Refs for Sunday: Walt Coleman's crew

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Refs for Sunday: Walt Coleman's crew
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Refs for Sunday: Walt Coleman's crew
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm
  • Coleman last worked a Seahawks game when we beat the Saints in the playoffs.

Coleman last worked a Falcons game in Week 4 against the Panthers.. in that game, Carolina was whistled for 9 penalties to Atlanta's 2.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:55 pm
  • Any idea if his crew lets the players play?

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm
  • Not sure how I feel about this!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm
  • lukerguy wrote:Any idea if his crew lets the players play?

I think it's an all star crew....right?
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:08 pm
  • Looks like he calls it evenly..... I don't see him weighing to the home team side every game.. that's good
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:10 pm
  • I don't remember ever seeing an issue with Coleman's crew.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 pm
  • Yep, it's an all star crew so we have Coleman and all the others are from various crews.
    IowaSeahawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 pm
  • They were talking about this durin redskin game - how nfl does the "all-star" crew thing (are replace my refs eligible? :))

Pretty stupid sometimes the team is better than a collection of individuals...
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm
  • The Field Judge for the game who's primary responsibility is keeping an eye on WR/CB play is Wrolstad. He was born and raised in Washington, went to HS in Renton, UW grad (I think), and is now the athletic director at a school in Tukwila... Just sayin

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 am
  • lukerguy wrote:The Field Judge for the game who's primary responsibility is keeping an eye on WR/CB play is Wrolstad. He was born and raised in Washington, went to HS in Renton, UW grad (I think), and is now the athletic director at a school in Tukwila... Just sayin
    Nice I like the sound of that.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:43 am
  • suppaball wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:The Field Judge for the game who's primary responsibility is keeping an eye on WR/CB play is Wrolstad. He was born and raised in Washington, went to HS in Renton, UW grad (I think), and is now the athletic director at a school in Tukwila... Just sayin
    Nice I like the sound of that.

I dont, sounds like someone would have put that togethor. I could see him getting pulled before the game because of this if the wrong people find out.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:06 am
  • zhawk wrote:
    lukerguy wrote:Any idea if his crew lets the players play?

I think it's an all star crew....right?

The idea of all-star crews is one more way the NFL messes things up. You would get better officiating by keeping crews who know one another together.
    Wallingford
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 am
  • We need to petition the league to have Morelli's crew every week. Best called game I think I've even seen.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 am
  • The only reason you all are worried about this is because you know that Sherman and company hold and illegally contact receivers downfield to overcompensate for their lack of reactionary skills. If they play mistake-free football they will be fine.
    SoCalFalconFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:29 am
  • lukerguy wrote:The Field Judge for the game who's primary responsibility is keeping an eye on WR/CB play is Wrolstad. He was born and raised in Washington, went to HS in Renton, UW grad (I think), and is now the athletic director at a school in Tukwila... Just sayin

Does he have any facebook pictures of him wearing seahawks stuff and celebrating after a win?.........

some of you will get it
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 am
  • Whew! Glad it isn't Jerome Boger. That guy makes Bill Leavy look competent.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 am
  • SoCalFalconFan wrote:The only reason you all are worried about this is because you know that Sherman and company hold and illegally contact receivers downfield to overcompensate for their lack of reactionary skills. If they play mistake-free football they will be fine.

take this sh*t somewhere else dude, nobody around here is trying to hear it...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 am
  • SoCalFalconFan wrote:The only reason you all are worried about this is because you know that Sherman and company hold and illegally contact receivers downfield to overcompensate for their lack of reactionary skills. If they play mistake-free football they will be fine.

Not even, im afraid that officials are swayed just like all humans are. And they will get to ticky tacky. White is just as big an offender as our cb's. The thing is, they are skilled at how they make contact and when. Cant hate on that type of play, its awesome to watch and far less boring.

Pretty soon, with the way things are going, were just gonna remove defenses all together and see which qb can throw the farthest and most accurate for points. This is how boring our games is becoming with constant flags.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:47 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    SoCalFalconFan wrote:The only reason you all are worried about this is because you know that Sherman and company hold and illegally contact receivers downfield to overcompensate for their lack of reactionary skills. If they play mistake-free football they will be fine.

I've watched the entire Seahawks season this week. Their secondary is guilty of what I just said, often. Just an observation. But kudos to you for remaining mature.
    SoCalFalconFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:05 am
  • Don't forget that every O linemen hold on every play too.
    Atl is an offensive team.
    We are a defensive team with an offense.
    We look forward to an evenly called game.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am
  • SoCalFalconFan wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    SoCalFalconFan wrote:The only reason you all are worried about this is because you know that Sherman and company hold and illegally contact receivers downfield to overcompensate for their lack of reactionary skills. If they play mistake-free football they will be fine.

I've watched the entire Seahawks season this week. Their secondary is guilty of what I just said, often. Just an observation. But kudos to you for remaining mature.

You're on a Seahawk board genius, this argument is not going to fly around here... sorry i have to spell out the obvious...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 am
  • I've watched every Seahawk game as well and what you're saying is flat out false. They don't play any different than any other db's around the league in that regard. If that is the case why did Browner get voted in by his peers to the pro bowl last year? I'm getting tired of the argument that Seattle is only good because they cheat. Michael Irvin as a wide receiver obviously said he loves the way these guys play and doesn't see any cheating. Many other ex players have come out this week in praise of these guys as well after breaking down tape for this game. Just my two cents.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:20 am
  • SoCalFalconFan wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:

I've watched the entire Seahawks season this week.

While I really want to believe how you prefaced your statement, I have a hard time. Why would a SoCal Falcon's fan watch the Seahawks "All" year? Also, the video rarely shows what's going on down field, so I have a hard time believing you were even at the games. The TV shows when players get into it, but that may be once or twice a game. Nice try though.

lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:54 am
  • lukerguy wrote:
    SoCalFalconFan wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:

While I really want to believe how you prefaced your statement, I have a hard time. Why would a SoCal Falcon's fan watch the Seahawks "All" year? Also, the video rarely shows what's going on down field, so I have a hard time believing you were even at the games. The TV shows when players get into it, but that may be once or twice a game. Nice try though.

Good grief. LOL! I'm not in here talking smack. I simply shared an observation of the Seahawks secondary. I didn't base it off heresay, I watched their season on replay. I like to know my enemy. At any rate, I will go back over to our boards. I thought I could have an objective conversation in here. I've seen some knowlegable posters on this site. I didn't expect so many of you to respond as though you had just been kicked in your vaginas. Prepare to be bitch slapped on Sunday.
    SoCalFalconFan
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 am
  • mikeak wrote:They were talking about this durin redskin game - how nfl does the "all-star" crew thing (are replace my refs eligible? :))

Pretty stupid sometimes the team is better than a collection of individuals...

Not sure if I agree with that line of thinking. One could also say that since they have been together all year as a team that they may be inclined to cover each others A$$ if they blow a call. I like the fact that they are all from different teams. A good example was the catch by Sidney that was initially called an incomplete and then a completion by the other guy. Just my 2 cents.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:18 am
  • starting out your post with Seahawk DB's cheat more than any other team and everybody knows it quotes is probably not the best way to get the stimulating debate / conversation you were looking for.. how bout showing a little respect before you try to rip into our team... would still be the same result but at least you'd last more than 7 posts.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 am

Nah, I was more concerned we would get some guys with the sac to call receivers for pushing off.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information