Neutralizing Tony Gonzalez

keepertd

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":kh2hebl9 said:
keepertd":kh2hebl9 said:
it isnt that ludicrous, when getting hit is part of the job i seriously doubt in his head he's going "o no im gonna get hit hard in the nfl....maybe i shouldnt catch that pass or play good" unless of course its a h2h which almost anyone is afraid of or injury...no hit that doesnt result in a major injury is going to phase TG, sorry to dissapoint you

Being worried and being afraid are two different things. Nobody said TG was scared, but I'm Pretty Damn sure when he's running his routes across the middle he has the location of our strong safety in the back of his head (i.e - worried). No receiver in this league runs around with reckless abandon, especially if the opposition has a stud or two patrolling the field known to bring the wood. Nice try though.

so my whole point was even if he gets hit hard its not going to change his gameplay, (unless of course an injury) and you compare that to being reckless? please, nice try though

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
keepertd":iyhjytc0 said:
Mistashoesta":iyhjytc0 said:
keepertd":iyhjytc0 said:
it isnt that ludicrous, when getting hit is part of the job i seriously doubt in his head he's going "o no im gonna get hit hard in the nfl....maybe i shouldnt catch that pass or play good" unless of course its a h2h which almost anyone is afraid of or injury...no hit that doesnt result in a major injury is going to phase TG, sorry to dissapoint you

Being worried and being afraid are two different things. Nobody said TG was scared, but I'm Pretty Damn sure when he's running his routes across the middle he has the location of our strong safety in the back of his head (i.e - worried). No receiver in this league runs around with reckless abandon, especially if the opposition has a stud or two patrolling the field known to bring the wood. Nice try though.

so my whole point was even if he gets hit hard its not going to change his gameplay, (unless of course an injury) and you compare that to being reckless? please, nice try though

*facepalm* You can't be serious? Once again, nobody said TG is scared OR reckless. He surely didn't become the best at his position by being either. The style of play your are attempting to describe would suggest that one would have to be of a reckless state of mind to think that they could just run around the field and catch passes, not worried about the defender eyeing him as he does so. He is not super Mario with a golden star or Jean Claude Van Dame who runs through walls.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Neuter-ize him.... I agree.

Find someone with bovine experience. We'll use them.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Why is everyone so obsessed with Gonzalez? The dude is like 50 years old and averaged 10 yards a catch...his longest catch was 25 yards.

Yeah he's a HOFer, but he's definitely not what he was. If you watch ATL, the only reason he gets targeted so much is not because he's still "amazing" but because teams focus so much on Roddy and Julio he flies under the radar. This team is built to stop multiple weapons. He's not the same guy he was 5 years ago.

Zach Miller averaged more yards per catch than Gonzalez. Do you think they are freaking out about him in ATL?

HawkGANG

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2zgb3dm4 said:
HawkGANG":2zgb3dm4 said:
Kam is the hardest hitting safety in the NFL right now...if he comes to play like he did against SF at our house Gonzo will get the Vernon Davis treatment. He may get up on his feet with a concussion but he won't be seeing anymore PT the rest of the game.

Yeah, in all of his 16 years in the NFL Kam is the hardest hitter Tony G has ever seen. :sarcasm_off:

It only takes one

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":1v5swiqh said:
Why is everyone so obsessed with Gonzalez? The dude is like 50 years old and averaged 10 yards a catch...his longest catch was 25 yards.

Yeah he's a HOFer, but he's definitely not what he was. If you watch ATL, the only reason he gets targeted so much is not because he's still "amazing" but because teams focus so much on Roddy and Julio he flies under the radar. This team is built to stop multiple weapons. He's not the same guy he was 5 years ago.

Zach Miller averaged more yards per catch than Gonzalez. Do you think they are freaking out about him in ATL?

If you watch a game, you will notice, he rarely drops the ball, and slips into space very easily.

10-25 yards 4-8 times = a TD. He doesn't need it all at once.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ok, Hawks fans here, but this is really some crazy talk. When was the last time anybody remembers Tony getting 'nuetralized?' He's money game after game after ever-lovin game, and this is consistent regardless coverage or how hard he gets hit. Why would anybody think his performance would suddenly degrade against Chancellor?

The best thing you can do against Gonzalez is limit the damage he does. He will produce regardless.

Latest posts