legal block resulting in a knockdown. Our CB can't help it if the receiver isn't looking and can't take a legal hit like a man. When Jennings went after the CB after the play was over that should have been a penalty on Green Bay alone.

Similar plays occurred consistently in the Redskins game. The Redskins receivers were whining for flags all game, but RG3 was out of the pocket every time. The refs, correctly, did not throw flags.

So when you see a Seahawk CB pushing/shoving/blocking a receiver downfield, don't fall into the ignorant announcers' trap and think that such conduct is automatically a rules violation.

morgulon1

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":1cicxs2j said:
dunceface":1cicxs2j said:
Can we just shorten East Coast Bias to ECB around here so I don't have to type so much??

ECB!!!!!!!!

ECB ticks me off. :th2thumbs:

If it werent for Casserly and his onset of ECB, we could get some recognition.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Most fans don't know you can mug receivers once the QB leaves the pocket. They can all cry their tears into a giant bucket hooked up to my kitchen faucet so I can drink them with glee.

Falcan Moore

Reaction score
RichNhansom":4dqltl9o said:
Gotta love the pundits and Falcon's fans calling for help from the officials. I think we just got Harbaugh'd.
...wat

dunceface

Reaction score
renofox":21xbllz9 said:
I think people need to understand the rules before they complain about excessive contact down the field.

If you notice, the Seahawks don't get a lot of sacks but the DO force the opposing QB out of the pocket quite often. This may also have a lot to do with the specific QB matchups the Seahawks have had this year.

Once the QB breaks the pocket (moves beyond an imaginary line drawn lengthwise down the field where the OT's were lined up), the illegal contact rule evaporates.

At that point, the CB can push/block/shove the receiver at will, until the point a forward pass is thrown to the receiver.

For an example of smart CB play, check this play where the CB pushed the receiver out of bounds before the pass was thrown, making the receiver ineligible for the rest of the play. If you were watching the game and listening to the announcers, you would be completely convinced that the replacement refs blew a crucial call. In reality, the call was correct.

Remember the offsetting personal foul called on (Browner?, I think) when he knocked Greg Jennings down near the end of a play in Week 3? Bogus call - that was a perfectly legal block resulting in a knockdown. Our CB can't help it if the receiver isn't looking and can't take a legal hit like a man. When Jennings went after the CB after the play was over that should have been a penalty on Green Bay alone.

Similar plays occurred consistently in the Redskins game. The Redskins receivers were whining for flags all game, but RG3 was out of the pocket every time. The refs, correctly, did not throw flags.

So when you see a Seahawk CB pushing/shoving/blocking a receiver downfield, don't fall into the ignorant announcers' trap and think that such conduct is automatically a rules violation.

THANK YOU!
Seems like football fans and especially "experts" (they love to throw that word around) should KNOW THE BLEEPING RULES BEFORE OPENING THEIR STUPID BLEEPING MOUTHS!!!!

*ahem ...................ECB

Twisted

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":26saqjig said:
saw two separate segments on NFL network (could not find links)

Charlie Casserly was on both.

He stated while on NFL network, that our corners are cheating. "BEGGED" refs on both segments to call holding/roughing on Seahawk corners Browner and Sherman. Said that would be the difference in the game whether or not the refs let the our corners do that. Said that Trufant was horrible and Atlanta should go after him. He also said that the our corners would get beat on better route running, but only IF the refs threw flags on us. WTF? :evil:

The moderator pointed out that he said this last week against the Seahawks while analyzing the Redskin game.

Solomon Wilcots (on one of the segments) said the refs should let them play rough in playoffs.

Conspiracy by NFL network? :sarcasm_on:

lol I saw that one too, basically what he was saying is the Falcons wont have a chance unless the refs help em out, sounds about right to me..

like renofox says, most them dolts don't even know what PI is..

Hawks need to make sure they get Matt out of the pocket for sure if not outright sack him!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
You all do know that Casserly really earned his NFL chops on the Redskins, right? His feeling are still hurt from last week.

A

Anonymous

Just watched the latest Casserly segment..

Stumbled all over himself and couldn't even finish sentences correctly.

What a douche.