Skip Bayless on Richard Sherman

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sherm's one of those guys that you love because he's on your team, but if for example he was a 49er.... we'd all hate him with a passion. Makes it worse for opposing fans too is he can actually play and make an impact.

And like bestfightstory said, we have a pretty lovable team, I read so many times on other teams boards, "I love Wilson and Lynch, etc, but hate Sherman!"

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
His job is to argue opposite of that other dude. Many times he doesn't actually believe what he is saying. He is just arguing for the show.

Move along.... Nothing to see.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
F. . Skip Bayless. He gets paid for one thing and one thing only= :stirthepot: I personally love the brash bravado that Sherman plays with. Reminds me of two guys that the Falcons have Weatherspoon and Asante.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Is there a bigger collection of more unlikeable people on TV than there is on First Take? Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are HORRIBLE. Pay them no attention. Your quality of life will increase. Your friends will thank you. You'll get a raise at work.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Here's how First Take works. Stephen A and Skip go into their production meetings each morning and decide the 3-4 topics they're going to argue about and who's going to take which side.

Usually the first three topics are Tim Tebow.

Bottom line, if there was one and only one talking sports head that I could pick to not give a rat's ass about his or her opinion on anything.........it's Skip Bayless. He's a hack, he's always been a hack, and he always will be a hack.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why any one of us would give a shit what that waste of space thinks about the Seahawks is beyond me.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":tvga4im8 said:
His job is to argue opposite of that other dude. Many times he doesn't actually believe what he is saying. He is just arguing for the show.

Move along.... Nothing to see.
This. It's a debate show for ENTERTAINMENT.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Well, if Sherman keeps playing to the level he's been playing at, he's going to be interviewed on the big networks more and more and the people will get to see what he is actually like; which is charismatic, articulate, passionate, a great teammate, an incredible athleate and really fricken smart. We've already seen it a couple of times like the Michael Irvin interview or the Steve Wyche interview.

People will realize that guys like Skip are talking out of their arses (if they don't already).

Tundra

Reaction score
Every great team had their great polarizing figures like Dion Sanders, Bill Romanowski, Shannon Sharp.... The list can go on forever. Sherman is ours.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Aros":2qgmiqyh said:
Why any one of us would give a shit what that waste of space thinks about the Seahawks is beyond me.

He was the toast of .NET back in August when he picked Seattle to win the division.

This place really should have added a 'NoRespect Dangerfield Forum' years ago

Jerhawk

Reaction score
ESPN is garbage. Their analysts should be ignored. They have no influence on the outcomes of games

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SNDavidson":137h3bnx said:
This morning ol Skip said he was trying to like the Seahawks but he can't because of Richard Sherman and his loud mouth "personal attacks" on players. Normally I let the whole disrespect thing go. But this is more of what we used to deal with in that it's obviously someone who has no clue or has not really followed the team at all and is just spouting off.

This kind of thing frustrates me, lots of people watch First Take and he's putting crap out there that just isn't true. We all know Sherm is incredibly smart and consistent, he gives respect where it's warranted and deals with trash talkers accordingly. Just frustrating, had to vent a bit, I'd love it if Sherm went on his show and brought this up because Bayless is far off base but he has no clue, and he has a lot of influence on people's opinions.

Ultimately, this doesn't really matter, I think more than anything it's the misunderstanding that gets to me, wish people did research.

It's hard for that idiot to like anybody, that he would like to be and does it better than he ever could do.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Skip is hilarious, so I'm okay with it. Give us publicity no matter what. People will make their own opinions about Sherman when they see him play. I posted the mic'd up video for people to see and they all said, "Wait, I'm supposed to hate this guy?! I think I want a Sherman jersey and I'm not even a Hawks fan!"

So, yeah, it's whatever. Skip is good at his job, so you can't really be too mad at him for getting paid to do what he does best.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of different people say that they don't care for Sherman's mouth...
And then in the next breath say...
'But if he was on my team, I would love him!'
I've never gotten caught up in player personality think...
I just don't care...
Sherman has become elite, has played great, and is cocky...
He isn't a no talent blow hard like Skip...

rideaducati

Reaction score
They say that opposites attract and like minds clash, I believe this to be the case here. Skip and Sherm are A LOT alike. They are both loud mouths that try to intimidate others. They are both among the best at what they do. They both give credit to others when it is earned. They both have to have the last word in a conversation. I'm sure there are even many more things that they have in common.

I guess Skip Bayless wouldn't like himself if he were forced to self evaluate. I think it's kind of funny how just about everything Skip says about Sherman could easily apply to Skip.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Lets face it.. if Richard Sherman were a Falcon, we'd hate him this week. We'd respect his game, but hate the personality.

Sherm is one of those guys you LOVE when he's on your team. HATE when he's not.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ov19vxly said:
Hasselbeck":ov19vxly said:
Lets face it.. if Richard Sherman were a Falcon, we'd hate him this week. We'd respect his game, but hate the personality.

We get it. You hate Russell Wilson...

peaches, I like you buddy.. but we can move on from this .. :lol:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":pz9r6xog said:

I've thought about this and I agree with it to an extent, but I think a lot of the media try to make him the bad guy, and the drug suspension, though successfully appealed against, clouds people's judgement; especially the press around it where pretty much everyone said he was guilty and were creating there own stories for his appeal.

Sherman comes across as articulate (Stanford duh), and seems like a pretty charismatic guy who's having a lot of fun in his situation.

I'm not so sure that I wouldn't like the cut of his jib if he was on another team. The Optimus Prime thing was funny, as was the 'happy birthday Harbaugh' after the SF game, his dancing is downright hilarious and a couple of weeks ago, after being harassed by some 49er fans on twitter, he simply wrote back 'Hey San Fran fans.... 42-13.... Right to speak to me revoked'.

I'd probably only 'hate' him out of jealousy that he wasn't on my team or was on a rival team.