Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Come on guys, don't bother the "real" Seahawks fans with your objective view of the game. I used DVOA to prove that the Seahawks will win one billion to zero.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I shit swag and distill vodka from the tears of starving children. Don't talk to me about practice.

Riley12

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2gkqjr9m said:
Reading the message board here is depressing this week. The majority of people picking the Falcons. Im glad this team isn't a reflection of the fan majority or we would have lost the game already.

<------------- :141847_bnono:

What majority?

I think you mean the 'vocal minority'.

The majority is ready to rumble, and fully support our team.

EDIT - Oops - Reading my post, I realized how I may sound - that picking against our team means not 'supporting' them.
Sorry.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Every opponent is worth respecting in the NFL, especially in the second round of the playoffs.

Honestly, I've loved the board this week, its been as calm and rational as I've ever seen it. I'm sure it could be just a come down from the manic hysteric hyperbole and chest thumping that emanated from this board last week before the Skins game, but it seems like there is a lot of objective, fair analysis going on.

And objective, fair analysis says that when you play the number one seed in the conference, with a damn good quarterback, in their house, and they've been sittin and resting and waiting to avenge three years of playoff embarassment, you've got every right to be concerned.

sam1313

Reaction score
I, for one, am missing Peaches, "You. Have. No. Chance ." Statements prior to the skins game. Gave me a little more confidence.....

madbohem

Reaction score
I have no problem believing this game is Buffalo part deuce.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The more film I watch of the Falcons, the more and more confident I become in the Seahawks to win this thing.

And it's not a knock on the Falcons, I just think we match up so well with them it's hard not to feel good about it

zhawk

Reaction score
I got swag.... just got my new dangeruss home jersey in the mail, and I've been rockin it in the texas panhandle with pretty good reviews.

Shock2k

Reaction score
So I don't understand, is it I'm not a fan if I root for a Seahawks win, or if I stay objective and admit they could lose? Or do I loose cred if I get crazy ra ra?

I'm just going to stick with I'm a fan because I'm a fan. I guess I could see it either way, but I like getting crazy on game day, that will never change. Maybe I could use .Net for my objectivity and something else for when I want to get insan-o crazy on game day. Screw that, I like this board, I don't want to post anywhere else. You guys are just going to have to deal with insan-o on Sunday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I am on vacation down here in Vegas rockin the hawks hear. Hear a ton of "Go Hawks!" And random high 5's from strangers!

soxhawk

Reaction score
I agree completely with Aros' sentiments. If this game was in Seattle I'm sure everyone would feel super confident about a seahawks win. All that stands in our way is that this game is in Atlanta. If we can get past that, we win. Plain and simple. We're a better and hotter team. Atlanta could've beaten us in the first half of the season. Not right now...

dunceface

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2zu0munb said:
I shit swag and distill vodka from the tears of starving children. Don't talk to me about practice.

Thats funny because I like to marinate my swaggg in niners tears and then put it in paper bags and set them on fire on old man Gonzalez's front porch...

Escamillo

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":17c7alyn said:
A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!

13-3 isn't THAT much better than 12-5, where one would simply assume that the former team is superior, particularly when the former team had, statistically speaking, the easiest schedule in the entire league. All teams in the playoffs are "good teams, worthy of respect". That's not the issue. The issue is the "OMG, OMG, it's 13-3 Atlanta!!!! Help!!!" mentality. But that's the attitude that lots of Seattle fans have ingrained into them and that's been the case for many many years. Well, some of us are sick of it, and particularly sick of having that attitude presented as "realistic". How is it more "realistic" to assume a loss in this case? Of course the Seahawks could lose. But guess what, they could also win. And the latter outcome isn't far fetched or even less "realistic".

That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.[/quote]

I approve of this statement! :stirthepot:

Shock2k

Reaction score
Man see what happens when the Redskins stop trolling the boards. We start turning on each other. Does anyone on this board REALLY care about how a fellow fan frets or celebrates. It all balances out.

Fretters: Fretters (including myself) bring sober thinking to the game. They give everyone something to think about and more importantly debate as the week goes on. Without the fretting, the thinking this whole board would be a high five circle. And that just gets boring.

Fanners: Cheerleaders (including myself) help the fretter's get jacked up. Who cares about thier laser guided bunker buster stats, their out of control hijinks. They are the folks you want on Sunday getting you pumped up for the game.

Remember younger fans, think about going 30 years without ANY post season success. You think 2005 to now is long? There is a reason the long lived Seattle fan is so... Grumpy Smurf... they have had their hopes dashed in every possible horrible way. They are litterally waiting for the other shoe to drop. So don't go telling them they aren't being good fans, you may not know how long they have been suffering, the are trying to soften a blow. What you can do is help getting them jacked up.

And all you Grumpy Smurfs, don't squash the younger generation's crazy fandom, we don't need to put all our horrible Seahawks history on them. Feed off the optimism, warrented or not.

Or do whatever you want, it's none of my damn business.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Escamillo":295e3dmj said:
That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.
:13: :13: :13: :13:

dunceface

Reaction score
Bravo, Shock2K, that was very level headed.

Is it Sunday yet??!!
GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.