Hawks Sign Patrick Chukwurah replacing Clem

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If he still has anything, I will not be surprised to see him take the Irvin role, situational pass rusher. I will be nervous as hell if he is on the field, but I was for Patrick Hunter too.

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
Amazing the Seahawks, play 4 pre-season games...16 regular season games, and NO ONE sent to IR.....play one fricking game on that cow pasture called, FED-EX Field, and two players gone..and KEY players. Fed-Ex better think hard about having their name associated with that poor excuse as a stadium. F**kin High Schools have better fields./

Have to trust these two moves will pay dividends, plus...Falcons now have to find film.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
We sent guys to IR. Obomanu, Thurmond, Carpenter all come to mind. I am sure there were others. I don't know where you're getting "no one" from.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
:dummy:
CANHawk":2yj069lx said:
NYCoug":2yj069lx said:
JonRud":2yj069lx said:
I predict Chumbawumba will have 3 huge sacks in this game and lead the team to victory.

If he does, the Tanzania Safari has to make a pitstop in Nigeria!

That's a LONG trip... and we'd have to take the ferry at Kinshasa.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I've spent this ENTIRE SEASON thinking everyone was referring to that small island south of Australia.

:dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":jdadobst said:
We sent guys to IR. Obomanu, Thurmond, Carpenter all come to mind. I am sure there were others. I don't know where you're getting "no one" from.

I stand corrected. forgot about Obomanu, and Thurmond I believe was just placed on IR before the Skins game I believe. Thought Carpenter, was just injured hoping to get back. Just know, the team has had a a pretty good year as far as injuries go.

Go Hawks

ensett

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":2ml5mslu said:
Amazing the Seahawks, play 4 pre-season games...16 regular season games, and NO ONE sent to IR.....play one fricking game on that cow pasture called, FED-EX Field, and two players gone..and KEY players. Fed-Ex better think hard about having their name associated with that poor excuse as a stadium. F**kin High Schools have better fields./

Have to trust these two moves will pay dividends, plus...Falcons now have to find film.

We had 6 guys on IR throughout preseason/regular season

SharkHawk

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":c6i5cw42 said:
SharkHawk":c6i5cw42 said:

I stand corrected. forgot about Obomanu, and Thurmond I believe was just placed on IR before the Skins game I believe. Thought Carpenter, was just injured hoping to get back. Just know, the team has had a a pretty good year as far as injuries go.

Go Hawks

Thurmond was IR'ed twice. I think that's the first time I've seen that happen in NFL history. He was IR'ed at the beginning of the year, but allowed to come back at around mid-season, and then IR'ed again at the end. He was effectively IR'ed before the last regular season game. If they waited it was for reasons only known to them. Maybe if Browner's suspension didn't get lifted and they had to hope Walter could limp out to the field without spraining his big toe?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":15k58l6d said:
:dummy:
CANHawk":15k58l6d said:
NYCoug":15k58l6d said:

Oh. My. Gosh.

I've spent this ENTIRE SEASON thinking everyone was referring to that small island south of Australia.

:dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy: :dummy:

That Tanzanian devil is a real bastard.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Scottemojo":b37bjop4 said:
If he still has anything, I will not be surprised to see him take the Irvin role, situational pass rusher. I will be nervous as hell if he is on the field, but I was for Patrick Hunter too.

Was that the guy's name?

I though Patrick Hunter was a corner that played opposite Dwayne Harper. Number 27, a guy who got more PI calls than anyone as a rookie and then balled after that on the devastating 92 defense.

Was it Wayne Hunter?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I just hope that this dude is hungry and the only meal being served is Melting Ice. I actually think Irvin is going to have a strong game. He isn't worn down and probably learned a ton from Clem. I am really hoping he learned to be as accurate when swapping the ball. Clem gets after it and with his reach just bats the ball down into chaos.

This game, indoors, on turf with one fast SOB at DE. When he sacked RG3, Aikman was saying that no one could do that in the open field to a healthy RG3. I was thinking that RG3 didn't have a half second to think about it because that is how long it took Irvin to reach him after getting chopped.

I really hope Irvin has a breakout game in that he doesn't have to get a lot of sacks, but to force Ryan into throwing those WR/TE screens they like so much. I think that is where the Hawks DB's will really be able to take advantage of their size and speed.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2xwph3ym said:
5% body fat? Christ..

Headed to the gym now :lol:
Big deal, 25% body fat, hell I.....uh...oh, FIVE percent?.........um..........never mind.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2dtw9vfy said:
Scottemojo":2dtw9vfy said:

Was that the guy's name?

I though Patrick Hunter was a corner that played opposite Dwayne Harper. Number 27, a guy who got more PI calls than anyone as a rookie and then balled after that on the devastating 92 defense.

Was it Wayne Hunter?

Pete Hunter

HawkHack

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2dv1nhx0 said:
loafoftatupu":2dv1nhx0 said:
Scottemojo":2dv1nhx0 said:

Was that the guy's name?

Was it Wayne Hunter?

Pete Hunter

Correct.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Very interesting signing, really thought Ray Edwards would be the guy. But lets see how it plays out.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
They signed Pete Hunter and one other guy. Pete came up with a huge pass deflection and either an INT or a fumble pickup off of a dropped pass (or maybe both). He actually got invited to camp the next year and almost made the team. He was a big corner with some size to him. I think if he'd have stayed in the system for a couple of years, we might have been better off than keeping the guys that he got cut for. I believe that is when we kept Jennings and Babs. Babs was a decent backup safety, but was godawful when placed at cornerback. Anybody can rip on Trufant all they want, but even now he's a better CB than Babineaux ever was. He couldn't even cover non-pass-catching TE's.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CANHawk":18scap2f said:
NYCoug":18scap2f said:
JonRud":18scap2f said:
I predict Chumbawumba will have 3 huge sacks in this game and lead the team to victory.

Damn straight it's a long trip and you best believe we're taking the ferry through Kinshasha! It ain't a Safari unless your life is threatened by an animal, an angry dictator, and a child with an AK-47.

Besides, if the Hawks win the Super Bowl this season I'd be at eternal peace, so anything that happens to me in Africa would be ok.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
SharkHawk":cywqsfnn said:
Thurmond was IR'ed twice. I think that's the first time I've seen that happen in NFL history. He was IR'ed at the beginning of the year, but allowed to come back at around mid-season, and then IR'ed again at the end. He was effectively IR'ed before the last regular season game. If they waited it was for reasons only known to them. Maybe if Browner's suspension didn't get lifted and they had to hope Walter could limp out to the field without spraining his big toe?

I believe he was activated off of the PUP list, which is a bit different than IR. Though with the new IR rules being able to designate a player for return later in the year, I am sure we will see someone IR'd twice in one season soon enough (if it didn't already happen this year).