Have your feelings changed during the week?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
On Monday, I thought I was going to be content with where the team is and with a possible loss this weekend. (I didn't want to lose, but I thought I could handle it.) Today, I want to win, and I want to win bad (Not badly. No bad wins). The NFC Championship game is so close I can almost taste it, and, after seeing the tweets from the Seahawks, a win feels palpable.

So, what about you? How has your mood swung (or not swung) during the week?

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Kind of went from feeling like we were playing the house money to wanting this more than anything!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
If you would have told me before the season, we'd be 11-5 and win a play-off game, I'd have been content.

But right now... I want more, this team is good. Very good. And looking at the rest of the teams left in the playoffs, we're just as good. We've already beaten NE, SF, GB this year, we can hang with these teams.

With a little luck this team could win it all. The potential is there, so yea I want more.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I believe we can win and I think we will win.

That being said if for some reason we don't win then all I see is a full offseason of Russell Wilson knowing he's the man. We've seen what he can do when he's splitting offseason reps 3 ways and having to win the job; I can't wait to see what Russell Wilson can do with a full offseason of 0 doubts, working with Rice, Tate, and Baldwin.

I almost hate to think that way, it sounds like a 'silver lining' if we lose even though I think we win. I'm just totally excited about the future of this team. We've accomplished more this year than I expected but more importantly there's 0 doubt that this franchise is on the right track with the right GM, Coach, QB, and overall philosophy.

The most important thing about this team is none of the stuff they say is just talk. When Russell Wilson throws out a string of cliches, it's not because he's being evasive or doesn't know what to say, it's because the cliches are exactly right. When Pete says that after his first stint coaching, he realized his philosophy and approach was wrong, went to USC, corrected it, and is now making it work in the NFL, I believe it. It's not just talk. It's obvious there is a plan. I wasn't so sure when they signed whitehurst, or Tarvaris, etc. but it's apparent now they were just trying to find stop-gaps.

That's also the reason when Irvin tells me he's ready to step in and replace clemons, I believe it and don't think it will be an issue.

I guess overall, I expect us to win but there are far too many things to love about this team to get too butthurt if this is the last stop.

m0ng0

Reaction score
travlinhawk":3i9rgm3q said:
Kind of went from feeling like we were playing the house money to wanting this more than anything!
My feeling exactly !

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, I hear ya. I want to keep winning. Not ready to let this season go yet.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Definitely want to win. You never know what can happen a particular year. Years you think you are going deep in the playoffs can end with an unexpected loss. Years when expectations are low, you can catch fire and go all the way.

Atlanta is not a better team than we are. Neither is Green Bay or San Francisco. Some years there is a clear cut better team out there, but not this year. We can do it just as well as anyone else.

Lets go, Baby!!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
There's just something about this team. It feels like a special run.

But I don't think I will be devastated if we lose. Bummed, for sure. But the future is bright. With the team we have...another Carroll/Schneider draft and free agency round will make us a bona fide powerhouse.

Good times to be a Hawks fan!

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
The minute we starting blowout out the Whiners and locked in our spot, there was no such thing as house money or "gravy".

Superbowl all the way.

VHawk

Reaction score
Yeah FnG pretty much sums it up for me.Really feel like we are going to suplex the Falcons from the top rope.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Mine have. Imma blog about it before the game, complete with score prediction.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As you all know I predicted the Falcons to edge the Seahawks on Sunday in the Fearless Prediction thread.

I have since changed my mind. The start of the week until Thursday I had a bad feeling about the game. Call it being a diehard Seahawks fan for 37 years but I started to get cold feet. As if I still expect the SOS train to pull up to the station. That's 37 years of re-programming I'm going to need to do and I'm working on it. Russell Wilson and company are making me believe big time. As the game gets closer, I start to feel more and more confident. Strangely enough, I was confident about the Redskins game the entire week leading up. This game not-so much. Today, I feel the Seahawks will edge the Falcons. Ask me again on Sunday morning. :D

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
You know..... I was previously thinking, hey, just think how great NEXT year might be! Then I started hearing about our coaches getting poached for other jobs and I'm realizing NOW is the time. Reach for all we can in this moment. Don't let it end.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Yes . . . from optimism . . . to concerned - because of all the emphasis from local media and fanbase regarding concern over how we can stop this potent offense

But . . Nobody mentions that just maybe our offense may show some potency - or - Not much talk about S/T's and giving us good field positon, Turnover's

and lastly . . maybe even a gadget or some trickeration

I feel good about our chances

drdiags

Reaction score
My feelings are that I am jazzed to hear our fans and local media enjoy the ride. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons ever. I always hope/expect the team to win deep in my heart. I just like to keep control of my emotions and use a level head to keep me in check. Deep down, I am a nut about the Seahawks. Not sure why, but it has been a 30 plus year ride.

I am going to enjoy the rest of the season, just as I have for what has happened so far. I am a dreamer. I tend to want we as a people, fanbase etc to be able to be share our fears, hopes and dreams about the team, yet remain cordial to one another. Not sure why it even matters but it does. I have realized several times that we really aren't family, but just like my logical vs emotional self, I go with what I believe we can be.

If this game does not end the way I want, I will deal with the pain at that time. Until this party is over, I am going to soak it all in. Time is moving on for all of us. Some of you are going to be lucky enough to have decades more to enjoy this team. I hope I can get many more myself.

I loved hearing from Mudbone today. Hasselbeck today. The list goes on and on. Our guys aren't immortalized due to our past mediocre existence. I look forward to the new blood making others to take note and respect what this organization can become.

Tons of thoughts and emotions run through me. I am proud of this team. With all its warts and imperfections it still has played its guts out. I expect the same this weekend.

Let fate decide how it chooses to reward the effort. I will not forget the spirit. In the end, all of us Seahawks fans want the same thing. That is what I hope others that may not think I am onboard in the correct manner can understand. I know we all have our hearts in the right place. It is the mind that divides us if we so choose to let it.

Let's get this party started!

Fox0r

Reaction score
I have a weird feeling I've never had with any Seattle sports team. This feels like the year a championship finally comes to Seattle (since I've been alive, anyhow). I'm very optimistic that we will win on Sunday.

hawker84

Reaction score
ya know i'm just going to kick back and enjoy watching the boy's play... i want to get the win more than anything, but they have more than exceeded my expectations, and have prooved to me beyond a doubt that the future is indeed bright....

i'll will be screaming and swearing and pacing on sunday as usual, but at the end of the day, i will be content one way or the other...

i have the upmost confidence in this team, if they show up and play hawk ball, especially on the defensive side. i really like our chances...

Go Hawks!!!!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lmkvxqms said:
Mine have. Imma blog about it before the game, complete with score prediction.

Looking forward to it, Montana.

I am thoroughly just enjoying the ride at this point.

The best part is not worrying that we have to play perfect to win a game against ANYONE, and knowing that no one is going to play the perfect game against us.

Go Hawks!

legend38

Reaction score
I realized today that John Abraham,Dunta Robinson,Assante Samuel are getting long in the tooth and one of there starting safeties has not played in a month.Starting to think we may pull this thing off.