Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)

shiva1008

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":1i1nd78e said:
Aros":1i1nd78e said:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

They beat Chicago and the Giants last year with 10 am start times. The 10 am thing isn't as much of an issue with this current team.

Barthawk

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":1ltxouf3 said:
Aros":1ltxouf3 said:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

Wrong.. we beat the Rams at STL in 08 and 09 at a 10am PST kickoff..

Chawker

Reaction score
Howdy Seahawk nation!
You know I had to throw in my .02 cents in on this game.
Chawker spot on prediction.
Seahawks 31
Falcons 23
CHEERS

Hawker

Reaction score
I just don't see our D giving up more than 3 touchdowns, given how we've held everyone save for Detroit and Miami to two TD's or less. Make Houshka's leg irrelevant by converting in the red zone.

SEA 34
ATL 20

Book it, Danno.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I've been struggling with this all week. In the end, I have a bad feeling the our team's pass rush issues will be their undoing. I keep flashing back to visions of their offense moving down the field with the game's last posession and scoring to win it in the end because Ryan sits in the pocket without pressure and picks apart the Hawks' defense. Of course I sincerely hope to be wrong.

Falcons 26
Hawks 23

HawksFan83

Reaction score
theres no Haushka guys, its Longwell, ive noticed some of you guys still throwin his name out into your predictions. anyway. My prediction.

Hawks 21
Falcs - 17

scakfan

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":cw1fvc0t said:
I've been struggling with this all week. In the end, I have a bad feeling the our team's pass rush issues will be their undoing. I keep flashing back to visions of their offense moving down the field with the game's last posession and scoring to win it in the end because Ryan sits in the pocket without pressure and picks apart the Hawks' defense. Of course I sincerely hope to be wrong.

Falcons 26
Hawks 23

We have had plenty of time to address 3rd down pass rush issues and find our weaknesses. Clem or no Clem we will be able to put sufficient pressure on the Ryan to force at least one turnover. The addition of Patrick at DE, he is ripped, in nickel will offer a differant type of player on the strong side nickel package D. Although start time is a bummer, this is the playoffs and adrenaline will be flowing in our young Hawks. We keep them to 2 touchdowns and some feild goals.

Hawks 27+
Falcons 20

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Okay as the game gets closer I'm feeling more and more confident that this in fact may be our year. Is it too late to change my prediction? ;)

Joey13091

Reaction score
I say it's going to be very close. I never go against the seahawks. Longwell comes in and makes a FG from a 2 minute drive by wilson. 23-20 Hawks.

chawx

Reaction score
I ain't skurred... I'm from the future and I have my sports almanac with me right now. Sadly, if I nail the score exactly, I'll have the FBI/CIA at my door wanting to steal my technology for it's evil purposes...and I can't risk that happening.

But....

****SPOILER ALERT****

Seahawks = 50 burger
Falcons = Not as much as us.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
Say it ain't so Aros,................say it ain't so.

Please,...............Russ an' the boys are going to eat these guys alive.

Seriously,...........

.........I love the matchups (across the board), but I still think Ryan is a choker, and Wilson is NOT.

And our Defense,...........fuggedaboudit. Lights-out. Shut-down. Whatever!!!! They're IT.

Seahawks: 37 Falcons: 13

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have been a Hawks fan too long to make some blind, homer pick.

I was thinking after last Sunday, that the Seahawks had accomplished their goals, that they had done enough this season because as a fan, I was satisfied with their run.

Then I realized something, the Seahawks aren't satisfied. They know that they can beat anyone and the more I looked at the Hawks last 9 games, the more I saw a team that doesn't have to do anything special. They just what they do, every week and they usually end up on top when it is over.

The events that transpired over this run have been different, but all 3 pieces of this team have played consistently in every game.

The defense has allowed just over 12 points a game in their last 6 games with 3 of those games on the road.

The offense has run the ball to levels I can't even fathom in that stretch and the passing game has been more than efficient as Wilson just keeps that steady composure, no matter the situation.

I am not one to over analyze stats, but it is easy to see that Hawks just have to do what they always do to get a win in Atlanta. The Falcons are good enough to win 13 of the regular season games they were presented with. None of those teams are like the Seahawks, none of them.

The Falcons aren't the 89 Niners, they have weaknesses, several of them in fact and the Seahawks will find it and exploit it without even focusing on it.

The only weakness I can even potentially present for the Hawks is the hole left by Clemons, but that hole (which has yet to be proven) is the run defense that Clemons had. Too bad for Atlanta that they don't focus on running the ball much.

Aside from that, I just feel the consistency from the Hawks is too much for the Falcons to handle. Wilson does not get rattled, ever, this team has absolutely no pressure on them to do anything differently than they have been doing.

That's why I am giving this to the Hawks, 30-23. I typically go with Todd on these picks, but not this time.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks 24 Falcons 21

I'm a homer all the way. Red Bryant blocks a field goal attempt in the final minute to preserve the win.
Go Hawks, Just win!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seahawks 31, Falcons 20.
Falcons move the ball well most of the day against us, and get a couple TD's and a couple FG's. We move the ball and score TD's on them.
We get a key turnover that gets turned into a score and are +1 on the day in turnovers.
If we get an early lead, we'll get more turnovers, be +2, and win by 38-17.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Falcons are really good at home. I'm really proud of this team and we have an amazing future.

Falcons 27-20

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
For some reason I feel extreamly calm about this game.

Delusional homer prediction, 40 burgers for falcons fans all around :179422:
42 - 10
Hawks
relistic prediction :thirishdrinkers:
28 - 14
Hawks

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This is by no means an easy game. Anyone who thinks so is ignoring all factors. The Falcons a good team playing at home. A very good offense that has scored under 20 only 2 times all season. They will most likely score 25-30 pts. And the Hawks are going to have to score more if they want to win this thing. Fans predicting the Falcons being held to 15 or less pts are not being realistic.

The key to the game for me is going to be the Hawks' ability to get off the field on 3rd downs. This game to me is the Detroit game all over again. Only against a better version of the Lions. Explosive offense, playing at home in a dome. Against Detroit the Hawks gave up a disgusting % of 3rd downs. And lost the game specifically because of it. The Atlanta Falcons are the #2 offense on 3rd downs this year, converting 45% of them. If the Hawks D gives up on 3rd like they did in Detroit, they lose. Plain and simple.

And we haven't even talked about the big scary elephant in the corner. This Atlanta team is basically us in 2005. A #1 seed that hasn't won anything before, being told by everyone in the country that they are going to choke. They have the ultimate "nobody believes in us!" card to play. You know the Falcons want nothing more than to prove everyone wrong, and to remove the choker label that has been placed on Matt Ryan and Mike Smith. These are the sort of factors that can lead a lesser team to a victory, let alone a team that went 13-3 that is playing at home where it plays very well.

The Hawks most certainly have a shot. But they absolutely have to bring their A game. Both on offense to score enough points to stay ahead of the Falcons, who aren't being shut out. And on defense, where a highly effective passing game is going to attack them right in their biggest weakness, lack of pass rush and 3rd down struggles. If the Hawks can put up points as well as pull off a respectable 3rd down stop %, they stand a very good chance at winning. If not, all the other factors will lead to an extremely hungry Atlanta team doing what we did to Washington at home, after a bye, in the 2nd round. Shut up all the naysayers. Hopefully the Hawks prevent that. But they are going to have to bring their A game. And are going to have to play a lot better than they did last week in DC.

Latest posts