Three years ago today, the Hawks destiny took a turn

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":2c4zwr2p said:
Dirty Bird":2c4zwr2p said:
I still think that playoff win against the Saints saved his career. If we would have lost that game no doubt he would have been fired the following season.

I appreciate a good troll, but trolling only works well when you have your facts straight.

I don't think he's trolling. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of facts straight and has a tendency to speak before thinking.

sutz

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1i01hwzj said:
kearly":1i01hwzj said:
Dirty Bird":1i01hwzj said:
I still think that playoff win against the Saints saved his career. If we would have lost that game no doubt he would have been fired the following season.

I appreciate a good troll, but trolling only works well when you have your facts straight.

I don't think he's trolling. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of facts straight and has a tendency to speak before thinking.
What he obviously doesn't understand is how Paul Allen operates. He very seldom does anything rashly, and firing Pete after his first year would have been rash in the extreme. PA is not like other NFL owners. Not at all.

zhawk

Reaction score
I totally loved the pc hiring. I actually couldn't believe it!

Rainger

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":2zd1fct0 said:
TROLL :pukeface: There was no way PC would have been fired after 1 year just because he to a bunch of misfits and got to a 7-9 team and a funny div win. From your logo it shows you have NO idea about what was happening here after PC got though his first year and you know nothing about the ownership here and that PC is actually VP of football operations.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":17zwijms said:

What "if" Mike Smith fails to get out of the first round? Again. Will your team be interviewing Gus Bradley too?

Donn2390

Reaction score
I'm a Southern California resident and a life long USC fan, who became a Hawk fan the day Pete was hired. I knew what was going to happen, but I sure had to put up with a lot of crap for a couple of years, reading all the desenters nasty comments.. I bit my tongue in silence, just waiting for what was to come. I now feel vidicated..!!
GO HAWKS....

drdiags

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":kphqfwzh said:
drdiags":kphqfwzh said:
I think Dirty Bird's auto-correct picked we instead of he. Not sure why he figures a coach hired to turn around a team that just won 9 games in two years would have been fired after winning the division with a rag-tag team at 7-9 would have been fired the next year after going 7-9 a second time.
Doc... Your response indicates you believe that the Hawks beat the Saints in the playoffs in Pete's 2nd season... but that's not the case... it was in 2010, which was Pete's 1st season as the HC.

2011 was Pete's 2nd season... and we didn't make the playoffs last year.

Oh, I know the history. Maybe my wording was convoluted but the 9 losses were Mora's and Holmgren's. Oh well, maybe I will try writing in a different tense or style. Surely I know that Pete went to the playoffs with Matt, before bringing in TJack. Hmmm ... oh well.

The original sentence was pretty obtuse and ran on for awhile.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Fox0r":mda0v7xa said:
What day was John Schneider hired? We need to make it a state holiday in Washington state.

Yes, John Schneider is an instrumental part of the package with Pete. Scheider put the pieces of the puzzle together.

morgulon1

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2szlbvm9 said:
Pete was hired specifically because he came in with an organized, outlined 4-year plan, among other things.

He was the "Un-Mora".

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have said it before, I was in STL, literally in a rental car at the parking lot of the Earth City Residence Inn (which is located next to the Rams training facility) and I overheard two members of their staff saying "Mora just got canned". The other guy said "Seattle's Mora?" Which was verified. I immediately searched local sports radio on the way to the airport and it was all over their airways. I was shocked, but excited because frankly I didn't like Mora's loyalty to that butcher Greg Knapp.

By the time I got to the airport, I was at the Cuervo bar for 30 seconds before I heard that the Hawks were making a deal for PC. I was immediately elated enough to order doubles of 1800 with Bud chasers and laughing with glee. I knew that there would be major changes. I had no idea that PC wouldn't waste time and literally reboot the entire team.

I knew that PC would have a major list of talented players from recruiting, for years to come. What really made that day special was knowing that Paul Allen wasn't screwing around. He could see that Mora wasn't going to improve and he didn't mess around, he just let him go and so far, it has been the best move he has made following the purchase of the team. They were immediately competitive and now we are looking upon a strong, sustained run of success in the NFL.