The psychology of this game is on our side.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • There is a difference between loose and undisciplined my friend.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:I'm nervous as hell about this game too, but I gotta agree with the sentiment of this post. It's hard to continue to think we're going to come up just a bit short in light of everything I'm seeing.

Bill Wixey from Q-13 Fox is in Atlanta, prepping for the 'Hawks game, and he had a special this morning on the news where he went around looking for Falcons fans, trying to convince folks to root for the 'Hawks. He said it was absolutely eerie, the lack of anything Falcons related in Atlanta. Said he saw a whopping three people dressed in Falcons gear the first two days he was there, and two of them were Falcons employees showing up for work at the stadium. There is zero interest right now in Atlanta. None. Zip. Nada. And that does not bode well for the team's psyche, especially in the face of a "must-win" game.

I wish you hadn't posted this. Now I actually feel sorry for real fans of that team. Seriously, how depressing would it be for us hardcore fans if Seattle was like that?...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Seahawk Sailor wrote:I'm nervous as hell about this game too, but I gotta agree with the sentiment of this post. It's hard to continue to think we're going to come up just a bit short in light of everything I'm seeing.

Bill Wixey from Q-13 Fox is in Atlanta, prepping for the 'Hawks game, and he had a special this morning on the news where he went around looking for Falcons fans, trying to convince folks to root for the 'Hawks. He said it was absolutely eerie, the lack of anything Falcons related in Atlanta. Said he saw a whopping three people dressed in Falcons gear the first two days he was there, and two of them were Falcons employees showing up for work at the stadium. There is zero interest right now in Atlanta. None. Zip. Nada. And that does not bode well for the team's psyche, especially in the face of a "must-win" game.

I wish you hadn't posted this. Now I actually feel sorry for real fans of that team. Seriously, how depressing would it be for us hardcore fans if Seattle was like that?...

Yea, I have mixed feelings about that. While it's horribly sad for the Falcons to have that little interest, that's just tough in a way. People are going to be interested in things that are interesting. If you can't put a product on the field that really captures a fan base's heart, you're not going to see the interest. I've never seen that sort of apathy. Well, yea, from places like Arizona or Cleveland after an abysmal season. But after 13-3 and the #1 seed in the NFC?
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Previous

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information