Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)

Ozzy

Reaction score
Somewhat surprised by the initial prediction although I respect it. Looking at this game on paper it favors the Seahawks. Seattle compares favorably at every position outside of wide receiver and that just happens to go against our strongest unit on the other side of the ball. The loss of Clemens doesn't scare me as Atlanta just doesn't run like they used to. I also think KJ, BW etc. do a good job against slow bruising backs. Seahawks control the clock, Wilson is efficient and the defense continues to keep teams under 20 pts like they've done all year.

Seattle 27-14.

Feel better about this one than I did last week for what its worth.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Due to the Dirty Birds need to adjust to the Hawks speed on D and a little bye week rust I think the Hawks are up 14-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. From then on it’s a race to the finish with neither team truly being able to shut down the others O.

Hawks - 35
Dirty Birds – 27

Bonus Prediction – RW has another 3 rushing TD game.

Fox0r

Reaction score
You pessimistic bastards.

The Hawks are going into the Georgia Dome to skin some Falcan'ts.

Hawks 28
Falcons 17

djb28

Reaction score
It is only 10 am for you guys watching at home. The team is there a day early and will be playing at 1 pm.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
The Falcons averaged 26 points per game against the easiest defensive schedule in the NFL. What the hell makes anyone think they will drop the first 30 burger of the year on the Seahawks? Atlanta averaged playing against the Buffalo Bills defense...look it up on FO. THEY HAVE NO RUNNING GAME! Arizona held them to 23 points without the benefit of an offense to hold the ball. Atlanta's offense is not epic. The Patriots offense is epic, they average 35 points per game.

"Stay humble, we're suppose to be here!"

Seattle 27
Atlanta 17

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Picking against your favorite team in the playoffs. :141847_bnono:

Bakergirl

Reaction score
I think this team is ready to get the 10am road monkey off of their backs. I think they are going to play this playoff game like it's the super bowl. Seahawks 30 Falcons 17.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Gonna' be an incredible battle, should be high scoring. I think our ability to run the rock all day will be the difference.

Hawks 27-24

treefidy

Reaction score
I feel like a lot of Seattle fans are using early victories against Green Bay and New England as to why you will be able to stop a prolific Falcons offense. Claiming to have stopped better offenses. Keep in mind, Green Bay started the Season 2-2 and New England 3-3. Much like the Seahawks, they started slow and the strung off a mass amount of wins in a row.

Turner had almost 100 less carries this season, than last. Last season we had a non existent screen game in which our OC (current head coach of the 2-14 Jacksonville Jaguars) said publicly multiple times, we did not have the personal for a screen game. As if that isn't damaging in any way. The same personal this season leads the league in screen passes. The screen game is part of the running game excuse. It serves the EXACT same purpose as the running game. Keeps the D honest and forces more into the box. We don't just use Jaquizz Rodgers in the screen game. We use Rodgers and Snelling, and even Julio, Roddy and Turner. Yes, Turner.

Our offense has played some of the best passing defenses in the league and came out way over their season averages allowed. Hence, we won those games. I don't see the season average thing being any different.

I am also very interested in the Detroit and Miami games, in which most Seattle fans are claiming you just flat out laid eggs in the 4th quarter on the defensive side of the ball. I'm pretty sure the Bears fans can say the same thing in defense of your OT win vs them this season. However, what I see in both of these games is that you blanketed their best receivers. Calvin Johnson only having 50 yards and Hartline only having 17. What happened in these games? Well their other receivers, who are talented, but far less talented than Jones or White, and Douglas/Gonzales, went off. Titus Young and Davone Bess had career days putting up 100 and 129 yards. Pettigrew and Clay also had their best games of the season putting up 78 and 84 yards.

With Clemons out, and Atlanta putting pressure on his replacement (who I know has 8 sacks) by running to his side, and lead blocking him behind the play, I don't see your D getting much pressure on Ryan. If you start to get some, he will definitely have some creative screens called to negate some of the pressure. All the weapons we have, and the fact that I know Koetter is looking at the Detroit and Miami 4th quarters, I just see Atlanta having no problem moving the ball. Even against Arizona with the 5 interceptions, we moved the ball. At least 3 of those interceptions were tipped balls, not forced.

I see it being a hard fought game with Seattle getting their rushing yards with some scattered passing yards, and Atlanta getting their passing yards with some scattered rushing yards. I see Lynch breaking a few 20 yard runs, and probably a big gainer. However, I think it comes down to Browner and Julio, as well as Julio/Roddy/Harry/Tony across the middle against Trufont. I just don't see Seattle being able to stop everything, while I see Atlanta knowing that the run game is Seattles bread and butter, and forcing Wilson to beat them with his legs and arm. I see him making a few costly mistakes in an environment which can get pretty damn loud. I'd say top 5 in football in terms of home field advantage.

There's a lot of odds stacked against both teams, and this is by no means a given game for either team.

I just see it being a great game of match ups, and a fun one to watch. It's too early for me to confidently predict a score. But I do see Atlanta winning (I am a fan though.)

I appreciate all the non hostile football talk. It's a breath of fresh air from what we normally see.

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":395avx83 said:
I felt that as long as we got by Washington.. we were headed to the NFC Title Game. Losing Clemons won't be as big of a blow as we think it will...

Seahawks 27, Falcons 23.. Headed to GREEN BAY for a rematch

We get it you hate Wilson! :sarcasm_off:

Really suprised it made it this long without someone saying it. pick it up .net :141847_bnono:

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Detroit part Deuce. 28-24L

We shut down their big guns in White/Jones but get eaten alive by Douglas and Quiz on the slants and screens. Russell plays well but has one big misque throwing a pick to Samuel.

I hate myself but I'm a betting man and right now my money would be on the Falcons. Everybody is on the Seahawks jock and are way over playing ATL's quick playoffs outs in the past. They are a different team and any mistakes will cost us. If we play a flawless game we can overcome but the odds are against us.

Please be wrong, please be wrong..... FYI I last time I picked against us was vs the Jets, I was a week early on the letdown to a bad team, but I did sense the letdown. Hopefully I'm a week early again.

Twisted

Reaction score
lol, sum you guys are funny, "the 10am wake up call is going to hurt them"

you guys forget what its like to be 24? this is a young team, kids now days can party till the wee hours get up and go to work just to do it all over again, its like that till your 35 or so..

pretty sure they will be fresh and ready to rumble, man... they have early work schedules here as well... 8)

Twisted

Reaction score
odds are still at -2.5 Atl... that should tell you something?

AirForceSeahawk

Reaction score
Aros":1itcy9b5 said:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.