Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks have swag, but the fans don't.
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:56 pm
  • Reading the message board here is depressing this week. The majority of people picking the Falcons. Im glad this team isn't a reflection of the fan majority or we would have lost the game already.

<------------- :141847_bnono:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• So by "majority" you mean you read a couple of people picking falcons to win? I certainly haven't seen a majority picking against the hawks.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Yeah it sucks. :34853_doh:
    Far too many hawks fans.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran

• I don't even read those threads
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• By picking the Falcons, do you mean they're saying we won't dominate them?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• One of the few things that bugs me when the team is going great is the increased number of folks that want to control how a person feels or talks about the team. If you aren't flag waving 24/7 you aren't down with the cause. Yet, let this team fall on hard time, these same jokers are the first off the sinking ship.

Just fill out a list of acceptable responses and behavior and I will sign up. Don't want to be accused of being fair-weather.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I've seen...like...6 or 7. Out of at least a hundred.
    Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

• drdiags wrote:One of the few things that bugs me when the team is going great is the increased number of folks that want to control how a person feels or talks about the team. If you aren't flag waving 24/7 you aren't down with the cause. Yet, let this team fall on hard time, these same jokers are the first off the sinking ship.

Just fill out a list of acceptable responses and behavior and I will sign up. Don't want to be accused of being fair-weather.

Drdiags nailed it dude. :13:
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:By picking the Falcons, do you mean they're saying we won't dominate them?

Ah I see what you're talking about. Those are all valid concerns. But to me that's all they are. I am confident our young team will find a way to get it done. One reason why I think we'll win...we aren't one dimensional. We can win with the long bomb like vs NE, or we just pound it and skate by like we have most of the season
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• bellingerga wrote:So by "majority" you mean you read a couple of people picking falcons to win? I certainly haven't seen a majority picking against the hawks.

+1000 . See Bellingera and Diags reply.

Plus anyone using "swag" as a descriptor or other in a hawks post is easy to ignore.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• drdiags wrote:One of the few things that bugs me when the team is going great is the increased number of folks that want to control how a person feels or talks about the team. If you aren't flag waving 24/7 you aren't down with the cause. Yet, let this team fall on hard time, these same jokers are the first off the sinking ship.

I agree. I've been telling Falcon fans if Mike Smith loses this game that he'll be Marty Schottenheimer 2.0. They don't wanna hear it though.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• People are using their heads, not their hearts. On Sunday, the former will disappear.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Dr. Diags rules!!! :th2thumbs:
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Totally agree. :sarcasm_on: But you have to understand where these people come from. The way it works is the harder the more people believe the likelier it is to happening. So when you raise concerns about the next game it will be YOUR fault if the Seahawks loose....... :sarcasm_off:
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• I'm with clink.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie

• If I wanted to read pure homers blinded by emotion Id just go to espn.This is the most objective board Ive seen so far.Its what makes it enjoyable over a long period.Reading Rah Rah fiction makes me move on in a hurry.
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

• All i know is it's the second round of the playoffs, there are no more bad teams... i predicted a squeaker victory by the Hawks... hopefully that happens.. all i know is there will be two teams on that field sunday giving it everything they got for 4 qtrs... it will be war, as it should be..

Go Hawks!!!!!1
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• It's why I chose to be honest in my Fearless Prediction this week. I could have very easily rode the wave of Seahawk-itis that the entire city and fanbase is feeling, but we diehards do that no matter what time of the year it is any ways. Of course it's easy and fun to get caught up in the ride. It's part of what makes being a diehard so damn rewarding in the first place. Like that old ESPN commercial says..."So when success finally does come, you can say you were there all along." Or something to that effect.

Yet I wanted to be honest about how I was feeling. It could have been very easy to predict a win, but I wanted to be honest about it, nothing more, nothing less.

I agree that it's one of the many things that makes NET the most special football forum community I've ever seen on the Internet. We have our share of raw emotions and things we say in the heat of the moment but there's a lot of people in this community who try to be honest and as unbiased as they possibly can be, even when every bone in their body wants to shout...

OH SCREW THAT! WE'RE GOING TO SMOKE YOU LOSERS RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN STADIUM!!!

I still feel that we can just as easily win as we can lose this game. Either way, I'm not any less of a diehard Seahawks fan for feeling that way nor is anyone else if they too feel that way.

I won't lie though, I am feeling more and more confident as the game gets closer. :16:

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Come on guys, don't bother the "real" Seahawks fans with your objective view of the game. I used DVOA to prove that the Seahawks will win one billion to zero.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• I shit swag and distill vodka from the tears of starving children. Don't talk to me about practice.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• T-Sizzle wrote:Reading the message board here is depressing this week. The majority of people picking the Falcons. Im glad this team isn't a reflection of the fan majority or we would have lost the game already.

<------------- :141847_bnono:

What majority?

I think you mean the 'vocal minority'.

The majority is ready to rumble, and fully support our team.

EDIT - Oops - Reading my post, I realized how I may sound - that picking against our team means not 'supporting' them.
    Sorry.
    Last edited by Riley12 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Riley12
    * NET Recluse *
    * NET Recluse *

• Every opponent is worth respecting in the NFL, especially in the second round of the playoffs.

Honestly, I've loved the board this week, its been as calm and rational as I've ever seen it. I'm sure it could be just a come down from the manic hysteric hyperbole and chest thumping that emanated from this board last week before the Skins game, but it seems like there is a lot of objective, fair analysis going on.

And objective, fair analysis says that when you play the number one seed in the conference, with a damn good quarterback, in their house, and they've been sittin and resting and waiting to avenge three years of playoff embarassment, you've got every right to be concerned.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• I, for one, am missing Peaches, "You. Have. No. Chance ." Statements prior to the skins game. Gave me a little more confidence.....
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• I have no problem believing this game is Buffalo part deuce.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

• The more film I watch of the Falcons, the more and more confident I become in the Seahawks to win this thing.

And it's not a knock on the Falcons, I just think we match up so well with them it's hard not to feel good about it
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• I got swag.... just got my new dangeruss home jersey in the mail, and I've been rockin it in the texas panhandle with pretty good reviews.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• So I don't understand, is it I'm not a fan if I root for a Seahawks win, or if I stay objective and admit they could lose? Or do I loose cred if I get crazy ra ra?

I'm just going to stick with I'm a fan because I'm a fan. I guess I could see it either way, but I like getting crazy on game day, that will never change. Maybe I could use .Net for my objectivity and something else for when I want to get insan-o crazy on game day. Screw that, I like this board, I don't want to post anywhere else. You guys are just going to have to deal with insan-o on Sunday.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• I am on vacation down here in Vegas rockin the hawks hear. Hear a ton of "Go Hawks!" And random high 5's from strangers!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• I agree completely with Aros' sentiments. If this game was in Seattle I'm sure everyone would feel super confident about a seahawks win. All that stands in our way is that this game is in Atlanta. If we can get past that, we win. Plain and simple. We're a better and hotter team. Atlanta could've beaten us in the first half of the season. Not right now...
    soxhawk
    NET Rookie

• What is swag and where do I get it?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• -The Glove- wrote:What is swag and where do I get it?

I believe you can only get it at TANZANIA!!!
    soxhawk
    NET Rookie

• Zebulon Dak wrote:I shit swag and distill vodka from the tears of starving children. Don't talk to me about practice.

Thats funny because I like to marinate my swaggg in niners tears and then put it in paper bags and set them on fire on old man Gonzalez's front porch...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:A few thoughts:

1. Having realistic expectations does not make you any less of a fan (I picked a close Hawk win but I know we very well may lose)

2. Fan attitudes on internet message boards have no bearing on the teams' performance

3. The Falcons are a good team, worthy of respect. There is just no way around that fact.

4. Go Hawks!

13-3 isn't THAT much better than 12-5, where one would simply assume that the former team is superior, particularly when the former team had, statistically speaking, the easiest schedule in the entire league. All teams in the playoffs are "good teams, worthy of respect". That's not the issue. The issue is the "OMG, OMG, it's 13-3 Atlanta!!!! Help!!!" mentality. But that's the attitude that lots of Seattle fans have ingrained into them and that's been the case for many many years. Well, some of us are sick of it, and particularly sick of having that attitude presented as "realistic". How is it more "realistic" to assume a loss in this case? Of course the Seahawks could lose. But guess what, they could also win. And the latter outcome isn't far fetched or even less "realistic".

That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.
    Escamillo
    NET Rookie

• That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.[/quote]

I approve of this statement! :stirthepot:
    lacenterhawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• Man see what happens when the Redskins stop trolling the boards. We start turning on each other. Does anyone on this board REALLY care about how a fellow fan frets or celebrates. It all balances out.

Fretters: Fretters (including myself) bring sober thinking to the game. They give everyone something to think about and more importantly debate as the week goes on. Without the fretting, the thinking this whole board would be a high five circle. And that just gets boring.

Fanners: Cheerleaders (including myself) help the fretter's get jacked up. Who cares about thier laser guided bunker buster stats, their out of control hijinks. They are the folks you want on Sunday getting you pumped up for the game.

Remember younger fans, think about going 30 years without ANY post season success. You think 2005 to now is long? There is a reason the long lived Seattle fan is so... Grumpy Smurf... they have had their hopes dashed in every possible horrible way. They are litterally waiting for the other shoe to drop. So don't go telling them they aren't being good fans, you may not know how long they have been suffering, the are trying to soften a blow. What you can do is help getting them jacked up.

And all you Grumpy Smurfs, don't squash the younger generation's crazy fandom, we don't need to put all our horrible Seahawks history on them. Feed off the optimism, warrented or not.

Or do whatever you want, it's none of my damn business.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

• Escamillo wrote:That's my only problem with some of the predictions I've read of a loss, the idea that those predicting a loss are "realistic" while the others are blind homers or whatever. Those who want to predict a loss and present arguments for it, go for it, but just save the "I'm being realistic" part, since it suggests that you're basing your prediction on reality while those predicting the opposite are basing their predictions on fantasy.

:13: :13: :13: :13:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

• Bravo, Shock2K, that was very level headed.

Is it Sunday yet??!!
    GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

And I'm afraid for the Hawks in this game.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Whether you are picking a victory or a loss, I look to see what type of extra stuff you add to explain your reasoning and if in either case, it isn't just based on an emotional high or low I think both are worthy.

I am glad to see a variety of predictions. From this point forward, I see 8 good football teams that can win their games if they do things in their favor.

I am confident in the Seahawks as long as they don't let themselves fall behind similar as they did in DC, I see a very close victory.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

• Throwdown wrote:Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

For the record, I got the most swag on this board! I don't care what Zeb and dunce say, I'm the swaggiest on .NET!

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• dunceface wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:Dude with a name like T-Sizzle talking about people being swaggerless? what planet am I on?

Well when you use words like 'swaggiest' there is no contest :cry:

Swag masters such as myself make up our own words, I could teach you my ways if you'd like.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• But I think we're gonna win...is that still okay?
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Well, I mean... yeah?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• It's as 'realistic' to say the Hawks could win as it is to say the Falcons will. One team is a very good team that's playing at home. The other is a team that continues to prove doubters wrong week after week.

Just as the 'realistic' group is implying that the fans predicting a Seahawk win must be somehow biased by calling them 'homers,' the same can be said about the 'realistic' crowd...the difference being the ones being 'real' are biased in the other direction. Let me offer an opinion that the cause of this bias is 36 years of programming. Decades of mediocrity has conditioned many of us long-time fans to expect that the team will somehow fall short. The question is how long will it take to de-program?

How many times does this team need to prove itself to us? By all weights and measures, this is not your daddy's team and it's certainly not the 'some old......' I won't finish the phrase because it doesn't belong in the same breath when speaking of what Pete and John have assembled.

I can appeciate how the paradigm remains stubbornly burned into one's psyche, but can we shift that just a bit for the playoffs? All of this hedging against a possible emotional crash is not what this team needs from us right now. They're in the playoffs, and this young bunch of 'go getters' are 'all-in.' Why not err in favor of your team while also acknowledging the very real possibility that Altanta could win?

I've been a fan since 1976, but I'm gonna muster enough belief to put it out there for these guys. They've accomplished enough to earn that much from me.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Seahwkgal wrote:Dr. Diags rules!!! :th2thumbs:

:13:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Afraid and swag cannot coexist. Pick one, young buck.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• My brotha, fear is emotion, swag you're born with they can coexist, my brotha
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Missing_Clink wrote:A few thoughts:

4. Go Hawks!

All of these. Especially 4.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information