marylandseahawker wrote:NFL Ticket Exchange still has 4,600 tickets available. Cheap seats are only $65 and I saw level 100 seats for $115. Cants believe how cheap the tickets are compared to last week in DC.
If you lived in Atlanta, it would be easier to understand. In my department at work, there are eight of us. I'm one of only two people from this area. The other has no interest in sports. Obviously this is a very small sample size, but you get the idea. Even many of my friends from this area don't cheer for the Falcons because their parents are from places like Chicago, NY, etc. so they grew up fans of those cities' teams.
The Falcons fan base is not "bad". It's just a surprisingly (for those who don't live here) small fan base in a large city. There's a good portion of urban Atlanta that does cheer for the Falcons but can scarcely afford to actually go to games. It's also a fan base that's used to losing. We never had back-to-back winning seasons before Smith & Ryan got here.
If I'm not mistaken, owner Arthur Blank actually lowered ticket prices a few years back to try to accommodate for lower income fans, which was considered heresy by many other NFL owners.
actually blank wanted to sell the team when he took over.
Dimitroff was the one who really turned this team around from losing season to having 5 consecutive winning seasons.
- not many people know who Tom Landry is. but they should go and look at what he did for a team that was much like the 66-07 falcons. he changed the cowgirls around and made them a great team for 20+ years.
- - also landry started out only getting them winning seasons. I think he did not win his first playoff until the 4th season. after he finally won the playoffs, he made that team unstoppable for a long time.
and honestly I can see the falcons becoming like this.
we will mostly win our division for some time.
- carolina...what a joke they haven;t done nothing for a while and has a ton of holes to fill
- tampa has no clue who to let coach and what to do with players. sure they did decent last year and this year. therefore they will sometimes give falcons a run at the playoffs.
- saints...man they have to make so many big cuts in the next few years because of how they back loaded so many players. they are in cap space trouble for 3 years straight. each year they will have to give up 8+ million. and they cannot even build their team since they lost draft picks due to their bounty crap.