Fun fact about the Atlanta Falcons in the playoffs

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • The Falcons should change their name to the "Kingmakers." Every team that has played Atlanta in the playoffs during the Matt Ryan era has not only won, but eventually went on to reach the Superbowl.

In 2008, they lost to the Arizona Cardinals, who went on to reach Superbowl XLIII and nearly won it.
    In 2010, they lost to the Green Bay Packers, who went on to reach Superbowl XLV and became NFL champions.
    In 2011, they lost to the New York Giants, who went on to reach Superbowl XLVI and became NFL champions.
    Last edited by kearly on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• may as well start a trend if you ask me... lol
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• Certainly something to hang your hat on.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• I like it. Let's continue to make them the brides left at the altar.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Wow, i would be so sad if i was a Falcon's fan knowing that fact.
    hai
    NET Starter

• hai wrote:Wow, i would be so sad if i was a Falcon's fan knowing that fact.

I would guess most Falcons fans are painfully aware of this stat.
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Kearly, you should try your hand at prognostication. Make a big write-up predicting what you think will happen, like your post-game random thoughts posts.
    Rams bet status: honored. Bradford still sucks.
    RedAlice is right.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Well, thats my counter argument towards someone saying the Falcons are chokes
    FalconsNation
    NET Bench Warmer

• tomahawk wrote:
    hai wrote:Wow, i would be so sad if i was a Falcon's fan knowing that fact.

I would guess most Falcons fans are painfully aware of this stat.

Very much aware of it. We always play the hot team at the wrong time for us...and you guys look to be that team. You're the matchup I fear most on paper, but luckily for us, the 2012 Falcons are capable of beating any team with the new set of coordinators. It'll be tough. And I'll root for you guys to win it if we fail.
    Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

• RolandDeschain wrote:Kearly, you should try your hand at prognostication. Make a big write-up predicting what you think will happen, like your post-game random thoughts posts.

It would be a kiss of death. I'll pass.

This is the most unpredictable game of the year. We have no idea of Seattle will blitz or not, if they'll get pressure or not, and pressure could very easily decide the outcome.

I am feeling more confident as the game nears. Based on how that's worked out for me in the past, everyone should start getting worried.
    Last edited by kearly on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Those were all really strong destiny teams. Like they were winning, but getting all kinds of lucky breaks. Packers got into the playoffs on a bad call in the Vikes game. Giants barely squeaked in but were playing lights-out on a hot streak.

Thing is, if they lose, ownership has gotta be thinking about a new coach. They run an outdated offense. The last decade has definitely favored defense and strong run game versus pass-heavy vertical offenses. Green Bay beat Pittsburgh by forcing turnovers on defense and a fairly conservative offense. New Orleans won through the air but has been dismal since, thanks to a weak defense.

There is so much parity in the NFL now that only the best-balanced teams win much in the postseason. Atlanta will only win through strong defense. They'll have to play better defense than San Francisco and Washington. Good luck with that.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information