Want to be annoyed today?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That's Steve Kelley caliber work right there.

"Hmmmm....epic record-breaking first-round QB? Nope. They'll lose, then."

There's seriously nothing more to this article than that. It never ceases to amaze me how people can spin 1,000 words of utter fluff around an empty, meaningless concept and make it look like substantive sportswriting. And keep a job doing it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2uem9o7b said:
Well some of us choose to believe in this team. Others (some mediots AND fans, here's looking at you Aros) don't respect the team. It's one thing to not pick them, but it's other to outright disrespect them and treat them like they are the only team left with any weaknesses.

You have balls dude. Real big balls to come in here and tell me I don't respect this team. So It's disrespectful of me to think it's embarrassing how some of us get so worked up into a lather every freaking time so-and-so says something that isn't favorable to Seahawks Fans? It IS embarrassing to me and that has NOTHING to do with a lack of respect for the Seahawks. If anything, it is showing my respect that we as a fan base shouldn't be so damn sensitive to every thing that is said in the media since we know we have a very good team.

Respect. Please. Take that weak shit somewhere else.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Aros":2mop36wm said:
TJH":2mop36wm said:
People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

Agreed. It's embarrassing to be honest.

Only yesterday I wrote a long piece on why I think we might lose the game: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62978

This isn't a Napoleon complex. It's highlighting a badly written argument and discussing it. If there was any complex, we wouldn't have a seven page thread arguing why we might lose on Sunday. Have you even read the piece by Pat Yakinsas? It's a lousy piece of work and deserves the treatment.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":12762bi8 said:
He has big balls? LOL. What are you gonna digitally do to him? You guys crack me up sometimes.

I didn't say I was going to do anything to him. I just think he has balls to tell someone who spent 11 years building this site that they don't respect this team. Did you hear me say anything else?

He wants to talk about disrespect, I think that's disrespectful but that's just me.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Can't we just debate the article?

Those who want to do that... can. Those who don't want to do that... can do something else.

themunn

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":166likzp said:
twisted_steel2":166likzp said:
He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.
Has he ever missed two straight practices in a row?

Yes, he missed Wednesday and Thursday before the Jets game and went for 124 yards and a TD

Was a "limited participant" Wednesday and Thursday before the Bills game and went for 113 yards and a TD.

Most weeks he misses one practice and is full go in the other, but come the 18th game of the season it's OK to miss a couple practices when you're the best player on the offense.

He misses practice to rest up, that's it. He'll be fine on Sunday

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1x9n7t5v said:
Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?

Meh. His post just rubbed me wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Felt it was a personal attack when I never got personal with any person in particular. I simply made a general observation that I believe it's embarrassing how SOME people can get about every little comment in the media that isn't favorable to Seahawks Nation. I've already moved on. I said what I had to say and I'm done with it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":1fue5nrh said:
twisted_steel2":1fue5nrh said:
He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.
Lynch always gets a light or nothing workload before long travel because he has a balky back.

He will be full go.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3a6cvdla said:
How is it that no-talent arsewipes like that can get a job for ESPN, and some-talent arsewipes like you are stuck with BBC radio Sheffield?

It's the great unanswerable question I guess :thirishdrinkers:

Jase

Reaction score
Scottemojo":xb5n3fws said:
Dirty Bird":xb5n3fws said:
twisted_steel2":xb5n3fws said:
Lynch always gets a light or nothing workload before long travel because he has a balky back.

He will be full go.

Heard from Carroll this morning it's not his back. He has another issue now, with his foot. He's still expected to play, though.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
The "real fan" card doesn't get used here, if you want to be allowed to be a part of this forum. Just a reminder to everyone...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jase":1wci41iu said:
Scottemojo":1wci41iu said:
Dirty Bird":1wci41iu said:

He will be full go.

Heard from Carroll this morning it's not his back. He has another issue now, with his foot. He's still expected to play, though.
Yeah, and last week Griffen was saying he felt so good he didn't need a brace.
If a guy misses practice they have to say something. So they say foot. Even if his foot is banged up, it will be painfree Sunday after a trip to the doc.

drdiags

Reaction score
In regards to Lynch, listening to Pete on KIRO today, seems there should be a little concern. Pete was saying he tweaked an ankle in FedEx and Lynch tested it a little yesterday. Seems this is more than just his usual limited practice routine. We will see how it all falls out but something to keep in the back on one's mind.

Regarding the article, Pat Yasinkas comes off as an elitist when it comes to teams outside the NFC South playing teams he blogs about. I remember him posting some inflammatory crud in 2010 about the Seahawks prior to them playing the Saints during the regular season. He eventually had to amend some factual info he was trying to sell to show how weak the Seahawks were. Gave me satisfaction when the Seahawks beat his Saints in the playoffs since he had such a poor opinion of the team.

I would go read the article but not worth it to me, since he reminds me of Graziano and the majority of the division bloggers. They become too invested in protecting "their" teams in my opinion.

uncle fester

Reaction score
English wanted to bring a terribly produced article to our attention and was venting his anger at the article's writer. I think perhaps one or two have missed that point here.

sam1313

Reaction score
Aros":4d5mia1j said:
peachesenregalia":4d5mia1j said:
Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?

Meh. His post just rubbed me wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Felt it was a personal attack when I never got personal with any person in particular. I simply made a general observation that I believe it's embarrassing how SOME people can get about every little comment in the media that isn't favorable to Seahawks Nation. I've already moved on. I said what I had to say and I'm done with it.

It rubbed me wrong too Aros. Actually kind of pissed me off because it was clearly a personal attack on you. I don't want to fight your fights or anything (or derail this thread again) but I don't get where Hawkfan77 gets off telling you that you disrespect this team after what you have built for all of us to discuss (and even worship) the Seahawks.

Hawkfan77, you should really rethink things a bit because you have apparently become such a homer that it is making you an ass.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Aros":1p4bv5bz said:
peachesenregalia":1p4bv5bz said:

Trust me, my intention was not to disrespect you personally. Reading my comment again, definitely looks like I was going after you, but that was not my intention.

I wasn't questioning your fanhood, I'm just irritated at how many are picking against the Hawks. I don't get it, and trust, I'm no homer, I just think we are better than the Falcons who have tons of weaknesses.

But your point was received (as was Absolutes'), I will think about what I type more before I hit submit and will do a better job of trying get my "point" across next time.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
sam1313":1fixpxsa said:
Hawkfan77, you should really rethink things a bit because you have apparently become such a homer that it is making you an ass.

How so? By thinking the Hawks will beat ATL I'm an ass? OK... :roll:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Dirty Bird":9xngiiw4 said:
twisted_steel2":9xngiiw4 said:
All the time. It's just another day at the office for Marshawn.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I am surprised too by so many picks for the falcons this week on this site. On paper Seattle really does have the more balanced better all around team. I am worried about some things Atlanta can do and they can easily win this game. I still think the Hawks have the edge though and will be surprised if they lose. Seattle matches up very well against Atlanta. Wouldn't be surprised by a 10 pt win in the least. They struggle against the run from both the RB and QB positions. Seattle will be able to move the ball very well. Atlanta will move the ball at times too but they have a much tougher match up than we do on that side of the ball.

As for the article. He writes for that division so I'm not really bothered by what he said. I think he is grossly wrong but whatever. Wilson is the polar opposite of someone who is just happy to be there. Sherman, Lynch, Pete and company want this badly.