Jerry Jones thinks his team should beat us at home

dunceface

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":3aqpq3lt said:
By the way the cowboys are 1 win, 5 losses in Seattle since 2000 (including the playoff's, if I'm not mistaken) and the win was a close shootout, so winning in Seatte has probably become a personal "jones" for JJ (pun intended).

Good point and well played, sir.

mikeak

Reaction score
Really the statement should have been - not only does our defense has to beat Seattle and Chicago they need to overcome 10 pts scored against the offense / special teams and overcome 5 interceptions by our offense (chicago)

that is a high standard to set for your defense....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jerrah needed to sacrifice someone, and it was Ryan. Who else is he going to blame for his finesse team?

And that is what he said, in so many words. Beating us or Chicago at our houses is codespeak for laying a beat down on a physical team. It is a compliment, in years past he would have referred to a team like Baltimore or the Steelers for this analogy.

But, he fired the wrong guy. Or should have fired one more, plus himself. His HC gives up on the run faster than chinese food runs through me. And Jerrah himself has drafted a lot of guys who don't love physical play. It isn't a taught quality.

TJH

Reaction score
This is clearly a compliment. The only people hwo would find issue in this are people who are looking to be offended.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
mikeak":18zuixlp said:
Really the statement should have been - not only does our defense has to beat Seattle and Chicago they need to overcome 10 pts scored against the offense / special teams and overcome 5 interceptions by our offense (chicago)

This sentence makes my brain hurt.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CANHawk":21xzkl8e said:
JSeahawks":21xzkl8e said:
He's a good owner; he's super committed, not afraid to spend money and pimps his team every chance he gets. No, Jerry's problem is that he's a HORRIBLE general manager. If he really wants to be a great team, he'll park his big stupid ego, stop trying to pretend he's some kind of bigshot football guru and hire a real GM to handle his football team.
^^ This.
And the other comment that Jerry Jones the owner needs to fire Jerry Jones the GM.
In MLB with no salary cap, George Steinbrenner could buy Yankees championships (some, anyway) by just buying up all the best talent money can buy.
The Steinbrenner approach would be a miserable failure in the NFL. Jerry Jones is probably more capable than Steinbrenner, but Steinbrenner knew enough to hire real GM's.

Oh, Jerry, I hear Tim Ruskell could be available as your GM...

Latest posts