Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Angry at NFL network
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

saw two separate segments on NFL network (could not find links)

Charlie Casserly was on both.

He stated while on NFL network, that our corners are cheating. "BEGGED" refs on both segments to call holding/roughing on Seahawk corners Browner and Sherman. Said that would be the difference in the game whether or not the refs let the our corners do that. Said that Trufant was horrible and Atlanta should go after him. He also said that the our corners would get beat on better route running, but only IF the refs threw flags on us. WTF? :evil:

The moderator pointed out that he said this last week against the Seahawks while analyzing the Redskin game.

Solomon Wilcots (on one of the segments) said the refs should let them play rough in playoffs.

Conspiracy by NFL network? :sarcasm_on:

Post subject: Re: Angry at NFL network
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:08 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

AirForceSeahawk wrote:

He stated while on NFL network, that our corners are cheating. "BEGGED" refs on both segments to call holding/roughing on Seahawk corners Browner and Sherman. Said that would be the difference in the game whether or not the refs let the our corners do that. Said that Trufant was horrible and Atlanta should go after him. He also said that the our corners would get beat on better route running, but only IF the refs threw flags on us. WTF? :evil:

The moderator pointed out that he said this last week against the Seahawks while analyzing the Redskin game.

Solomon Wilcots (on one of the segments) said the refs should let them play rough in playoffs.

Exhibit A) Charlie Casserly no longer in NFL
Exhibit B) Refer to Exhibit A

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:10 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm pretty sure Charlie Casserly has early stages of dementia...they really should stop putting his disability on display like that...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I know, but its just bad press to sway opinion though

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:12 pm 
NET Veteran

you said NFL network... lol

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 pm 
NET Veteran

Navyhawkfan187 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Charlie Casserly has early stages of dementia...they really should stop putting his disability on display like that...

Charlie Casserly has late stages of something I can't say unless this is shacked....

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:38 pm 
NET Veteran

Yeah, because what someone on tv says has something to do with what will actually happen in the game.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Casserly is just mad because we have made him look like a fool over and over again with our draft picks and the way we have built our team :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

SoulfishHawk wrote:
Yeah, because what someone on tv says has something to do with what will actually happen in the game.

I cannot prove it. But I believe it does. If you believe athletes/refs are not fans and not follow sports news... then you are right.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm 
NET Veteran

Can we just shorten East Coast Bias to ECB around here so I don't have to type so much??

ECB!!!!!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:48 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

dunceface wrote:
Can we just shorten East Coast Bias to ECB around here so I don't have to type so much??

ECB!!!!!!!!

ECB ticks me off. :th2thumbs:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:54 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Atlanta fans talking about it.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... l-network/

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm 
NET Veteran

Agree with others. Doesn't matter. It's as irrelevant to the outcome as how many times Atlanta has lost in the past.

Seattle will win because they've got a vastly better defense. Defense wins slug-fests. I saw it myself in 2005 and it was painful. But I knew then it was true.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:58 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Here's the video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playoffs/ ... -secondary

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 am 
NET Rookie

Charlie Casserly is a d%$#-head. I turn him off whenever he comes on. He should just stick to playing golf.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 am 
NET Rookie

Thunderbird wrote:
Who the F_cK is Charlie Casserly?

Used to be a GM for the Redskins and Texans. He's the old loudmouthed uncle you always wanted to get away from.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:04 am 
NET Veteran

Gotta love the pundits and Falcon's fans calling for help from the officials. I think we just got Harbaugh'd.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:07 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

why did he pick the Seahawks if we cheat?

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 am 
NET Rookie

Tailspin Hawk Fan wrote:
Charlie Casserly is a d%$#-head. I turn him off whenever he comes on. He should just stick to playing golf.

+1,000^^^

+1 for your avatar

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:01 am 
NET Rookie

Ask Jim Harbaugh how that worked out for him, when he complained. I think he got his ass handed to him. Casserly is a down and out tool, with no other use than to rehash is so called expertise. If they are holding the refs will call it, if they are pushing excessively after 5 yards they will call it. The refs could careless what Casserly has to say.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:23 am 
NET Veteran

I think for every Charley Casserly there are ten guys on TV and radio who say how much they love they rough, physical play of our corners. It's the other head coach that you have to worry about. Carroll has talked before about how before the game both head coaches are setting up the refs for the play of these corners.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:29 am 
NET Veteran

You guys seriously think that if this is a thing that gets complained enough about, that the league wont instruct Refs to start calling every little foul against our DB's? Idiots like this are what could actually hurt the team someday IMHO

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:30 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Don't worry about Roddy White and Julio Jones screaming for flags. Both of them, especially Roddy White are extremely physical. Roddy is usually the one opposing fans rage against because he likes to push off. It will be a good show seeing large physical Receivers playing against a large physical Secondary.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

In response to Casserly's comment on the deficiency of Sherman and Browner not being "sudden" as evident in the Redskins game. Well Chuck, they were playing in a cat box full of kitty litter. They'll be plenty sudden on the field turf.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 am 
NET Practice Squad

AirForceSeahawk wrote:

I have to agree with him to a degree. Our CB's are probably getting away with a lot. But if the refs called it, i'm sure they'd stop. Trufant is horrible and does get beat just about every game. As far as the rout running, I don't think Sherman would, but Browner I'm sure is more likely to get bet on routes.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am 
NET Starter

RichNhansom wrote:
Gotta love the pundits and Falcon's fans calling for help from the officials. I think we just got Harbaugh'd.

Funny

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Charly Casserly is paid to be an opinion. the guy knows talent, he is the guy who drafted Champ Bailey and Andre Johnson. But he also drafted David Carr. He has strong opinions on team building, and how Seattle is built is not his style.

This little gem is out there for what some people think of his style.
Quote:
At the end of the 2009 NFL season, Casserly stated that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was playing through three broken ribs. His analysis, however, was refuted by Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who stated, "Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins? Wherever he's been, whatever he's done, his percentage is like a meteorologist...He has no relationship with this team, I'd say less than zero. He's never here, I don't know if he's ever been to a game. He's never been to a practice...at least he put his name on it and I'll put my name on it and say, like he usually is, he's 100-percent wrong."

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:09 am 
NET Rookie

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Charley. Cheating by wearing a chinchilla on your head is ok, but a little hand fighting going down the field isn't? Hypocrite!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Since when have we become the league darlings? I must have been asleep for the blizzard that swept through Hades.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:25 am 
NET Practice Squad

Well thats good. The Falcons Fan base doesn't seem very creative and I was genuinely worried that they wouldn't be able to come up with an excuse/issue after the loss like every other fan base this season. Very helpful of Charlie.

By the way this man said in the pre-season we would be 'lucky' to get to 8-8.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:55 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

I think the remote shot of Casserly (et. al.) shown in their den with the memorabilia in the background is comical. I find myself ignoring what they say in order to check out all the shwag they have sitting on the shelves. It's like they take the coolest thing they ever received and carefully position it over the shoulder to feature prominently in the shot. In Casserly's case, he's got the game ball from the Redskins superbowl win over the Bills.

C'mon now, the team goes through the whole season busting a$$ on the competition, make it through the playoffs while staying relatively healthy, gameplan and play to enough strength to actually win the biggest of games, only to award a gameball to the GM who has little or nothing to do with it but find a few good players in the off-season?

Look, I understand that in the case of the Seahawks, John Schneider should receive some awesome props for what he has done for the team across the board, but when it comes to an individual award for performance in THAT game; Sorry, gameballs should go to players and coaches only, IMHO.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 am 
NET Veteran

Charlie got called out on his 'analysis' on NFL network yesterday, it was hilarious.

He was talking about the matchup between their Wideouts and our Corners, and he said something about them getting beat because of speed and route running.

Then the guy hosting the show said; "Now Charlie, you said the exact same thing last week about the Skins game, so how did you rate them there?"

Charlie didn't answer, and instead deflected(while showing signs of being highly annoyed with the statement) and started talking about beating a QB with one leg.

Dude is a dud, doesn't actually watch game.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:07 am 
NET Rookie

He was right about Trufant though. He is horrible and Atlanta would be stupid to not go after Trufant on darn near every play.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 am 
NET Veteran

Part of me hates this phrase, but aspects of it ring true: "If you don't have haters, you aren't doing sh*t worth noticing."

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Veteran

Got new for you guys, every fanbase we've faced or every fanbase that hates us is saying the same thing..and now media memebers are saying it? our corners get away with a lot of more stuff than other DB's do... is there truth to it...? i don't know.. it sure looks like they're playing extremely physical out there and i'm not seeing a lot of penalties on them... but i justified it by saying every other team is doing the same thing... but how browner is allowed to manhandle recievers like he does, gotta say baffles me a bit.. he might as well be in the WWF , with some of the stuff he does... not saying i don't like the physical play, but i don't see a lot of other db's bodyslamming recievers when the play is on the other side of the field.

i watched the rewind game of the first meeting between SF and GB last night on both sides of the ball they was holding, hand checking grabbing jerseys etc.... excessively!!! some were called some were not.. i would imagine if you watch every game played this year you'll see the same thing.

so are they getting away with more this year.. i don't know and don't really care.. but it does concern me that the ref's will start to feel pressure to call more penalties on them because of all the attention it's getting, and with their style of play the could be costly.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I agree with the Trufant comment though.... 8)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:41 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

hawksmode wrote:

I bet, because everyone watched how Trufant came back two weeks ago and got torched by Amendola for 27 yards and then smoked by Santana Moss of the Redskins for a whopping 19 yards.

I can understand why media pundits don't watch the games and see these things, but I find no excuses for Seahawks fans to continue trashing on Trufant given the past two weeks. I think too many people around here are remembering the performance of Welker during the Patriots game and figure he just continues to suck every game thereafter. Perhaps if people actually watch the games and not just jump on bandwagons they would be better informed

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:43 am 
NET Veteran

There is a reason Charlie Casserly doesn't have a real job and is now one of the lowest paid "consultants" on NFL Network. He seems to be jealous of what John Schneider and Pete Carroll have been able to do by going against the grain. Both him and Billick seem totally discombobulated by the Seahawk front office and can't seem to comprehend why it is working. It's just another reason to laugh at these guys because it is so obvious that the game has passed them by. I doubt Casserly watched ANY of the Seahawk receivers against the deadskin DBs. There was just as much, if not more, "touching" going on there.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:45 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
hawksmode wrote:

I bet, because everyone watched how Trufant came back two weeks ago and got torched by Amendola for 27 yards and then smoked by Santana Moss of the Redskins for a whopping 19 yards.

I can understand why media pundits don't watch the games and see these things, but I find no excuses for Seahawks fans to continue trashing on Trufant given the past two weeks. I think too many people around here are remembering the performance of Welker during the Patriots game and figure he just continues to suck every game thereafter. Perhaps if people actually watch the games and not just jump on bandwagons they would be better informed

I actually find it amusing when the "experts" spout off about such things. It's OBVIOUS that they haven't watched the games and judge on only the highlights. I wonder if the uppity ups pay attention to the lack of research from these so-called "experts".

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm 
NET Veteran

It seems to me the league has allowed a lot more contact from DBs THROUGHOUT THE LEAGUE as a way to level the field on the newer rules that heavily favor QBs and WRs
Ours just happen to be the most noticable because our team is awesome.
If they haven't adjusted the way they call it through the whole season why would they start now?
Swaggadocious.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:16 pm 
NET Veteran

Its Friday Fool !!!!!!!! U Bum

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I have to think games are called differently in the playoffs (I'm excluding our Super Bowl from this comment; LORD knows that merits heartburn.) Playoff games are called a bit looser, more physical, etc. If anything the ref's need to look out for OPI. Atlanta's receivers are big and strong. It should be scrappy in the secondary. Despite Atlanta being the least penalized team in the NFL, there will be flags on Atlanta this Sunday.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

I think people need to understand the rules before they complain about excessive contact down the field.

If you notice, the Seahawks don't get a lot of sacks but the DO force the opposing QB out of the pocket quite often. This may also have a lot to do with the specific QB matchups the Seahawks have had this year.

Once the QB breaks the pocket (moves beyond an imaginary line drawn lengthwise down the field where the OT's were lined up), the illegal contact rule evaporates.

At that point, the CB can push/block/shove the receiver at will, until the point a forward pass is thrown to the receiver.

For an example of smart CB play, check this play where the CB pushed the receiver out of bounds before the pass was thrown, making the receiver ineligible for the rest of the play. If you were watching the game and listening to the announcers, you would be completely convinced that the replacement refs blew a crucial call. In reality, the call was correct.

Remember the offsetting personal foul called on (Browner?, I think) when he knocked Greg Jennings down near the end of a play in Week 3? Bogus call - that was a perfectly legal block resulting in a knockdown. Our CB can't help it if the receiver isn't looking and can't take a legal hit like a man. When Jennings went after the CB after the play was over that should have been a penalty on Green Bay alone.

Similar plays occurred consistently in the Redskins game. The Redskins receivers were whining for flags all game, but RG3 was out of the pocket every time. The refs, correctly, did not throw flags.

So when you see a Seahawk CB pushing/shoving/blocking a receiver downfield, don't fall into the ignorant announcers' trap and think that such conduct is automatically a rules violation.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:20 pm 
NET Veteran

AirForceSeahawk wrote:
dunceface wrote:

ECB!!!!!!!!

ECB ticks me off. :th2thumbs:

If it werent for Casserly and his onset of ECB, we could get some recognition.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Most fans don't know you can mug receivers once the QB leaves the pocket. They can all cry their tears into a giant bucket hooked up to my kitchen faucet so I can drink them with glee.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:03 am 
NET Practice Squad

RichNhansom wrote:

...wat

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 am 
NET Veteran

renofox wrote:
I think people need to understand the rules before they complain about excessive contact down the field.

If you notice, the Seahawks don't get a lot of sacks but the DO force the opposing QB out of the pocket quite often. This may also have a lot to do with the specific QB matchups the Seahawks have had this year.

Once the QB breaks the pocket (moves beyond an imaginary line drawn lengthwise down the field where the OT's were lined up), the illegal contact rule evaporates.

At that point, the CB can push/block/shove the receiver at will, until the point a forward pass is thrown to the receiver.

For an example of smart CB play, check this play where the CB pushed the receiver out of bounds before the pass was thrown, making the receiver ineligible for the rest of the play. If you were watching the game and listening to the announcers, you would be completely convinced that the replacement refs blew a crucial call. In reality, the call was correct.

Remember the offsetting personal foul called on (Browner?, I think) when he knocked Greg Jennings down near the end of a play in Week 3? Bogus call - that was a perfectly legal block resulting in a knockdown. Our CB can't help it if the receiver isn't looking and can't take a legal hit like a man. When Jennings went after the CB after the play was over that should have been a penalty on Green Bay alone.

Similar plays occurred consistently in the Redskins game. The Redskins receivers were whining for flags all game, but RG3 was out of the pocket every time. The refs, correctly, did not throw flags.

So when you see a Seahawk CB pushing/shoving/blocking a receiver downfield, don't fall into the ignorant announcers' trap and think that such conduct is automatically a rules violation.

THANK YOU!
Seems like football fans and especially "experts" (they love to throw that word around) should KNOW THE BLEEPING RULES BEFORE OPENING THEIR STUPID BLEEPING MOUTHS!!!!

*ahem ...................ECB

Last edited by dunceface on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:54 am 
NET Veteran

AirForceSeahawk wrote:

lol I saw that one too, basically what he was saying is the Falcons wont have a chance unless the refs help em out, sounds about right to me..

like renofox says, most them dolts don't even know what PI is..

Hawks need to make sure they get Matt out of the pocket for sure if not outright sack him!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:06 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

You all do know that Casserly really earned his NFL chops on the Redskins, right? His feeling are still hurt from last week.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:30 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

Just watched the latest Casserly segment..

Stumbled all over himself and couldn't even finish sentences correctly.

What a douche.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]