Game not sold out???

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 am
  • Wow. Heard there were still like 6,000 tickets left.

woulda been sold out in seattle in minutes....

hope we win, that sort of fan base doesn't deserve to be rewarded by moving on.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Re: Game not sold out???
Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am
  • That number keeps getting larger every time I hear it. (It was 3000 yesterday.) Will it be over 9000(!) tomorrow?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 am
  • just what I heard on the radio this morning.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am
  • No worries. I'm not blaming you. I don't think anyone really knows so the number gets getting bigger and bigger.

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:29 am
  • Makes sense. Fans don't want to pay that much dough to see their team knocked outta the playoffs for the fourth time in a row. :P
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:31 am
  • Atlanta's a terrible sports town, other than the few years where Vick was the MAN and the Braves were really good they've never supported their teams.

Not surprising that they can't even sell out a playoff game.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am
  • Good, fill them ALL with 12's. Get your checkbooks/savings/credit cards out, buy plane tickets, buy a hotel room, arrange a rental car, snatch a game ticket up, pack your best jersey and get down here!!! There's already alot of us join the party!

Do it NOW what are you waiting for?
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:39 am
  • Even when the Braves were good, there were still years when they didn't sell out games. Atlanta - Worst Sports Town in America? Top 5 at least.
    SirTed
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am
  • Problem with Atlanta is its a huge transit town. Lots of transplants there.. as a result, their sports teams suffer.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 am
  • SirTed wrote:Even when the Braves were good, there were still years when they didn't sell out games. Atlanta - Worst Sports Town in America? Top 5 at least.

Worst sports town in America? far from it. Worst "Professional" sports town in America? You wouldn't be far off. Atlanta is a "what have you done for me lately" kinda town when it comes to professional sports. We have sold out all Falcon games for years but we are still late getting all the tickets sold. Even late getting people in the seats. It doesn't help that Atlanta is basically a transit town either. When it comes to college sports though there are few towns more passionate.

That being said I'm not a college sport fan. I do my part though, season ticket holder going on 7 years now.
    Exar0s
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:49 am
  • Exar0s wrote:
    That being said I'm not a college sport fan. I do my part though, season ticket holder going on 7 years now.

Good for you. IMO the Falcons are one of the most exciting teams to watch, I wouldn't hesitate to get season tix if I lived there.

The transient argument is valid. I'd venture to guess a good portion of the upwardly mobile income earning people that could afford expensive season tickets aren't from Atlanta........therefore don't feel any sort of allegiance to Atlanta teams.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 am
  • The game is sold out, these comments are referring to tickets on secondary markets. Granted, they have the most available tickets on secondary markets of any of the home playoff teams.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 am
  • How much of it has to do with the economy? I have to imagine that the Seattle area's probably weathered the ups and downs better than Atlanta, but it still seems like they'd be able to sell out a second round playoff game.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 am
  • pathetic
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:59 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:That number keeps getting larger every time I hear it. (It was 3000 yesterday.) Will it be over 9000(!) tomorrow?

You can check yourself on NFL Ticket Exchange, it says how many remaining tickets there are for every game. It was 9,000 a couple days ago. Fact. Saw it with my own eyes.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:11 am
  • That's it, I'm heading east...
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine

Remembering "The Radish" :les:
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am
  • HawksFTW wrote:The game is sold out, these comments are referring to tickets on secondary markets. Granted, they have the most available tickets on secondary markets of any of the home playoff teams.

It's what 's available thru Stubhub.
    seahawksfan4ever
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 am
  • seahawksfan4ever wrote:
    HawksFTW wrote:The game is sold out, these comments are referring to tickets on secondary markets. Granted, they have the most available tickets on secondary markets of any of the home playoff teams.

It's what 's available thru Stubhub.

I get that. Stubhub is one of many secondary markets, like NFL Ticket Exchange, individual resellers, or other ticket brokers. All of these tickets are purchased originally through the team (via Ticketmaster), and those are the numbers that are looked at when determining whether or not a game is "sold out" or not. Selling out does not mean there is an ass in every seat.
    cboom wrote:Wilson is the worst QB I have seen as a Hawks fan. And I have been around long enough to see them all.
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:36 pm
  • did you even check your own tickets when the saints came up there? but I have a few saints freinds who got tickets easily the day before the game and got to all seat together.

they got it through stub hub. stub hub is when you buy a ticket and resale it.

so [u]all these tickets are resales[/u] it is not what has not sold. tickets were sold out the first day it was offered to the public.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:That number keeps getting larger every time I hear it. (It was 3000 yesterday.) Will it be over 9000(!) tomorrow?

You can check yourself on NFL Ticket Exchange, it says how many remaining tickets there are for every game. It was 9,000 a couple days ago. Fact. Saw it with my own eyes.

Given that these are second hand tickets, it actually makes sense the number will fluctuate quite a bit. Forgot about the secondary market. *derp*

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:40 pm
  • tickets on stubhub doesn't mean the game is not sold out. It could be that ticket holders are going to go to the game but are willing to give up their seat for the right price, or that a lot of tickets got bought up by scalpers, etc...
    edogg23
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:45 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Exar0s wrote:

Good for you. IMO the Falcons are one of the most exciting teams to watch, I wouldn't hesitate to get season tix if I lived there.

The transient argument is valid. I'd venture to guess a good portion of the upwardly mobile income earning people that could afford expensive season tickets aren't from Atlanta........therefore don't feel any sort of allegiance to Atlanta teams.

awww don't be all butt hurt making stuff up cause like we are the worst fans in the world. gator field to seminoles field have problems with just getting college students to go to games.
    the marlins stadium is a joke.

tampa bay stadium has been blacked out over and over again, they were even blacked out when they went to the superbowl......yet we are the worst fans to you. LOL silly gator fan.

and man how did you let a ranked 21 Louisville beat you? not only beat you but embaraced you. man you and auburn put shame to the SEC. wish we could have traded you for texas A&M and mizz....but no no no, we have to suffer every year.

so yeah anyhow what were you saying about Georgia?
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 pm
  • Sgt. Largent is a Gator fan?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Fibonacci wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Exar0s wrote:

awww don't be all butt hurt making stuff up cause like we are the worst fans in the world. gator field to seminoles field have problems with just getting college students to go to games.

tampa bay stadium has been blacked out over and over again, they were even blacked out when they went to the superbowl......yet we are the worst fans to you. LOL silly gator fan.

and man how did you let a ranked 21 Louisville beat you? not only beat you but embaraced you. man you and auburn put shame to the SEC. wish we could have traded you for texas A&M and mizz....but no no no, we have to suffer every year.

You aren't the sharpest pencil in the box are you?
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

• CANHawk wrote:Sgt. Largent is a Gator fan?

according to his avatar
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm
  • Fibonacci wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:Sgt. Largent is a Gator fan?

according to his avatar

That avatar is making fun of Tim Tebow.

The press all up on his junk and whatnot.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Fibonacci wrote:

according to his avatar

haha.
    That was a hell of a rant you went on though. I think if you look closer you may discover some criminal activity in that avatar.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:56 pm
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    Fibonacci wrote:

according to his avatar

haha.
    That was a hell of a rant you went on though. I think if you look closer you may discover some criminal activity in that avatar.

Yes it was, I was reading it and wondering why in the hell the dude was going off on Florida.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 pm
  • haha.
    [/quote]

Yes it was, I was reading it and wondering why in the hell the dude was going off on Florida.[/quote][/quote]
    well I am a Georgia fan. and he put down Georgia saying we were the worst fans.

sorry just cannot stand swamp people ignorance. I am sure you had to deal with swamp idiots when the taints came to play you in the playoffs.
    Fibonacci
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:04 pm
  • Fibonacci wrote:
    haha.

Yes it was, I was reading it and wondering why in the hell the dude was going off on Florida.[/quote][/quote]
    well I am a Georgia fan. and he put down Georgia saying we were the worst fans.

sorry just cannot stand swamp people ignorance. I am sure you had to deal with swamp idiots when the taints came to play you in the playoffs.[/quote]

And yet it still escapes your comprehension.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.

Yes. I am not happy so much. I am too seriously! .. Kap is not a great leader period!! Hurt my heart and s**t my painfully. ..
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 pm
  • Fibonacci wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Exar0s wrote:

Wow, I thought I was giving the Falcon fan a compliment. Guess not.

Guess you saw my avatar and blacked out or something without reading what I actually wrote. I live here, I grew up here and I hate Tim Tebow, thus my avatar.........and that kids is the story of Christmas.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 pm
  • This happens with lots of playoff games. Redskins fans probably bought a bunch of tickets and then realized it wouldn't pan out. :D

Also, Fibonacci, you're really giving us a bit of a bad name over here. Just saying.
    Falcan Moore
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 pm
  • Falcan Moore wrote:This happens with lots of playoff games. Redskins fans probably bought a bunch of tickets and then realized it wouldn't pan out. :D

We don't have that problem because A) nobody just "drives down to Seattle" to take in a game (it's like hella far from everything except Canada) and B) if Seattle has a home playoff game, the place is going to be filled with Seahawks fans.

Falcan Moore wrote: Also, Fibonacci, you're really giving us a bit of a bad name over here. Just saying.

Lol
    Last edited by CANHawk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:21 pm
  • Ah you can't use freakin StubHub as a barometer for how many tickets are available.. unfortunately these days ticket scalpers/dealers scoop up giant lots of tickets and then stick it to the consumer. Happens with EVERY major sporting event in the country now.. it's not Falcon fans fault.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 pm
  • CANHawk wrote:We don't have that problem because A) nobody just "drives down to Seattle" to take in a game (it's like hella far from everything except Canada) and B) if Seattle has a home playoff game, the place is going to be filled with Seahawks fans.

Eventually, yes, the majority of the people buying these tickets are fans of the home team.. but Seahawk games have just as many scalped seats available for any given Sunday as the Falcons.

When I went to the MNF game, we bought our tickets off Stubhub.. and there were plenty available, you just had to pay 2-3x more than face value for them.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 pm
  • Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...

Smaller stadium. We have a higher percentage. Learn how to read stats.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...

LOL, I guess we could stack fans two high in every seat? 67,000 is capacity for Century Link.

........and the fact that there are 5,000 - 10,000 tickets available for resale should tell you everything you need to know about how loyal the fans are in Atlanta. "Hmm, should I go support my team? Or make $50 a ticket on StubHub?"
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm
  • there were still tickets available on ticketmaster 2hrs ago with plenty in pairs not just singles...

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...

I said numbers not percentages. Learn how to read.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:10 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale. If you look at attendance numbers were ranked ahead of you guys. What a terrible fanbase...

Well, then your point made zero sense.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:13 pm
  • pinksheets wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:Wow. It's sold out. Those are tickets for resale.

Well, then your point made zero sense.

I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Dirty Bird wrote:I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good on the Falcons for having attendance numbers that the Seahawks CAN'T PHYSICALLY HAVE. We don't go below capacity, though. Any seats you open up, there will be a Seahawk fan there to fill it. You can't say the same about the Falcons or Atlanta professional sports in general, hence the city's reputation in that regard.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 pm

1. We'll see if you can figure out why I quoted this.

2. Don't show up to our board and start shit talking our members because your post didn't work out for you.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:18 pm

You're
    White Devil
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Wait...do you actually think that fact that your team's stadium holds more people than Century Link Field is MORE relevant than the percentage of seats filled?
    HawksFTW
    * NET E-Knight *

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm
  • AbsolutNET wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.

1. We'll see if you can figure out why I quoted this.

2. Don't show up to our board and start shit talking our members because your post didn't work out for you.

The intention wasn't to talk smack until dude came at me disrespectful saying I don't know how to read stats.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:24 pm
  • HawksFTW wrote:
    Dirty Bird wrote:I have a hard time believing your this ignorant.

Wait...do you actually think that fact that your team's stadium holds more people than Century Link Field is MORE relevant than the percentage of seats filled?

No, just pointing it out.
    Dirty Bird
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:25 pm
  • Game is still not sold out.. tickets available on Ticketmaster as of 425pm CST

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E004 ... norcatid=8
    Last edited by Barthawk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 pm
  • That attendance statistic shows people really don't like watching our team outside the territory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/awayPct

Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information