Game not sold out???

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.


    Wait...do you actually think that fact that your team's stadium holds more people than Century Link Field is MORE relevant than the percentage of seats filled?

    No, just pointing it out.


    So when you made this statement:
    Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance


    About you being ranked "ahead" of us, and used that metric as a compare the two fanbases, what exactly was your point? That you routinely fail to fill your stadium to capacity?
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:29 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.


    Irony FTL.

    So let us get this straight, you're bragging about having more fans because your stadium was built with more seats? That's like bragging about your girlfriend being hotter than your friend's when you friend doesn't even have a girlfriend.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:30 pm
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

    Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.
    User avatar
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2836
    Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:47 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:32 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

    Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.


    Washington's home numbers are fairly listed there, too. Sweet.

    /off topic
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15232
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:34 pm
  • LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.
    User avatar
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 109
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

    Look at Miami's home numbers. :lol: I've got to wonder if that game didn't do that ranking in on its own. Wow.


    This. The away percentage is heavily dependent on schedule. There are years where we are up near the top 10, and years that we are dead last. Add to that playing a team like STL every year, who hasn't broken 90% attendance at home in 5 years, doesn't help.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    User avatar
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *
     
    Posts: 4157
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:06 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:42 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.


    You placing the word ignorant in front of your is what made it so funny.

    We'll see how loud it is Sunday, fair enough? My guess is pretty loud, but nowhere near Century Link loud..........the standard for which all stadiums are judged for noise.

    Better hope the Falcons have a lead by the 4th quarter, or else your fans are going to start turning on the team for crapping the bed in the playoffs yet again.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:51 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:LOL @ ridiculing your instead of you're. That's pretty sad.


    You placing the word ignorant in front of your is what made it so funny.

    We'll see how loud it is Sunday, fair enough? My guess is pretty loud, but nowhere near Century Link loud..........the standard for which all stadiums are judged for noise.

    Better hope the Falcons have a lead by the 4th quarter, or else your fans are going to start turning on the team for crapping the bed in the playoffs yet again.

    I know the irony behind it but I thought this was a message board not an English composition class? Georgia dome is electric but not as loud as CenturyLink which was built to trap noise. Falcon fans wouldn't turn on the team because they didn't have the lead at the start of 4th quarter. Maybe if it was a blowout like the Packers game then possibly? The 4th quarter is actually when the dome is the loudest.
    User avatar
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 109
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance



    And here to save face for the City of Atlanta.. DIRTY BIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD


    You tell 'em DB!
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:54 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


    A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25763
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:58 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


    A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:

    I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.
    User avatar
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 109
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:05 pm
  • NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.
    marylandseahawker
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 9
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:19 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:11 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.


    I didn't, actually; because what you said implied something different from what you meant.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 25763
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:21 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.


    A percentage isn't a number? Alrighty then. If you meant the raw number, you should have said "raw". Otherwise, "number" just means anything with digits in it. You know, numbers. :roll:

    I'm pretty sure you had a clear idea of what I meant by my post. But you can keep acting like a smartass, it doesn't phase me.


    You were phased a long time ago. I'm telling ya, keep kicking that dog and it will bite. Just think of the time you have already spent accomplishing nothing.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5848
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm
  • marylandseahawker wrote:NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.


    If you lived in Atlanta, it would be easier to understand. In my department at work, there are eight of us. I'm one of only two people from this area. The other has no interest in sports. Obviously this is a very small sample size, but you get the idea. Even many of my friends from this area don't cheer for the Falcons because their parents are from places like Chicago, NY, etc. so they grew up fans of those cities' teams.

    The Falcons fan base is not "bad". It's just a surprisingly (for those who don't live here) small fan base in a large city. There's a good portion of urban Atlanta that does cheer for the Falcons but can scarcely afford to actually go to games. It's also a fan base that's used to losing. We never had back-to-back winning seasons before Smith & Ryan got here.

    If I'm not mistaken, owner Arthur Blank actually lowered ticket prices a few years back to try to accommodate for lower income fans, which was considered heresy by many other NFL owners.
    theoaklandphenom
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:06 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 pm
  • Personally, I'm not down with one city bashing another because it has less passionate fans and/or a smaller base of passionate fans. So what? It doesn't make the first city "better" than the other one. Different cities have different interests and/or different levels of interest in particular things. I'm sure there are things that Atlantans are more passionate about than Seattlelites, and that wouldn't make Atlanta "better" than Seattle either..
    Escamillo
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 254
    Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm
  • Man, I wish i could buy all those tickets and hand them out to all you guys.
    Image
    User avatar
    madbohem
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 167
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:37 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:17 pm
  • Falcan Moore wrote:This happens with lots of playoff games. Redskins fans probably bought a bunch of tickets and then realized it wouldn't pan out. :D

    Also, Fibonacci, you're really giving us a bit of a bad name over here. Just saying.


    says the guy who makes up another name, just saying.

    go read all my other post here.
    Aro post on how he thought they were going to lose, I was the "one" falcon fan who said for him to not talk like that. I tried my hardest to pump him up. Go read my post
    go look at the thread I started. look at the way I finished it.
    so before you say I am giving us a bad name over here......go do your homework, just saying.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm
  • theoaklandphenom wrote:
    marylandseahawker wrote:NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.


    If you lived in Atlanta, it would be easier to understand. In my department at work, there are eight of us. I'm one of only two people from this area. The other has no interest in sports. Obviously this is a very small sample size, but you get the idea. Even many of my friends from this area don't cheer for the Falcons because their parents are from places like Chicago, NY, etc. so they grew up fans of those cities' teams.

    The Falcons fan base is not "bad". It's just a surprisingly (for those who don't live here) small fan base in a large city. There's a good portion of urban Atlanta that does cheer for the Falcons but can scarcely afford to actually go to games. It's also a fan base that's used to losing. We never had back-to-back winning seasons before Smith & Ryan got here.

    If I'm not mistaken, owner Arthur Blank actually lowered ticket prices a few years back to try to accommodate for lower income fans, which was considered heresy by many other NFL owners.

    actually blank wanted to sell the team when he took over.

    Dimitroff was the one who really turned this team around from losing season to having 5 consecutive winning seasons.
    - not many people know who Tom Landry is. but they should go and look at what he did for a team that was much like the 66-07 falcons. he changed the cowgirls around and made them a great team for 20+ years.
    - - also landry started out only getting them winning seasons. I think he did not win his first playoff until the 4th season. after he finally won the playoffs, he made that team unstoppable for a long time.
    and honestly I can see the falcons becoming like this.

    we will mostly win our division for some time.
    - carolina...what a joke they haven;t done nothing for a while and has a ton of holes to fill
    - tampa has no clue who to let coach and what to do with players. sure they did decent last year and this year. therefore they will sometimes give falcons a run at the playoffs.
    - saints...man they have to make so many big cuts in the next few years because of how they back loaded so many players. they are in cap space trouble for 3 years straight. each year they will have to give up 8+ million. and they cannot even build their team since they lost draft picks due to their bounty crap.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 48
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am


Re: Game not sold out???
Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 am
  • no one has really supported the Falcons this season even some announcers are saying they wont till they prove themselves and the fact they're not ranting and raving is just because they're not proven, beating sub par teams isn't exactly proving yourself, the Hawks, Green Bay, Pats and the Niners are all proven..
    GO HAWKS!!!
    User avatar
    Twisted
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm


Previous


It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online