Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.

Tattooedseahawk

Reaction score
Whether you are picking a victory or a loss, I look to see what type of extra stuff you add to explain your reasoning and if in either case, it isn't just based on an emotional high or low I think both are worthy.

I am glad to see a variety of predictions. From this point forward, I see 8 good football teams that can win their games if they do things in their favor.

I am confident in the Seahawks as long as they don't let themselves fall behind similar as they did in DC, I see a very close victory.

dunceface

Reaction score
Throwdown":1rqjijt1 said:
Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":2mree11y said:
Throwdown":2mree11y said:
Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:

Swag masters such as myself make up our own words, I could teach you my ways if you'd like.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
It's as 'realistic' to say the Hawks could win as it is to say the Falcons will. One team is a very good team that's playing at home. The other is a team that continues to prove doubters wrong week after week.

Just as the 'realistic' group is implying that the fans predicting a Seahawk win must be somehow biased by calling them 'homers,' the same can be said about the 'realistic' crowd...the difference being the ones being 'real' are biased in the other direction. Let me offer an opinion that the cause of this bias is 36 years of programming. Decades of mediocrity has conditioned many of us long-time fans to expect that the team will somehow fall short. The question is how long will it take to de-program?

How many times does this team need to prove itself to us? By all weights and measures, this is not your daddy's team and it's certainly not the 'some old......' I won't finish the phrase because it doesn't belong in the same breath when speaking of what Pete and John have assembled.

I can appeciate how the paradigm remains stubbornly burned into one's psyche, but can we shift that just a bit for the playoffs? All of this hedging against a possible emotional crash is not what this team needs from us right now. They're in the playoffs, and this young bunch of 'go getters' are 'all-in.' Why not err in favor of your team while also acknowledging the very real possibility that Altanta could win?

I've been a fan since 1976, but I'm gonna muster enough belief to put it out there for these guys. They've accomplished enough to earn that much from me.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":sr0clg00 said:
A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!

All of these. Especially 4.

Slick

Reaction score
Thy devotion to Seahawks does not determine thy size of one's member. With that being said, I'm more of a Seahawks fan than anyone in history. PERIOD. </sarcasm>

birdman5

Reaction score
I love one thing for sure about this current Seahawks team. You will not hear it discussed - "I hope the (fill in the blank) team doesn't get into the Seahawks heads." But you do hear the opposite coming from the other side a lot. This is not MY same old Seahawks.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Slick":2gcwwy59 said:
Thy devotion to Seahawks does not determine thy size of one's member. With that being said, I'm more of a Seahawks fan than anyone in history. PERIOD. </sarcasm>

Don't know what your talking about, my swag is huge. I'm the swagiest swagnosticator in seaswag nation.

Swag2K... Out!

canfan

Reaction score
Totally agree. :sarcasm_on: But you have to understand where these people come from. The way it works is the harder the more people believe the likelier it is to happening. So when you raise concerns about the next game it will be YOUR fault if the Seahawks loose....... :sarcasm_off:[/quote]

So you mean it's like that Bud Light (I think) commercials - you know the one where they all turn their labels the same way to make the field goal go through the uprights? Its only weird if it doesn't work?

dunceface

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":22hem1j2 said:
Throwdown, you need and deserve one of these:
Swaggiest zpsb92a34d5

I wonder if you could get one with 'swagnosticator' on it?