Kings/Sonics Roster

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
Kings/Sonics Roster
Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:46 am
  • OK -- since I've seen almost no NBA the last 5 years and absolutely no Sacramento King....

Who's any good on their roster?

DeMarcus Cousins looks solid .. I see Isaiah Thomas from UW is there. JImmer was always overrated and I doubt he has much of a future. Anyone know much?
    * NET Staff *

Re: Kings/Sonics Roster
Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am
  • Tyreke Evans is probably the most talented player on the roster, former Rookie of the year, and the first round pick from this past draft is talented too and has a really good story.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am
  • Isaiah Thomas will be our Derrick Rose
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 am
  • Here's The Thomas Robinson story, you can't help but root for the guy

3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:53 am
  • Cousins is dope - but he's a Rasheed Wallace type, super talented, definitely a wild card.

Aaron Brooks is on the roster as well. Not a Husky, but a Franklin HS grad!
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 am
  • I am most excited about Thomas Robinson, so much talent right there.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 am

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm
  • Thomas Robinson and Jimmer
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Kings have some talent. Now that they will have ownership that gives a rats ass about winning.. well Seattle could have done much worse on inheriting a team.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:02 pm
  • Tyreke Evans is absolutely horrible. Just saying.
    quadsas
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 pm
  • I would imagine the Division will be switched a bit given you can't call this team a Pacific team when it's the most northwestern team in the NBA and there is a division called the Northwest
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:17 pm
  • quadsas wrote:Tyreke Evans is absolutely horrible. Just saying.

LOLWUT?

He's probably their best player. Cousins is way too inconsistent for me, and he still has the mind of a petulant 12 year old.

Jimmer's not a bad bench piece, and their first-round pick from this last draft looks the business. Couple of good drafts and trading cousins and bringing in some other pieces and they could start to contend.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:31 pm
  • I'm actually a Kings fan and can tell you this about the team:

-The 2 most talented players on this team are obviously DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans. DeMarcus isn't a head case or anything, but he does tend to voice his many complaints and it gets him into trouble. Tyreke Evans is an ultimate team player and does what ever is asked of him. He has a good handle and can get to the basket at will. His jumpshot is a work in progress, but it's finally looking better now in his 4th season. His contract expires after this season.

-There are few players willing to be role players on this team. Jason Thompson is a keeper. He's consistent, and does all the dirty work and little things as the starting PF next to Cousins. Marcus Thornton has struggled this season with injuries and personal issues with his family, but what he brings to the table is SCORING. He scores in bunches and would make a fine 6th man on a playoff team. Isaiah Thomas is in a bit of a sophomore slump, but he brings hustle, pesky defense, decent scoring, and solid playmaking. Jimmer looked lost in his first season, but has progressed and looks a lot better in year two. Solid bench player. Thomas Robinson has been a huge disappointment. He doesn't even look like he wants to be out there when he's on the floor. He also looks a little too small for a PF and has no post moves. His defense is pretty solid though. Aaron Brooks is a chucker.... He just looks for his own shot at the expense of the team. He needs to go. And for the rest of the players, they're pretty much garbage. John Salmons is solid, but waaaay overpaid. Garcia is old and done, Outlaw is terrible, Hayes is a puny center who is only valuable in post defense and is also overpaid.

-The assistant coaches on the team are actually pretty good, but the head coach... not so much. His rotations are the worst that I've ever seen. He rests players for too long, and pretty much has a team A for the entire 1st and 3rd quarter and a Team B for the 2nd and 4th. Ironically his name is Smart. I would imagine a new ownership group would replace him.
    RKDfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm
  • RKD

So if this does indeed happen and the Kings move to Seattle to become the Sonics

Who are you going to root for in the NBA now?

This isn't a knock on your or any other fan from Sacramento, I love your fanbase and it's unfortunate stuff like this is happening
    Shaz
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm
  • Shaz wrote:RKD

So if this does indeed happen and the Kings move to Seattle to become the Sonics

Who are you going to root for in the NBA now?

This isn't a knock on your or any other fan from Sacramento, I love your fanbase and it's unfortunate stuff like this is happening

It would be too difficult for me to root for another team. I became attached to the players on the team and will continue to root for them if they move to Seattle. The Maloofs are terrible, so I'm just hoping that a new ownership group can bring the team back to relevance. It's bittersweet.
    RKDfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm
  • Cousins is a good player but they'd be better getting rid of him. Sort of like when the Seahawks shipped out Jerramy STevens, Anthony Simmons, etc. Addition by subtraction.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Don't trash talk Jimmer guys... you know I'll have to step in and set you all straight.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:35 pm
  • It would be hard to get fair value in return for Cousins. He is too talented at a position that doesn't have many quality players.
    RKDfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm
  • Thanks for the info RKD. I will take your word as I have not followed the kings but would love to see them in sonics green and yellow
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 pm
  • JIMMER RANGE!!!!!!!!
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:01 pm
  • No problem guys. I just hope the Seattle fan base supports the team like you support the Seahawks.
    RKDfan
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:54 pm
  • Cousins is a very unique talent. 33 and 20 the other night. He isn't a guy you ship off. He is a guy that you try to coach up first.

Evans is talented but pounds the rock wayyyyy too much. Everybody else ends up watching.

I know there are a lot of "pieces", but let us be honest, this is a one-player team. There isn't really anybody else that would be a starter on a playoff team, and only a guy or two that would even make a rotation of a good squad. There are years and years of building in the future.

But who cares? I'm going to watch every game regardless and root my butt off. They'll be good someday.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm
  • Hell yeah. The years of Seahawks rebuilding is now paying off. I remember watching Payton and Kemp when they were raw babies. The big payoff is when the team emerges and starts doing damage in the playoffs and you're all like: "How far can these guys go?"
    SEAHAWKS SHOULD TRADE TERRELLE PRYOR TO RAMS
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/27/ ... -the-rams/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm
  • I know the Celtics have been very interested in getting Cousins who acts like a 10 year old. Him being on a team of almost all veterans could probably help him grow up and would net the Kings/Sonics some serious trade compensation. Rumors of Rondo being moved are coming up again but he comes up at every trade deadline so who knows what would be involved.

Kings current roster is pretty young with solid potential. Tyreke Evans can be an allstar when he wants. I am a huge Kansas fan so I know all about Thomas Robinson and he will be a star. His heart/head are in the right place. For an up and coming team the Sonics will get a pretty solid team.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 pm
  • There's nothing on the celtics that would make a trade for Cousins worth it, Rondos not going anywhere I don't think.

I saw my boy Jeff Green is doing nicely in Boston though this season.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:49 pm
  • I gut the Roster except for guys that can play roles, I unlike any Seattle team before find a legitimate Center while you either have lottery picks or something to trade with. No stick men with maybes. Fastest way to get a franchise off the ground and stay competitive is a Center to build around.

Not saying finding one is easy but with players and or draft picks while you have the ammo and are really bad.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:02 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I gut the Roster except for guys that can play roles, I unlike any Seattle team before find a legitimate Center while you either have lottery picks or something to trade with. No stick men with maybes. Fastest way to get a franchise off the ground and stay competitive is a Center to build around.

Not saying finding one is easy but with players and or draft picks while you have the ammo and are really bad.

That Center part is already taken care of, give Cousins a coach whos worth a damn and he's that guy.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm
  • first off, get a new coach. you can just fire westphal or whoever cousins is fighting with now and get a real coach. they haven't had a good coach for tyrekes entire career, same for cousins and robinson needs guidance too. Spend the money and get someone with vision and a respected voice.

Cousins is a blue chip center, you only regret trading those. He will get a new scene up in seattle and a fresh start to go with roster changes/ money infusion to the franchise and im sure a lot of other things that will make him happy. Evans is a massive talent who needs to be put in a proper role on any team but he should or one would hope have a good to decent return in a trade to kick start a proper build around cousins-robinson downlow.

they have a few decent guards/role players too but churning the roster and buying some draft picks off cap strapped teams would do wonders to turn the roster into a competitive team night in and night out. Unfortunately they play in the western conference with the lakers/mavs/clips/everyone who ends up with high 20's draft picks or has to sell every year won't want to look to help a youthful team retool/rebuild into something special.

kick jimmer fredette off the team, guys a bum.
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:41 pm
  • Throwdown wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I gut the Roster except for guys that can play roles, I unlike any Seattle team before find a legitimate Center while you either have lottery picks or something to trade with. No stick men with maybes. Fastest way to get a franchise off the ground and stay competitive is a Center to build around.

That Center part is already taken care of, give Cousins a coach whos worth a damn and he's that guy.

Greg Oden says he wants to come back for next season.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:45 pm
  • Let the heat take that dive.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:14 pm
  • Bring back Nate as coach, this way he can kick the crap out of the Blazers :)

.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Bring back Nate as coach, this way he can kick the crap out of the Blazers :)

Enjoy having him take out and rest any player who makes two shots in a row, God fobid you get somebody hot.

I l LOVED Nate as a coach when Roy and Aldridge were rookies and young fella's learning how to be pro's. Nate was the perfect coach to mold them into professionals. So he'd probably be excellent for a guy like Demarcus Cousins.

I HATED Nate as a coach once our players were solid professionals and we were making the playoffs. I felt like he did just as much to hold them back at this time as he did to help them forward in their young years. I was very thankful when we parted ways. Although I do REALLY respect and like Nate as a man.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:49 pm
  • I wonder if Hanson group would get a new coach right away or wait until the team is in Seattle. I don't think it's the trading deadline yet. A new regiem could make some moves and take a shot at a playoff run. God only knows what damage the Maloofs are doing to hold the team back. It could be a nice parting gift for Sac fans, although it would give them a target of vent standing there at the bench - the figurehead of the group that is stealing their team.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:07 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Bring back Nate as coach, this way he can kick the crap out of the Blazers :)

Enjoy having him take out and rest any player who makes two shots in a row, God fobid you get somebody hot.

I l LOVED Nate as a coach when Roy and Aldridge were rookies and young fella's learning how to be pro's. Nate was the perfect coach to mold them into professionals. So he'd probably be excellent for a guy like Demarcus Cousins.

I HATED Nate as a coach once our players were solid professionals and we were making the playoffs. I felt like he did just as much to hold them back at this time as he did to help them forward in their young years. I was very thankful when we parted ways. Although I do REALLY respect and like Nate as a man.

I beleive that with a GM that understands systems and works with the coach he would be great. To many GM's try to be too smart and get what they think is a steal or a guy that may be great at one thing but suck at another in a specific offense and defense. Nate always preached defense and then offense with movement. Guys that are cemented to the ground and have heavy legs don't work well, that or lazy ones that won't be coached and just want to be highlight reel material.

chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 pm
  • When is Kevin Durant's contract up? I would SO love for Chris Hansen to overpay and bring him back where he belongs. That would be the ultimate "F YOU" to Bennet and Oklahoma.

A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:When is Kevin Durant's contract up? I would SO love for Chris Hansen to overpay to bring him back where he belongs. That would be the ultimate "F YOU" to Bennet and Oklahoma.

in a long long long time lol I think he signed a 5 year extension in 2011, so in 2 years? and probably won't leave OKC because the teams so talented with Ibaka and Westbrook.

I'm fine without him, I heard Rudy Gay is being involved in trade talks, get him and watch him put a body on Durant! That'd be fun to watch!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:45 am
  • Hawkstorian wrote:OK -- since I've seen almost no NBA the last 5 years and absolutely no Sacramento King....

Who's any good on their roster?

DeMarcus Cousins looks solid .. I see Isaiah Thomas from UW is there. JImmer was always overrated and I doubt he has much of a future. Anyone know much?

Cousins is hit and miss. On days that he is interested, he can be a beast. Then on other days, he is getting disciplined by their coach.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:38 am
  • I have not watched the Kings in a long time since the Sonic days. The most recent thing I remember is they landed Brockman from UW... If the team does come here I will have some catching up to do
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 am
  • Just know that Jimmer Fredette isn't that good, and I'll hate him as much as I hated Luke Ridnour.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:17 pm
  • RKDfan wrote:No problem guys. I just hope the Seattle fan base supports the team like you support the Seahawks.

You must not be from Seattle if you think we would do anything short of schizoid bedlam for the Sonics.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:22 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:I know the Celtics have been very interested in getting Cousins who acts like a 10 year old. Him being on a team of almost all veterans could probably help him grow up and would net the Kings/Sonics some serious trade compensation. Rumors of Rondo being moved are coming up again but he comes up at every trade deadline so who knows what would be involved.

Kings current roster is pretty young with solid potential. Tyreke Evans can be an allstar when he wants. I am a huge Kansas fan so I know all about Thomas Robinson and he will be a star. His heart/head are in the right place. For an up and coming team the Sonics will get a pretty solid team.

Trading him for picks would also make the Kings (Sonics?) suck temporarilly and get them a high lottery pick. Like how we got (ug) Durant.
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information