10:00 Game Day Routines

Status
Not open for further replies.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Meedsy":pwabgej4 said:
This thread is really making me chuckle to myself. It really isn't that hard to grasp :shock:

Just out of curiousity Meedsy, what time is the game on your side of the world? And/or are you falling into the sky too?

Coxal

Reaction score
It will be 7PM here in France :D

Primetime game (8.30PM) is 2.30AM for me and finish at around 5.30AM... Always have a hard time on Monday morning with 3 hours of sleep.

Hate my country.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Coxal":27bhz1ey said:
It will be 7PM here in France :D

Primetime game (8.30PM) is 2.30AM for me and finish at around 5.30AM... Always have a hard time on Monday morning with 3 hours of sleep.

Hate my country.

Well obviously you're a SOLDIER and we appreciate you're fandom.

AirForceSeahawk

Reaction score
In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30 p.m. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

JonRud

Reaction score
This week's game kicks off on Sunday 9pm local time in Tanzania. They are 8 hours ahead of the East Coast.

I wonder if there will be even 1 person in Tanzania watching the game.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The NFL has actually admitted this is a problem and has promised to address it. For those of you saying it's a joke and yadda yadda... athletes are on a very particular schedule, and it shows in west coast teams playing the 10 AM Pacific time games on the east coast. Sando actually did a lot of work showing that west coast teams did more poorly on the east coast, than vice-versa. What's the difference? They both travel the same distance. The big issue is time.

The east coast teams were able to throw a fit last year and the NFL changed scheduling for the benefit of east coast teams (specifically the Giants) who didn't feel it was fair to have to travel west 2 out of 3 weeks, because of jet lag. However, in the playoffs of all things, they have the Hawks travel east two weeks in a row (which was unavoidable due to seeding), but the NFL could have made a deal with the broadcasters that in such a situation the team traveling across the country would get a few extra hours. Instead, since it is the "least important" game, then it gets the worst time slot. In a situation like the NFL discussed doing for west coast teams (and hasn't implemented yet) they could basically 'flex' a game that didn't make much sense and the broadcasters would be damned and have to accept it.

There was even a discussion (the first one that I really was on Roger's side for) that no west coast team would ever play the 10 AM game when going east. They would set the schedule up so the west coast team was always playing at their normal time, and it was later on the east coast. 10 AM pacific games, would be set aside for east coast teams playing east coast teams, or east coast playing teams in the central time zone. People have shown how the schedule would work fine while doing so. The NFL is in such a power position that they no longer need to force games into early broadcast slots during the regular season. There is coverage and fans are happy to watch games later in the day as they draw better ratings the later in the day they take place.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":5vtv3t4r said:
In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30 p.m. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

No, no it wasn't.

The win in Chicago in 2011 was a 10 AM PST kickoff.

As was the win over the Giants in New York in 2011.

And at Chicago in 2010.

There were certainly no 10 AM PST wins in 2009 or 2008, but then, there were precious few wins at any time of day in those seasons.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
SharkHawk":amutpyj9 said:
The NFL has actually admitted this is a problem and has promised to address it. For those of you saying it's a joke and yadda yadda... athletes are on a very particular schedule, and it shows in west coast teams playing the 10 AM Pacific time games on the east coast. Sando actually did a lot of work showing that west coast teams did more poorly on the east coast, than vice-versa. What's the difference? They both travel the same distance. The big issue is time.

The east coast teams were able to throw a fit last year and the NFL changed scheduling for the benefit of east coast teams (specifically the Giants) who didn't feel it was fair to have to travel west 2 out of 3 weeks, because of jet lag. However, in the playoffs of all things, they have the Hawks travel east two weeks in a row (which was unavoidable due to seeding), but the NFL could have made a deal with the broadcasters that in such a situation the team traveling across the country would get a few extra hours. Instead, since it is the "least important" game, then it gets the worst time slot. In a situation like the NFL discussed doing for west coast teams (and hasn't implemented yet) they could basically 'flex' a game that didn't make much sense and the broadcasters would be damned and have to accept it.

There was even a discussion (the first one that I really was on Roger's side for) that no west coast team would ever play the 10 AM game when going east. They would set the schedule up so the west coast team was always playing at their normal time, and it was later on the east coast. 10 AM pacific games, would be set aside for east coast teams playing east coast teams, or east coast playing teams in the central time zone. People have shown how the schedule would work fine while doing so. The NFL is in such a power position that they no longer need to force games into early broadcast slots during the regular season. There is coverage and fans are happy to watch games later in the day as they draw better ratings the later in the day they take place.

Standby to be told by Roland that "jetlag" is psychosomatic and that people who "suffer" from it are wimps and hypochondriacs.

I agree with everything you say and the NFL should try and rectify the situation if you ask me.

Coxal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ro4tnink said:
most other people hate your country, too.

Ha! I'm kidding. No, I....I quite like France...

:p seriously you right, most other people hate my country!! especially in the US but I really dont know why? Is this politic stuff?

Do not hate me .NET nation, i'm a proud Seahawks fan and I killed thousand of frenchies to live near the hawk nest :twisted: :stirthepot:

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
Thank god for east coast bias. I would hate to have to get up and ready and awake for a 10AM game.

Although..that would lessen the time that I spend normally from (10am-12:30pm) pacing the house looking for ways to keep before until 1pm kick-off.

When I was in Hawaii...the 3pm kickoffs for Monday NIGHT Football BLEW MY MIND!!!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'll believe changes when I see them. Goodell has done nothing at all to assure me any changes to level the east/west playing field will ever happen.

This game, the Seahawks are staying away from the city in a secluded hotel. No distractions. I like it.

Bill Wixey/ Q13 Fox ‏@BillWixey
#Seahawks arrive in #Atlanta tomorrow, staying at Stone Mtn Ctr. Spacious, Scenic, secluded. 30 mi from ATL. #GoHawks

BAQd VTCMAAmBlt

SharkHawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1dppca9x said:
SharkHawk":1dppca9x said:

Standby to be told by Roland that "jetlag" is psychosomatic and that people who "suffer" from it are wimps and hypochondriacs.

I agree with everything you say and the NFL should try and rectify the situation if you ask me.

I could care less.... because I only mentioned jet-lag as the excuse that east coast teams used for their complaint about having to travel to the west. The NFL used that reasoning for changing the way they schedule east coast teams having to travel to the west.

I have traveled the world and since I am an insomniac I didn't experience anything I'd call "jet-lag". What I did experience was confusion about my daily routines, and would have difficulty with things such as my "quiet time" which I am used to having from 9 PM to 5 AM since that is when my family sleeps. When I am looking for "quiet time" and it is the middle of the day and I've got to go get something to eat because that's when places are open then it throws me off. Psychosomatic or not, I could care less. It doesn't mean I don't experience it. A psychosomatic response or a genuine organic response can still have the same impact on a human body. It seemed to in the case of the Giants, hence their whining and a change taking place to NFL scheduling.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2vsbn8x8 said:
I'll believe changes when I see them. Goodell has done nothing at all to assure me any changes to level the east/west playing field will ever happen.

This game, the Seahawks are staying away from the city in a secluded hotel. No distractions. I like it.

Bill Wixey/ Q13 Fox ‏@BillWixey
#Seahawks arrive in #Atlanta tomorrow, staying at Stone Mtn Ctr. Spacious, Scenic, secluded. 30 mi from ATL. #GoHawks
index.php
BAQd VTCMAAmBlt

Really glad to see this. I want the team to focus and keeping them secluded should facilitate that. Likely the only entertainment they'll have is film breakdown when Wilson's in the room.

hawker84

Reaction score
i will be up in the space station for the weekend and just plan on zooming the big picture taking thingy onto the field and watching it that way, so do i need to do this at 10am or 1pm, and if it's 10am on the W coast and 1pm on the E Coast what time is it in ozone time.. any help on this would be appreciated..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
According to NASA it's EST. That is why they always say the moon landing happened on July 20th rather than July 21st, which it actually did. If anything, I'd think space would be going off of Greenwich mean time. I get snippy about that because my birthday is July 21st. My brother was born on July 31st 1969, and I always say he was born ten days after the moon landing, and people say "Oh, so his birthday is on the 30th?" Then they get a lecture, it gets better when I say I was born 4 years to the day after man walked on the moon and they then say that my b-day is July 20th 1973. SOB's! ;)

Coxal

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":29cjynz6 said:
Coxal":29cjynz6 said:
peachesenregalia":29cjynz6 said:
Je ne sais pas. Les Etats unis sont fou.

Viva la France!
:thirishdrinkers: Excellent mon ami !!

Merci. Ma Français est mal, je suis desolé.

C'est ma plaisir!
I'm sure your french is better than my english! Anyway I perfeclty understand you :) just one little mistake it's "mon" and not "ma". In french, possession is different between male and female words.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
falcongoggles":1faba29h said:

SharkHawk":1faba29h said:
I could care less.... because I only mentioned jet-lag as the excuse that east coast teams used for their complaint about having to travel to the west. The NFL used that reasoning for changing the way they schedule east coast teams having to travel to the west.

I have traveled the world and since I am an insomniac I didn't experience anything I'd call "jet-lag". What I did experience was confusion about my daily routines, and would have difficulty with things such as my "quiet time" which I am used to having from 9 PM to 5 AM since that is when my family sleeps. When I am looking for "quiet time" and it is the middle of the day and I've got to go get something to eat because that's when places are open then it throws me off. Psychosomatic or not, I could care less. It doesn't mean I don't experience it. A psychosomatic response or a genuine organic response can still have the same impact on a human body. It seemed to in the case of the Giants, hence their whining and a change taking place to NFL scheduling.

I specifically said, multiple times, it's psychosomatic for travel within the continental United States. What don't you understand about that, Falcon? Are you incapable of reading English efficiently? Perhaps you have some petulant ill will from the PWR boiling over here? Shark's sitting here talking about world travel; completely different. If you're crossing 8 time zones or something, then jet lag totally exists and is a real factor no matter what. COMPLETELY different from crossing a measly 3 hours.

Man, some people love to be obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts