The psychology of this game is on our side.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1jmzzst3 said:
Seats are still available on Ticketmaster in singles, pairs, and trios.

NOT a secondary market.

Decidedly NOT a sellout.

So There.

Let's Go To The Game!!!!

(the NFL does not blackout playoff games)
((I don't actually know this-but it sounds more authoritative when I pretend)

I don't know what to tell you except, I have purchased tickets through Ticketmaster, that once I purchased them stated they were from Ticket Exchange.

Directly from the Team's Website:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/arti ... 2610ede6bd
The Falcons would also like to remind fans that the game is sold out and there is a potential danger of counterfeit tickets being sold in the secondary market. Because of the heightened demand for Falcons playoff tickets, the club has advised the following guidelines to avoid purchasing counterfeit tickets.

Fans may choose to purchase tickets at www.nfl.com/ticketexchange or www.ticketmaster.com.•The NFL Ticket Exchange is the only resale marketplace endorsed by the NFL, providing fans with the opportunity to purchase seats listed by Falcons season ticket holders or other fans.
The NFL Ticket Exchange powered by Ticketmaster, the only marketplace for fans to buy and sell guaranteed authentic NFL tickets, provides Atlanta Falcons fans looking to buy or sell their playoff tickets a safe, convenient, and League-approved resale platform,” said Clay Luter, Ticketmaster’s senior vice president of Stadium, Outdoor & College Sports. “Through the NFL Ticket Exchange, the Falcons are able to deliver fans access to the only barcode-authenticated playoff game tickets.”

What I am telling you is it may be through Ticketmaster.com, but the tickets they show and are selling are THROUGH NFL Ticket Exchange.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
FTW. You have taught me something I did not know (re ticket exchange). Nonetheless, this game cannot be seen as a sellout at this point according to the people at Ticketmaster. I just spoke with them on the phone.

This back and forth only serves to accentuate the point of this thread which is that Atlanta sports a shameful fan base. Psychological advantage: US.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/7/2/31 ... 012-season

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
HawksFTW":sv68swv5 said:
Sarlacc83":sv68swv5 said:
The NFL didn't black out the Redskins game, and they didn't sell out.

/Never forget the 86%

Yes they did:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... -sold-out/

Tickets for the Washington Redskins' playoff opener against the Seattle Seahawks are sold out, the team announced Monday.

Attendance does not equal sales.

It was a joke about the 'longest running' sell out streak when the Redskins don't sell all their seats.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":23726r1l said:
FTW. You have taught me something I did not know (re ticket exchange). Nonetheless, this game cannot be seen as a sellout at this point according to the people at Ticketmaster. I just spoke with them on the phone.

This back and forth only serves to accentuate the point of this thread which is that Atlanta sports a shameful fan base. Psychological advantage: US.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/7/2/31 ... 012-season

I think the fact that there are so many tickets available is a positive thing, yes.

I don't know who to trust Ticketmaster, or team officials reporting that the game is sold out. I tend to distrust team officials, but having dealt with Ticketmaster over the years, I distrust them more.

Anyway, the link you have posted, I am not sure if you quite understand it. That 85% the article is talking about the fact that teams can now set the bar lower to still be above the blackout limit, but would have to share a larger revenue of ticket sales with the rest of the NFL. I believe zero teams took advantage of this new rules, so it doesn't apply here.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ews52yz said:
HawksFTW":2ews52yz said:
Sarlacc83":2ews52yz said:
The NFL didn't black out the Redskins game, and they didn't sell out.

/Never forget the 86%

Yes they did:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/red ... -sold-out/

Tickets for the Washington Redskins' playoff opener against the Seattle Seahawks are sold out, the team announced Monday.

Attendance does not equal sales.

It was a joke about the 'longest running' sell out streak when the Redskins don't sell all their seats.

:mrgreen: wooosh. Sorry, missed that one.

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2er47ryj said:
Expected attendance at Sunday's game:

2741559910 47110cc14e b
Atlanta is a bible belt. A lot of people tend to arrive from church after the game has already started which is why our players are urging fans to come early. People show up a lot earlier for our night games.

OP
OP
Scottemojo

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't think Atlanta has worse or better fans that Seattle. But I do think they are ready to sit on their hands and shut their mouths at the first sign of adversity. They have been conditioned.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Just looked: Section 135 (50 yard line visitors side) 20th row. $261.00 WHO IS COMING WITH ME?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Keep the faith boys, as we are going to win this game.
Yes, Atlanta is an offensive powerhouse.
We do not fear them, but my guess is that they fear our run game. A max dosage of The Beast along with DangeRuss on the read option, plus a little Turbinator to change things up will set up our play action pefectly. We will succeed at this.
Atlanta has spent the whole week game planning against the Seahawks. They had to spend the whole week trying to figure out Lynch, Wilson, and the read option.
We will be loose and ready.

Do not freak out if this game starts out similar to last weeks game. Throughout the course of this game, our smashmouth style will slowly break them and and break their will.
We won't be able to stop them, we only need to slow them down, just a little. Their offense averaged 26 PPG during the regular season. If we hold them to a score of 1 less FG than their average, that should ensure our victory.

Seattle 27
Atlanta 23

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Scottemojo":248bozm8 said:
I don't think Atlanta has worse or better fans that Seattle. But I do think they are ready to sit on their hands and shut their mouths at the first sign of adversity. They have been conditioned.

If Seattle comes out firing, I would love to see this happen. The inside of a dome can be pin drop quiet, which I know from experience having been to St. Louis.

kearly

Reaction score
Right now the Seahawks feel like the 2010 Packers, and the Falcons feel like the 2007 Seahawks. The 2010 Packers had belief. The 2007 Seahawks had a nervous brand of hope. I would have to agree, Seattle comes in with the psychological edge at kickoff.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HawksFTW":2hvzuuui said:
Scottemojo":2hvzuuui said:

If Seattle comes out firing, I would love to see this happen. The inside of a dome can be pin drop quiet, which I know from experience having been to St. Louis.

Sounds like an indoor pool in there.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Jermaine Kearse ‏@ChopChop_11
Heading to the airport to head to Atl! Can't wait to see all the 12's lined up before we head out! #seahawks #playoffs #finish

Russell Okung ‏@BDR76
On the way to the airport for Atlanta and people are throwing skittles at the bus. #12thman #feedthebeast

Golden Tate ‏@ShowtimeTate
12s everywhere #bestfans EASILY!

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
It's crazy what great fans can do for a team's spirit and confidence. Thank you 12s the love was well received

Of note: "It's crazy what great fans can do for a team's spirit and confidence."

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":oef88wem said:
I normally put way more stock in the matchups than the other stuff, but this games feels different. Kind of like the first St Louis game felt all wrong, and Miami felt all wrong coming off the bye.

Except opposite.

I just heard Pete on 710. he was Kite high. loose. giddy. This is an opportunity, and he is going to put Irvin in a position to succeed. Screw the early start east coast thing, it doesn't matter. Pete is hyped.
The big balls Pete is going to Atlanta.

Atlanta is tight.
The coaching staff in Atlanta has tried three different approaches to the first playoff game now. They are searching after coming up snakeyes twice in a row. They don't fear the Seahawks, but they really do fear having another post season failure.
They are feeling pressure. "We have to stop the run" were some of the words the head coach used. They spent last week trying to work on some fundamentals they feel were weak, things like better tackling. There are no padded practices now, so how they do that is beyond me. They want to work on attack angles, which is directly tied to not letting Wilson extend plays.

Mike Smith begged fans to show up on time and be in their seats for warmups. The players are begging fans to make noise in their interviews. Promises of eyes on Wilson at all times. Saying how physical Seattle plays, so we have to make sure we play physical. We have seen enough teams try to manufacture physicality to know it isn't that easy.

I know, there is nothing to hang your hat on in any of those things. Nothing real or tangible. But after getting all angsty this week over some stuff, I am just convinced that Seattle will be the much looser team on Sunday. And I think "Lets do what we do" beats "Don't eff it up" every time.

Atlanta is changing their game plan because of the playoff thing. This is very good for us. The worst thing they could do is just go in there and play their game - the game plan that got them the best record in the league. The Seahawks have everything to win and Atlanta has everything to lose. This is a total psyche job. Eyes-of-steel Russel Wilson is gonna go in there and rip some asses open. Lynch is gonna fricken go off. :) :) :) :)

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Not sure bout anything related to ticketmaster but i can tell you this from a season ticket holder.
i will NEVER sell a ticket through any other source other than NFLEXCHANGE through ticketmaster, it is the only NFL and team approved system.
I was told by my lovely rep that if i sell to any 3rd party and they get kicked out i lose my tickets for ever... Unless it is sold through the nfl exchange, as i then wave all my liablity.

You can also by game day tickets through ticketmaster as well as the 400 or so tickets that are sold at the GATE each game day that are NOT allocated to online sales..
now this is seattle only....

they can say that seattle has a sold out season, however when in reality it doesn't count tickets allocated for Extra seatings.. (did that make sense?)
I"m sure that the atlanta game has officially sold out by now if it hasn't WOW...... just WOW.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
In Atlanta, to actually get good crowds for playoff games, you have to WIN the playoff games. Remember the Braves games in the 90's?

Regardless of tickets available, its going to be loud in there.

Latest posts