Angry at NFL network

LawHawk

Reaction score
I think for every Charley Casserly there are ten guys on TV and radio who say how much they love they rough, physical play of our corners. It's the other head coach that you have to worry about. Carroll has talked before about how before the game both head coaches are setting up the refs for the play of these corners.

Pstark3

Reaction score
You guys seriously think that if this is a thing that gets complained enough about, that the league wont instruct Refs to start calling every little foul against our DB's? Idiots like this are what could actually hurt the team someday IMHO

Exar0s

Reaction score
Don't worry about Roddy White and Julio Jones screaming for flags. Both of them, especially Roddy White are extremely physical. Roddy is usually the one opposing fans rage against because he likes to push off. It will be a good show seeing large physical Receivers playing against a large physical Secondary.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
In response to Casserly's comment on the deficiency of Sherman and Browner not being "sudden" as evident in the Redskins game. Well Chuck, they were playing in a cat box full of kitty litter. They'll be plenty sudden on the field turf.

parson420

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":15djnork said:
saw two separate segments on NFL network (could not find links)

Charlie Casserly was on both.

He stated while on NFL network, that our corners are cheating. "BEGGED" refs on both segments to call holding/roughing on Seahawk corners Browner and Sherman. Said that would be the difference in the game whether or not the refs let the our corners do that. Said that Trufant was horrible and Atlanta should go after him. He also said that the our corners would get beat on better route running, but only IF the refs threw flags on us. WTF? :evil:

The moderator pointed out that he said this last week against the Seahawks while analyzing the Redskin game.

Solomon Wilcots (on one of the segments) said the refs should let them play rough in playoffs.

Conspiracy by NFL network? :sarcasm_on:

I have to agree with him to a degree. Our CB's are probably getting away with a lot. But if the refs called it, i'm sure they'd stop. Trufant is horrible and does get beat just about every game. As far as the rout running, I don't think Sherman would, but Browner I'm sure is more likely to get bet on routes.

Aristotle22

Reaction score
RichNhansom":5204xve4 said:
Gotta love the pundits and Falcon's fans calling for help from the officials. I think we just got Harbaugh'd.

Funny

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Charly Casserly is paid to be an opinion. the guy knows talent, he is the guy who drafted Champ Bailey and Andre Johnson. But he also drafted David Carr. He has strong opinions on team building, and how Seattle is built is not his style.

This little gem is out there for what some people think of his style.
At the end of the 2009 NFL season, Casserly stated that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was playing through three broken ribs. His analysis, however, was refuted by Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who stated, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist...He has no relationship with this team, I'd say less than zero. He's never here, I don't know if he's ever been to a game. He's never been to a practice...at least he put his name on it and I'll put my name on it and say, like he usually is, he's 100-percent wrong."

MOCHawk

Reaction score
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Charley. Cheating by wearing a chinchilla on your head is ok, but a little hand fighting going down the field isn't? Hypocrite!

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Well thats good. The Falcons Fan base doesn't seem very creative and I was genuinely worried that they wouldn't be able to come up with an excuse/issue after the loss like every other fan base this season. Very helpful of Charlie.

By the way this man said in the pre-season we would be 'lucky' to get to 8-8.

A

Anonymous

I think the remote shot of Casserly (et. al.) shown in their den with the memorabilia in the background is comical. I find myself ignoring what they say in order to check out all the shwag they have sitting on the shelves. It's like they take the coolest thing they ever received and carefully position it over the shoulder to feature prominently in the shot. In Casserly's case, he's got the game ball from the Redskins superbowl win over the Bills.

C'mon now, the team goes through the whole season busting a$$ on the competition, make it through the playoffs while staying relatively healthy, gameplan and play to enough strength to actually win the biggest of games, only to award a gameball to the GM who has little or nothing to do with it but find a few good players in the off-season?

Look, I understand that in the case of the Seahawks, John Schneider should receive some awesome props for what he has done for the team across the board, but when it comes to an individual award for performance in THAT game; Sorry, gameballs should go to players and coaches only, IMHO.

DericLee

Reaction score
Charlie got called out on his 'analysis' on NFL network yesterday, it was hilarious.

He was talking about the matchup between their Wideouts and our Corners, and he said something about them getting beat because of speed and route running.

Then the guy hosting the show said; "Now Charlie, you said the exact same thing last week about the Skins game, so how did you rate them there?"

Charlie didn't answer, and instead deflected(while showing signs of being highly annoyed with the statement) and started talking about beating a QB with one leg.

Dude is a dud, doesn't actually watch game.

ShaunPope

Reaction score
He was right about Trufant though. He is horrible and Atlanta would be stupid to not go after Trufant on darn near every play.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Part of me hates this phrase, but aspects of it ring true: "If you don't have haters, you aren't doing sh*t worth noticing."

hawker84

Reaction score
Got new for you guys, every fanbase we've faced or every fanbase that hates us is saying the same thing..and now media memebers are saying it? our corners get away with a lot of more stuff than other DB's do... is there truth to it...? i don't know.. it sure looks like they're playing extremely physical out there and i'm not seeing a lot of penalties on them... but i justified it by saying every other team is doing the same thing... but how browner is allowed to manhandle recievers like he does, gotta say baffles me a bit.. he might as well be in the WWF , with some of the stuff he does... not saying i don't like the physical play, but i don't see a lot of other db's bodyslamming recievers when the play is on the other side of the field.

i watched the rewind game of the first meeting between SF and GB last night on both sides of the ball they was holding, hand checking grabbing jerseys etc.... excessively!!! some were called some were not.. i would imagine if you watch every game played this year you'll see the same thing.

so are they getting away with more this year.. i don't know and don't really care.. but it does concern me that the ref's will start to feel pressure to call more penalties on them because of all the attention it's getting, and with their style of play the could be costly.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawksmode":2bwfag7k said:
I agree with the Trufant comment though.... 8)

I bet, because everyone watched how Trufant came back two weeks ago and got torched by Amendola for 27 yards and then smoked by Santana Moss of the Redskins for a whopping 19 yards.

I can understand why media pundits don't watch the games and see these things, but I find no excuses for Seahawks fans to continue trashing on Trufant given the past two weeks. I think too many people around here are remembering the performance of Welker during the Patriots game and figure he just continues to suck every game thereafter. Perhaps if people actually watch the games and not just jump on bandwagons they would be better informed

rideaducati

Reaction score
There is a reason Charlie Casserly doesn't have a real job and is now one of the lowest paid "consultants" on NFL Network. He seems to be jealous of what John Schneider and Pete Carroll have been able to do by going against the grain. Both him and Billick seem totally discombobulated by the Seahawk front office and can't seem to comprehend why it is working. It's just another reason to laugh at these guys because it is so obvious that the game has passed them by. I doubt Casserly watched ANY of the Seahawk receivers against the deadskin DBs. There was just as much, if not more, "touching" going on there.

rideaducati

Reaction score
kidhawk":313j7m6j said:
hawksmode":313j7m6j said:
I agree with the Trufant comment though.... 8)

I bet, because everyone watched how Trufant came back two weeks ago and got torched by Amendola for 27 yards and then smoked by Santana Moss of the Redskins for a whopping 19 yards.

I can understand why media pundits don't watch the games and see these things, but I find no excuses for Seahawks fans to continue trashing on Trufant given the past two weeks. I think too many people around here are remembering the performance of Welker during the Patriots game and figure he just continues to suck every game thereafter. Perhaps if people actually watch the games and not just jump on bandwagons they would be better informed

I actually find it amusing when the "experts" spout off about such things. It's OBVIOUS that they haven't watched the games and judge on only the highlights. I wonder if the uppity ups pay attention to the lack of research from these so-called "experts".

dunceface

Reaction score
It seems to me the league has allowed a lot more contact from DBs THROUGHOUT THE LEAGUE as a way to level the field on the newer rules that heavily favor QBs and WRs
Ours just happen to be the most noticable because our team is awesome.
If they haven't adjusted the way they call it through the whole season why would they start now?
Swaggadocious.

Latest posts