NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
At this point, I'm not believing anything until I hear word of an official press conference in Seattle. Nobody actually involved in the negotiations is saying shit. They said it was a done deal on Wednesday, and we saw how that turned out. I have to admit it's looking really good, but the sleezy Maloof brothers throw any actual credibility out the window. I won't even entertain a % of chance the deal is done because of the current COMPLETE TOOL owners. Their dad would be so embarrassed by his complete business failure sons that inherited all his dough.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This is the worst roller coaster ride of all, I wish this stuff was kept hushed up this whole time, christ!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I don't buy it. I think they are just trying to drive the price up. The Kings have been in a financial mess a long time. The Arco arena is terrible. D they really think they could make money there? That Athens question and I say..nope.

chris98251

Reaction score
If it's not from the NBA at this point or a completly public mainstream source I will not buy it. Too many hands getting in the cookie jar at the last minute, handshake agreements work out like their Arena deal, especially with this family.

Throwdown

Reaction score
This stuff is making me sick to my stomach :(

Have I not suffered enough rollercoaster rides as a sonics fan?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":v00r5jan said:
This stuff is making me sick to my stomach :(

Have I not suffered enough rollercoaster rides as a sonics fan?

Clearly they don't think we have Throw.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I hope Hansen is reading this thread and screwing with Throw. That's what I'd do.

dunceface

Reaction score
This isnt fun anymore :, (
Everytime my ESPN app alert goes off my heart skips a beat and then it wants to tell me that Lance Armstrong is gonna confess something we already knew!
AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":3bmkdiqx said:
Everytime my ESPN app alert goes off my heart skips a beat and then it wants to tell me that Lance Armstrong is gonna confess something we already knew!

ECB!!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
I wish we had another team to work with, kinda like the bitch that wants you but plays hard to get and wants you to buy dinner and drinks all night and then chills you. The moment you bring in the quiet competition and don't pay attention to her she is calling and making all sorts of overtures.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":88d70oob said:
dunceface":88d70oob said:

ECB!!!!

:dummy:

Throwdown

Reaction score
.NET Sonics 2.0 Beat Reporter Throwdown here with something a little interesting wayyyy too damn early on a Saturday Morning:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... f8557950=1
@sam_amick
With the end of the Kings & rebirth of the Sonics seeming inevitable, Kevin Johnson says he's still in this game

Sounds like the NBA might actually be favoring Seattle at the cost of Sactown...
@sam_amick
A line that was added late: Sacramento proposal must include viable arena plan to be taken seriously by NBA

Now didn't the NBA and KJ have a deal hashed out and agree'd upon? I thought that proposal was still on the table for any owner or the Maloofs if they changed their minds, now its not good enough?

After reading that tweet, it seems like the only thing that could keep the Kings from becoming the Sonics is someone from Kansas City comes in and offers what Hansen & Ballmer offered with the Sprint Center read to go now.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the arena deal died when the Maloofs pulled out. It wasn't passed as some general standing offer to any potential Kings owner, it was a very specific thing that was voted on by their council and what not but was nullified when there was no final agreement. KJ has suggested that the same deal would be available, but I'm pretty sure they'd have to vote again and all that, and that's assuming the Sac owners would all be signed on to that exact deal. That's a lot to swing in a short time, especially when you consider it's hard to negotiate an arena deal when you aren't the team owners and you can't be the team owners without an arena deal.

Throwdown

Reaction score
pinksheets":3paiaxnv said:
It's my understanding that the arena deal died when the Maloofs pulled out. It wasn't passed as some general standing offer to any potential Kings owner, it was a very specific thing that was voted on by their council and what not but was nullified when there was no final agreement. KJ has suggested that the same deal would be available, but I'm pretty sure they'd have to vote again and all that, and that's assuming the Sac owners would all be signed on to that exact deal. That's a lot to swing in a short time, especially when you consider it's hard to negotiate an arena deal when you aren't the team owners and you can't be the team owners without an arena deal.

Sooo what you're saying is, I should prep the champagne bottles and put 'em on ice for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts