Want to be annoyed today?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Want to be annoyed today?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 am
  • Then read this!

LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_ ... ayoff-game

Another classic example as to why Mike Sando is head and shoulders above any of the other ESPN Bloggers. He uses statistics, tape and common sense to make unbiased, logical and detailed articles. He never deliberately sides with the NFC West teams. He simply goes about doing a good job.

Then we have articles like this, that are the kind of thing you'd expect to read on a fan blog.

Let’s not go comparing the current Seahawks to the 2010 Packers, because they’re not. Yes, Seattle is red-hot after winning its final five games of the regular season and knocking off the Washington Redskins in its playoff opener last week. Yes, the Seahawks have a very good defense and an excellent running back in Marshawn Lynch.

But the Seahawks are not the Packers. They’re not the Giants or the Cardinals. They don’t have Rodgers, Eli Manning or Warner.

They have Russell Wilson.

Don’t get me wrong, Wilson has had a marvelous season and he’s going to have a very long and prosperous career. But he’s a rookie coming into a noisy and hostile dome.

The Seahawks are what the Falcons were back on that day they went into Arizona -- a team with a rookie quarterback, happy just to be in the playoffs, making a cross-country trip.

So there we have it. We're just 'happy' to be in the playoffs. It's a nice day out for this team.

Russell Wilson is going to a noisy and hostile dome. Because of course, there's nothing noisy or hostile about the other nine road games he's faced this year. And he's just like the 2008 version of Matt Ryan, who scored 17 total touchdowns - 13 less than Russell Wilson.

What's more, it's taken Wilson one game to win in the playoffs. This isn't like Ryan in Arizona. Ryan in Arizona was Wilson in Washington. And he won the game. He already has one more victory than Matt Ryan in the post-season.

There's more...

All Ryan has to do is play his game and get the ball to Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez. All the Falcons -- who now have a defense with swagger thanks to cornerback Asante Samuel and linebacker Sean Weatherspoon -- have to do is play their game.

Just go out and be the best team on the field.

If that happens, the Falcons will win -- because, for the first time in the postseason in this era, they should win.

Now I've started a seven page thread on why I think we might lose on Sunday. I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I wouldn't be assuming Seattle is on a weekend away, underestimating Russell Wilson and making a throw away reference to the defense or running game. I certainly wouldn't be just assuming the Falcons have to turn up 'and do their thang' to win the game because they 'should' win.

Whatever happens on Sunday, we're a pain in the ass to play. I hope the Falcons players and staff are equally as cocky as this.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Want to be annoyed today?
Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:24 am
  • Sometimes people just write stuff to counter what's already out there, which is that Seattle SHOULD win this one. Unfortunately, when writing to counter other points being made, you have the lesser info, or straight up have to state things that are illogical to make your argument. I think that's what's happened here.
    KARAVARUS
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am
  • People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:26 am
  • I get more annoying stuff from co-workers even after we keep winning, I just laugh and put on my jersey and point to it.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am
  • TJH wrote:People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

I wrote a long piece yesterday saying why I think we could lose the game. It's got nothing to do with any 'complex'. I have no issues with someone writing a piece that argues why Atlanta will win the game (I've done it myself). I do have an issue with writing that appears to be pulled out of one's proverbial arse.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:46 am
  • Pat Yaskinas is the worst. Read some of the comments on his 'articles', they constantly mock him for being a piss poor analyst and blogger.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:55 am
  • I saw that yesterday, and all I could do was laugh. He gets the Peter King award for the week. (Peter King sucks, don't deny it.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 am
  • Just got to work and read three different threads: Skip Bayless, Charlie Casserly, and now this...

I just want to say one thing to all the haters...

u mad bro?
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I wouldn't be assuming Seattle is on a weekend away, underestimating Russell Wilson and making a throw away reference to the defense or running game. I certainly wouldn't be just assuming the Falcons have to turn up 'and do their thang' to win the game because they 'should' win.

Whatever happens on Sunday, we're a pain in the ass to play. I hope the Falcons players and staff are equally as cocky as this.

I actually think that despite the Seahawks youth, they follow Russell Wilson's lead and play calm, mistake free football. I feel like the Falcons, on the other hand, will be the team playing tight because of the reasons you mentioned above. Nothing about this team has ever struck me as "tough" and I don't think that changes with them going up against a team that prides itself in their ability to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. If I'm the Falcons I'd be very cautious. And I'd be more than a bit nervous about Marshawn Lynch missing 2 days of practice. Sounds like, to me, the Hawks are preparing him for another banner game from Beast Mode.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:40 am
  • Pat Yak sucks. Regardless of what he says good or bad about the Falcons.
    FOGHORN
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:02 am
  • TJH wrote:People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

Agreed. It's embarrassing to be honest.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:07 am
  • Normally, I just laugh this crap off but that irritates me. What about Russell Wilson or this team gives off the impression that they're just happy to be in the playoffs?! Had he wrote that trash last week, whatever, it's his first playoff game yada yada yada. But we won and are playing in the next round. There is not one real competitor on this entire planet that would be "just happy" to be in this spot.

What makes me mad is these idiots don't even try. They're lazy and they write trash and it gets published...
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am
  • Aros wrote:
    TJH wrote:People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

Well some of us choose to believe in this team. Others (some mediots AND fans, here's looking at you Aros) don't respect the team. It's one thing to not pick them, but it's other to outright disrespect them and treat them like they are the only team left with any weaknesses.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:11 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Normally, I just laugh this crap off but that irritates me. What about Russell Wilson or this team gives off the impression that they're just happy to be in the playoffs?! Had he wrote that trash last week, whatever, it's his first playoff game yada yada yada. But we won and are playing in the next round. There is not one real competitor on this entire planet that would be "just happy" to be in this spot.

What makes me mad is these idiots don't even try. They're lazy and they write trash and it gets published...

honestly i've seen some of the Hawks fans saying the same thing about "if we lose o well, its no big deal"...i get what they are saying in a sense because no one could of predicted the Hawks great season, just like no one could ATL's...but still you get this far you gotta want more before your happy
    keepertd
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:12 am
  • a team with a rookie quarterback, happy just to be in the playoffs

Wow, ok? :?

Just go out and be the best team on the field.

Yep, that's all they have to do. Easy. :?
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 am
  • Who cares about what an analyst says?? Does it even matter?
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am
  • Aros wrote:
    TJH wrote:People here need to stop getting so worked up every time someone says something other than Seattle is going to win the Superbowl. Our Nepoleon complex is showing.

I don't see it as getting worked up or embarrassing.

It's a message board, we're here to talk and discuss right? A big big part of that is posting links to media and talking about them. Some are negative and some are positive.

1. Post a link
    2. :thfight7:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:17 am
  • NYCoug wrote:
    theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I'm not completely confident about the game, but then I'm comfortable knowing this team is young and will be among the favourites to claim the #1 seed in the NFC themselves next year. But you know what? If I was a Falcons fan, I'd be s**t scared going into this game. Terrified by this physical Seahawks team. Distraught at the possibility of being 0-4 in the playoffs under this coach and quarterback. Being found out again on a national stage.

I actually think that despite the Seahawks youth, they follow Russell Wilson's lead and play calm, mistake free football. I feel like the Falcons, on the other hand, will be the team playing tight because of the reasons you mentioned above. Nothing about this team has ever struck me as "tough" and I don't think that changes with them going up against a team that prides itself in their ability to run the ball and play tough, physical defense. If I'm the Falcons I'd be very cautious. And I'd be more than a bit nervous about Marshawn Lynch missing 2 days of practice. Sounds like, to me, the Hawks are preparing him for another banner game from Beast Mode.

Sounds to me like Lynch is ailing from playing on FedEx Field.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:19 am
  • He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 am
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.

Has he ever missed two straight practices in a row?
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:24 am
  • Dirty Bird wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.

Multiple times. It's something that was a constant on the board earlier in the year and last year. (Lynch's ailments have subsided a bit over the past few weeks.)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:26 am
  • That's Steve Kelley caliber work right there.

"Hmmmm....epic record-breaking first-round QB? Nope. They'll lose, then."

There's seriously nothing more to this article than that. It never ceases to amaze me how people can spin 1,000 words of utter fluff around an empty, meaningless concept and make it look like substantive sportswriting. And keep a job doing it.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:33 am
  • Hawkfan77 wrote:Well some of us choose to believe in this team. Others (some mediots AND fans, here's looking at you Aros) don't respect the team. It's one thing to not pick them, but it's other to outright disrespect them and treat them like they are the only team left with any weaknesses.

You have balls dude. Real big balls to come in here and tell me I don't respect this team. So It's disrespectful of me to think it's embarrassing how some of us get so worked up into a lather every freaking time so-and-so says something that isn't favorable to Seahawks Fans? It IS embarrassing to me and that has NOTHING to do with a lack of respect for the Seahawks. If anything, it is showing my respect that we as a fan base shouldn't be so damn sensitive to every thing that is said in the media since we know we have a very good team.

Respect. Please. Take that weak shit somewhere else.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 am
  • I don't think anyone on Seahawks will be happy until they win Super Bowl!
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am
  • Aros wrote:

Only yesterday I wrote a long piece on why I think we might lose the game: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62978

This isn't a Napoleon complex. It's highlighting a badly written argument and discussing it. If there was any complex, we wouldn't have a seven page thread arguing why we might lose on Sunday. Have you even read the piece by Pat Yakinsas? It's a lousy piece of work and deserves the treatment.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:44 am
  • Aros wrote:
    Hawkfan77 wrote:Well some of us choose to believe in this team. Others (some mediots AND fans, here's looking at you Aros) don't respect the team. It's one thing to not pick them, but it's other to outright disrespect them and treat them like they are the only team left with any weaknesses.

You have balls dude. Real big balls to come in here and tell me I don't respect this team. So It's disrespectful of me to think it's embarrassing how some of us get so worked up into a lather every freaking time so-and-so says something that isn't favorable to Seahawks Fans? It IS embarrassing to me and that has NOTHING to do with a lack of respect for the Seahawks. If anything, it is showing my respect that we as a fan base shouldn't be so damn sensitive to every thing that is said in the media since we know we have a very good team.

Respect. Please. Take that weak shit somewhere else.

He has big balls? LOL. What are you gonna digitally do to him?

You guys crack me up sometimes.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:48 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:He has big balls? LOL. What are you gonna digitally do to him? You guys crack me up sometimes.

I didn't say I was going to do anything to him. I just think he has balls to tell someone who spent 11 years building this site that they don't respect this team. Did you hear me say anything else?

He wants to talk about disrespect, I think that's disrespectful but that's just me.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am
  • Aros wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:He has big balls? LOL. What are you gonna digitally do to him? You guys crack me up sometimes.

I didn't say I was going to do anything to him. I just think he has balls to tell someone who spent 11 years building this site that they don't respect this team. Did you hear me say anything else?

He wants to talk about disrespect, I think that's disrespectful but that's just me.

Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am
  • Can't we just debate the article?

Those who want to do that... can. Those who don't want to do that... can do something else.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 am
  • Dirty Bird wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:He's been ailing all year. Have you seen the way he runs? He's always dinged up.

Yes, he missed Wednesday and Thursday before the Jets game and went for 124 yards and a TD

Was a "limited participant" Wednesday and Thursday before the Bills game and went for 113 yards and a TD.

Most weeks he misses one practice and is full go in the other, but come the 18th game of the season it's OK to miss a couple practices when you're the best player on the offense.

He misses practice to rest up, that's it. He'll be fine on Sunday
    Last edited by themunn on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?

Meh. His post just rubbed me wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Felt it was a personal attack when I never got personal with any person in particular. I simply made a general observation that I believe it's embarrassing how SOME people can get about every little comment in the media that isn't favorable to Seahawks Nation. I've already moved on. I said what I had to say and I'm done with it.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 am
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Can't we just debate the article?

Those who want to do that... can. Those who don't want to do that... can do something else.

The article was pish. I mentioned as much earlier in the thread, Pat Yakinsas is really really awful, and the comments on his blogs would agree. How is it that no-talent arsewipes like that can get a job for ESPN, and some-talent arsewipes like you are stuck with BBC radio Sheffield?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:01 am
  • Dirty Bird wrote:

Lynch always gets a light or nothing workload before long travel because he has a balky back.

He will be full go.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:How is it that no-talent arsewipes like that can get a job for ESPN, and some-talent arsewipes like you are stuck with BBC radio Sheffield?

It's the great unanswerable question I guess :thirishdrinkers:
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:

Lynch always gets a light or nothing workload before long travel because he has a balky back.

He will be full go.

Heard from Carroll this morning it's not his back. He has another issue now, with his foot. He's still expected to play, though.
    Jase
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 am
  • The "real fan" card doesn't get used here, if you want to be allowed to be a part of this forum. Just a reminder to everyone...
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 am
  • Jase wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:Has he ever missed two straight practices in a row?

He will be full go.

Heard from Carroll this morning it's not his back. He has another issue now, with his foot. He's still expected to play, though.

Yeah, and last week Griffen was saying he felt so good he didn't need a brace.
    If a guy misses practice they have to say something. So they say foot. Even if his foot is banged up, it will be painfree Sunday after a trip to the doc.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:14 am
  • In regards to Lynch, listening to Pete on KIRO today, seems there should be a little concern. Pete was saying he tweaked an ankle in FedEx and Lynch tested it a little yesterday. Seems this is more than just his usual limited practice routine. We will see how it all falls out but something to keep in the back on one's mind.

Regarding the article, Pat Yasinkas comes off as an elitist when it comes to teams outside the NFC South playing teams he blogs about. I remember him posting some inflammatory crud in 2010 about the Seahawks prior to them playing the Saints during the regular season. He eventually had to amend some factual info he was trying to sell to show how weak the Seahawks were. Gave me satisfaction when the Seahawks beat his Saints in the playoffs since he had such a poor opinion of the team.

I would go read the article but not worth it to me, since he reminds me of Graziano and the majority of the division bloggers. They become too invested in protecting "their" teams in my opinion.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 am
  • English wanted to bring a terribly produced article to our attention and was venting his anger at the article's writer. I think perhaps one or two have missed that point here.
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am
  • Aros wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?

Meh. His post just rubbed me wrong. Nothing more, nothing less. Felt it was a personal attack when I never got personal with any person in particular. I simply made a general observation that I believe it's embarrassing how SOME people can get about every little comment in the media that isn't favorable to Seahawks Nation. I've already moved on. I said what I had to say and I'm done with it.

It rubbed me wrong too Aros. Actually kind of pissed me off because it was clearly a personal attack on you. I don't want to fight your fights or anything (or derail this thread again) but I don't get where Hawkfan77 gets off telling you that you disrespect this team after what you have built for all of us to discuss (and even worship) the Seahawks.

Hawkfan77, you should really rethink things a bit because you have apparently become such a homer that it is making you an ass.
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 am
  • Aros wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Seriously though Todd, we're supposed to be grown men. We all turn into little boys in the schoolyard on an internet forum. telling people it's embarrassing when they play the disrespect card, then digitally squaring up to someone who says you don't respect the team is rather ironic, don't you think?

Trust me, my intention was not to disrespect you personally. Reading my comment again, definitely looks like I was going after you, but that was not my intention.

I wasn't questioning your fanhood, I'm just irritated at how many are picking against the Hawks. I don't get it, and trust, I'm no homer, I just think we are better than the Falcons who have tons of weaknesses.

But your point was received (as was Absolutes'), I will think about what I type more before I hit submit and will do a better job of trying get my "point" across next time.
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 am
  • sam1313 wrote:Hawkfan77, you should really rethink things a bit because you have apparently become such a homer that it is making you an ass.

How so? By thinking the Hawks will beat ATL I'm an ass? OK... :roll:
    SUPERBOWL!!
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 am
  • Dirty Bird wrote:

All the time. It's just another day at the office for Marshawn.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 am
  • I am surprised too by so many picks for the falcons this week on this site. On paper Seattle really does have the more balanced better all around team. I am worried about some things Atlanta can do and they can easily win this game. I still think the Hawks have the edge though and will be surprised if they lose. Seattle matches up very well against Atlanta. Wouldn't be surprised by a 10 pt win in the least. They struggle against the run from both the RB and QB positions. Seattle will be able to move the ball very well. Atlanta will move the ball at times too but they have a much tougher match up than we do on that side of the ball.

As for the article. He writes for that division so I'm not really bothered by what he said. I think he is grossly wrong but whatever. Wilson is the polar opposite of someone who is just happy to be there. Sherman, Lynch, Pete and company want this badly.
    HansGruber "We can't beat the Cardinals and I think the cards are going to win it all this year."
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 am
  • themunn wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:

Yes, he missed Wednesday and Thursday before the Jets game and went for 124 yards and a TD

Was a "limited participant" Wednesday and Thursday before the Bills game and went for 113 yards and a TD.

Most weeks he misses one practice and is full go in the other, but come the 18th game of the season it's OK to miss a couple practices when you're the best player on the offense.

He misses practice to rest up, that's it. He'll be fine on Sunday

Aight. Thanks.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:17 am
  • But the Seahawks are not the Packers. They’re not the Giants or the Cardinals. They don’t have Rodgers, Eli Manning or Warner.

They have Russell Wilson.

When I read that, my mind was thinking he was trying to say:
    "They don’t have Smaug the Dragon, Gollum, or the Great Goblin.

They have The Hobbit."
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am
  • Sometimes these guys write stuff just to get a rise out of others.
    Seahawks_FanMan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm
  • I think folks are nervous owing to how we won the Redskins game. The 14 1st quarter points spooked me. Sure, we rallied and prevailed, but Atlanta is a different team, and healthy. I like our chances against Atlanta, just saying....
    seahawksfan4ever
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 pm
  • Honestly I have not watched any ESPN or NFL network this week at all, I'm staying away from the national media because of the frustration it causes.
    HawksFan83
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm
  • What's funny is the comments. Atlanta fans have given up trying to argue the strength of schedule and now are arguing all the great QB's they have beat this season including both Manning's. Now how do you support the idea you are sure to win this next game because of your awesome QB while simultaneously explaining how other teams with great QB's lost to you?
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information