James Harrison

Slick

Reaction score
Nope. Over the hill asshole ex-Stealer. That dude would not mentor anyone except in how to be a dissident prick IMHO.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":2btb82wn said:
No. Please, no.

Arguably the dirtiest player in the NFL over the last 10 years who is now 34. Sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Whatttttt

when Hawk fans love Dockett and Suh in a seahawk uniform?

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Slick":3vmjpx32 said:
Nope. Over the hill asshole ex-Stealer. That dude would not mentor anyone except in how to be a dissident prick IMHO.

And Sherman is acting like a prick also so............

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":38q30obj said:
Sarlacc83":38q30obj said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":38q30obj said:
Really?? Give me a break. It's not the best idea on .NET, but saying it's one of the worst is laughable. Do I think he could come in as an every down player? No, and I said as much in my original post. But he fits the intimidating and physical mentality and style of this team's play, and despite his age would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill (did you watch him play this year?) I stand by what I originally wrote.

There's a difference between Vince Young and James Harrison. Young is a total head case that cannot play quality football anymore. Harrison is a psycho but still plays good football the majority of the time.

No he doesn't. He fits the mold of dumb brick being hurled at someone else's head. He's also part of a 3-4 defense so he's not a schematic fit. You can stand by it, but you might as well suggest we sign Ben Roethlisberger, too. When it comes to hated Steelers, Harrison is one of the worst.

So then regardless of whether or not they're a player that would help improve our team (Harrison aside, this is a separate issue) you would not take a Steeler on this team next year simply from principle? What about Mike Wallace?

Note how I said hated Steelers. Wallace doesn't fall into that category because A) He's a genuinely good young player and more importantly B) he wasn't around for super sham XL.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1cjx2u8n said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1cjx2u8n said:
So then regardless of whether or not they're a player that would help improve our team (Harrison aside, this is a separate issue) you would not take a Steeler on this team next year simply from principle? What about Mike Wallace?

Note how I said hated Steelers. Wallace doesn't fall into that category because A) He's a genuinely good young player and more importantly B) he wasn't around for super sham XL.

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, and will for the rest of my life. Much of it stems from Super Bowl XL and how that went down. However, I also realize this hated is almost completely unreasonable. The Steelers did not talk a lot of trash leading up to the Super Bowl, nor did they afterwards. They weren't dirty during that game. They took advantage of an "unfair" situation and won the game as a result. I know that my hatred should be more towards the ref crew that was in the stadium that day. Not the players that were on the field.

Since then I have learned to hate Rapistberger for new reasons, like he's one of the worst humans on the planet. However, to say that you would not take a player from the Steelers Super Bowl XL team if they were still a good player and would upgrade the Hawks, simply because they were a member of that team is just ******* stupid.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1840h7pc said:
Sarlacc83":1840h7pc said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1840h7pc said:

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody, and will for the rest of my life. Much of it stems from Super Bowl XL and how that went down. However, I also realize this hated is almost completely unreasonable. The Steelers did not talk a lot of trash leading up to the Super Bowl, nor did they afterwards. They weren't dirty during that game. They took advantage of an "unfair" situation and won the game as a result. I know that my hatred should be more towards the ref crew that was in the stadium that day. Not the players that were on the field.

Since then I have learned to hate Rapistberger for new reasons, like he's one of the worst humans on the planet. However, to say that you would not take a player from the Steelers Super Bowl XL team if they were still a good player and would upgrade the Hawks, simply because they were a member of that team is just ******* stupid.

The only person saying stupid things is the person suggesting Harrison would be an upgrade on this team for the reason I already mentioned. He's not a scheme fit. And he's old. Give it up. You knew you were going to get flak for this and now you're getting all pissy when you got what you expected (because you knew it was a bad idea in the first place.)

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1vbpz4c4 said:
The only person saying stupid things is the person suggesting Harrison would be an upgrade on this team for the reason I already mentioned. He's not a scheme fit. And he's old. Give it up. You knew you were going to get flak for this and now you're getting all pissy when you got what you expected (because you knew it was a bad idea in the first place.)

Wrong, I still think that he would be an upgrade over an obviously slowed Leroy Hill. Are there better options out there, yes obviously there are. However I would still take Harrison on this team for a two year deal.

I'm not getting pissy because people disagree with my stance on Harrison. That's fine. I'm calling you out on your ridiculous idea that you wouldn't take a former Steelers player on principle because they played in Super Bowl XL. The argument has changed from my OP. Cheers.

Latest posts