Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
Dirty Bird wrote:
HawksFTW wrote:
Dirty Bird wrote:
I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.


Wait...do you actually think that fact that your team's stadium holds more people than Century Link Field is MORE relevant than the percentage of seats filled?

No, just pointing it out.


So when you made this statement:
Dirty Bird wrote:
Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance


About you being ranked "ahead" of us, and used that metric as a compare the two fanbases, what exactly was your point? That you routinely fail to fill your stadium to capacity?

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
Dirty Bird wrote:
I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.


Irony FTL.

So let us get this straight, you're bragging about having more fans because your stadium was built with more seats? That's like bragging about your girlfriend being hotter than your friend's when you friend doesn't even have a girlfriend.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 2824
Location: Seattle
Sarlacc83 wrote:
That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14120
Location: Portland, OR
pinksheets wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.


Washington's home numbers are fairly listed there, too. Sweet.

/off topic

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm
Posts: 109
LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm 
* NET E-Knight *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am
Posts: 4157
pinksheets wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.


This. The away percentage is heavily dependent on schedule. There are years where we are up near the top 10, and years that we are dead last. Add to that playing a team like STL every year, who hasn't broken 90% attendance at home in 5 years, doesn't help.

_________________
cboom wrote:
Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2435
Dirty Bird wrote:
LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.


You placing the word ignorant in front of your is what made it so funny.

We'll see how loud it is Sunday, fair enough? My guess is pretty loud, but nowhere near Century Link loud..........the standard for which all stadiums are judged for noise.

Better hope the Falcons have a lead by the 4th quarter, or else your fans are going to start turning on the team for crapping the bed in the playoffs yet again.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm
Posts: 109
Sgt. Largent wrote:
Dirty Bird wrote:
LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.


You placing the word ignorant in front of your is what made it so funny.

We'll see how loud it is Sunday, fair enough? My guess is pretty loud, but nowhere near Century Link loud..........the standard for which all stadiums are judged for noise.

Better hope the Falcons have a lead by the 4th quarter, or else your fans are going to start turning on the team for crapping the bed in the playoffs yet again.

I know the irony behind it but I thought this was a message board not an English composition class? Georgia dome is electric but not as loud as CenturyLink which was built to trap noise. Falcon fans wouldn't turn on the team because they didn't have the lead at the start of 4th quarter. Maybe if it was a blowout like the Packers game then possibly? The 4th quarter is actually when the dome is the loudest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Auburn, WA
Dirty Bird wrote:
Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance



And here to save face for the City of Atlanta.. DIRTY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD


You tell 'em DB!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22609
Location: Kirkland, WA
Dirty Bird wrote:
I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm
Posts: 109
RolandDeschain wrote:
Dirty Bird wrote:
I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:

I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:19 am
Posts: 9
NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22609
Location: Kirkland, WA
Dirty Bird wrote:
I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.


I didn't, actually; because what you said implied something different from what you meant.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm 
I'M JIMMY!
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Auburn, WA
Dirty Bird wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:
Dirty Bird wrote:
I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:

I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.


You were phased a long time ago. I'm telling ya, keep kicking that dog and it will bite. Just think of the time you have already spent accomplishing nothing.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am
Posts: 14
marylandseahawker wrote:
NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.


If you lived in Atlanta, it would be easier to understand. In my department at work, there are eight of us. I'm one of only two people from this area. The other has no interest in sports. Obviously this is a very small sample size, but you get the idea. Even many of my friends from this area don't cheer for the Falcons because their parents are from places like Chicago, NY, etc. so they grew up fans of those cities' teams.

The Falcons fan base is not "bad". It's just a surprisingly (for those who don't live here) small fan base in a large city. There's a good portion of urban Atlanta that does cheer for the Falcons but can scarcely afford to actually go to games. It's also a fan base that's used to losing. We never had back-to-back winning seasons before Smith & Ryan got here.

If I'm not mistaken, owner Arthur Blank actually lowered ticket prices a few years back to try to accommodate for lower income fans, which was considered heresy by many other NFL owners.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm 
NET Rookie
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm
Posts: 184
Personally, I'm not down with one city bashing another because it has less passionate fans and/or a smaller base of passionate fans. So what? It doesn't make the first city "better" than the other one. Different cities have different interests and/or different levels of interest in particular things. I'm sure there are things that Atlantans are more passionate about than Seattlelites, and that wouldn't make Atlanta "better" than Seattle either..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am
Posts: 167
Man, I wish i could buy all those tickets and hand them out to all you guys.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am
Posts: 48
Falcan Moore wrote:
This happens with lots of playoff games. Redskins fans probably bought a bunch of tickets and then realized it wouldn't pan out. :D

Also, Fibonacci, you're really giving us a bit of a bad name over here. Just saying.


says the guy who makes up another name, just saying.

go read all my other post here.
Aro post on how he thought they were going to lose, I was the "one" falcon fan who said for him to not talk like that. I tried my hardest to pump him up. Go read my post
go look at the thread I started. look at the way I finished it.
so before you say I am giving us a bad name over here......go do your homework, just saying.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am
Posts: 48
theoaklandphenom wrote:
marylandseahawker wrote:
NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.


If you lived in Atlanta, it would be easier to understand. In my department at work, there are eight of us. I'm one of only two people from this area. The other has no interest in sports. Obviously this is a very small sample size, but you get the idea. Even many of my friends from this area don't cheer for the Falcons because their parents are from places like Chicago, NY, etc. so they grew up fans of those cities' teams.

The Falcons fan base is not "bad". It's just a surprisingly (for those who don't live here) small fan base in a large city. There's a good portion of urban Atlanta that does cheer for the Falcons but can scarcely afford to actually go to games. It's also a fan base that's used to losing. We never had back-to-back winning seasons before Smith & Ryan got here.

If I'm not mistaken, owner Arthur Blank actually lowered ticket prices a few years back to try to accommodate for lower income fans, which was considered heresy by many other NFL owners.

actually blank wanted to sell the team when he took over.

Dimitroff was the one who really turned this team around from losing season to having 5 consecutive winning seasons.
- not many people know who Tom Landry is. but they should go and look at what he did for a team that was much like the 66-07 falcons. he changed the cowgirls around and made them a great team for 20+ years.
- - also landry started out only getting them winning seasons. I think he did not win his first playoff until the 4th season. after he finally won the playoffs, he made that team unstoppable for a long time.
and honestly I can see the falcons becoming like this.

we will mostly win our division for some time.
- carolina...what a joke they haven;t done nothing for a while and has a ton of holes to fill
- tampa has no clue who to let coach and what to do with players. sure they did decent last year and this year. therefore they will sometimes give falcons a run at the playoffs.
- saints...man they have to make so many big cuts in the next few years because of how they back loaded so many players. they are in cap space trouble for 3 years straight. each year they will have to give up 8+ million. and they cannot even build their team since they lost draft picks due to their bounty crap.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Game not sold out???
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 1554
no one has really supported the Falcons this season even some announcers are saying they wont till they prove themselves and the fact they're not ranting and raving is just because they're not proven, beating sub par teams isn't exactly proving yourself, the Hawks, Green Bay, Pats and the Niners are all proven..

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.