Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:39 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I think Wilson and Lynch will ultimately put the team on their collective shoulders and the Seahawks pull this one out at the end.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:39 pm 
NET Rookie

Hawks win a close game. 31-24.

I just cant see Atl scoring any more than that. And this week we dont leave as many points on the field.

Irvin will be very disruptive in this game. Coming out party time.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 pm 
NET Veteran

no way this defense gives up 38 points.... no way this offense doens't score at least 21...

in Russ i Trust

Seahawks - 27

Dirty Birds - 24

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 pm 
NET Veteran

Aros, you should continue to channel your inner Pappy Boyington (Corsair is one of my all time faves!) and relax. This team is that good!

Will be a close one but I am saying 24-20 Seahawks win.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:59 pm 
NET Veteran

The Seahawks win this game going away 30-13. Atlanta is going to open the game trying to run the ball and they will fail miserably. Punt. Seattle will then drive for a score. Atlanta will still try to run the ball and will fail again. Punt. Seattle drives and scores again. Atlanta gives up on the run game and Seattle's D pins their ears back and makes Matty puddle of water Ryan uncomfortable all day long and forces him into making poor decisions. Seattle runs the ball down the Falcons throat for the second half of the game and wins time of possession by lot.

GO HAWKS!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm 
NET Veteran

If Lynch puts up 100+, Atlanta will lose. I'm sure they know that and are going to be very focused on stopping him. It could really go either way, but...

The Seahawks have proven this season that they are going to fight for 4 full quarters. When we have had weaknesses previously, other parts of the team step up and elevate their play even more. Atlanta is a damn good team, but Seattle has something special happening. I watched the last 4 games of Atlanta's season last night, and I don't see that spark. Sure, they're going to be emotionally amped to win the game, but it takes more than emotion to win a football game.

I know it sounds homerish, but I'm going with the Seahawks. I think they will wear down Atlanta late in the game and take a small lead to win the game.

Seahawks 27 - Falcons 24

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm 
NET Starter

defense doesnt show up early again and we dig to deep of a hole to climb out of.... falcons receiver core will go crazy on us by dink and dunk all the way down the field.. atl shuts down our run game leaving in rg3 hands and he doesnt have his best game..

atl 27-hawks 20

record to date 6-11

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:21 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

I hope this goes like your Packers and Patriots predictions, Aros. :)

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm 
* NET Starfish *

kendog2639 wrote:
defense doesnt show up early again and we dig to deep of a hole to climb out of.... falcons receiver core will go crazy on us by dink and dunk all the way down the field.. atl shuts down our run game leaving in rg3 hands and he doesnt have his best game..

atl 27-hawks 20

record to date 6-11

RG3 doesn't have his best game, huh? Shame.

You people....picking against the hawks in a playoff game so that you don't have to look bad if we lose and can say "yeah, i figured". then if we win, you can say "So happy to be wrong!! WOOOT!!!"

turrible.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Rookie

What was so great about last week was the offense changed the momentum and carried us. Sure the O has come up huge much of the season, but we often punt conservatively knowing the D will hold ground. When the Skins came out and punch our D in the gut, then in the mouth, it would have been devastating if the O went 3 and out again and brought a hurt defense back on the field. It was an awesome team effort, mentally strong, confident and capable.

This is going to be a close hard fought game. I just don't believe the Falcons have been battle tested enough to win it though, and better defenses usually win when it matters most. Losing Clemons will hurt us more next week and beyond, but this week, we'll be fine.

Seahawks 24- Falcons 18

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm 
NET Starter

I heard a guy on the radio compare the 2012 Seahawks to the 2007 Giants. Even though the Giants lost numerous games near the end of the season, they started to get hot in late December. Both teams were/are the #5 seed and had to play all road games to make it to the Super Bowl. Ironically, the Giants won their Wild Card Game against the NFC South Bucs 24-14. They won their next game against the NFC East Cowboys 21-17. Therefore, I am predicting a score of Seahawks 21 - Falcons 17. Our D will be huge in this game. We will head to Lambeau on the 20th.

No record yet.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:52 pm 
NET Veteran

I expect a close hard fought game,...Hawks 30 Falcons 24

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:04 pm 
NET Veteran

iigakusei wrote:
Seahawks 27 - Atlanta 24.
Game winning 51 yard field goal by Longwell.

That would be epic.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 pm 
NET Veteran

9-6, Seahawks

TD and a safety.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:19 pm 
NET Veteran

Somewhat surprised by the initial prediction although I respect it. Looking at this game on paper it favors the Seahawks. Seattle compares favorably at every position outside of wide receiver and that just happens to go against our strongest unit on the other side of the ball. The loss of Clemens doesn't scare me as Atlanta just doesn't run like they used to. I also think KJ, BW etc. do a good job against slow bruising backs. Seahawks control the clock, Wilson is efficient and the defense continues to keep teams under 20 pts like they've done all year.

Seattle 27-14.

Feel better about this one than I did last week for what its worth.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:53 pm 
NET Rookie

Due to the Dirty Birds need to adjust to the Hawks speed on D and a little bye week rust I think the Hawks are up 14-0 by the end of the 1st quarter. From then on it’s a race to the finish with neither team truly being able to shut down the others O.

Hawks - 35
Dirty Birds – 27

Bonus Prediction – RW has another 3 rushing TD game.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

You pessimistic bastards.

The Hawks are going into the Georgia Dome to skin some Falcan'ts.

Hawks 28
Falcons 17

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:01 pm 
NET Veteran

It is only 10 am for you guys watching at home. The team is there a day early and will be playing at 1 pm.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 pm 
NET Veteran

Falcons 28
Seahawks 27

0-8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm 
NET Practice Squad

28-20 Hawks

5-4

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

The Falcons averaged 26 points per game against the easiest defensive schedule in the NFL. What the hell makes anyone think they will drop the first 30 burger of the year on the Seahawks? Atlanta averaged playing against the Buffalo Bills defense...look it up on FO. THEY HAVE NO RUNNING GAME! Arizona held them to 23 points without the benefit of an offense to hold the ball. Atlanta's offense is not epic. The Patriots offense is epic, they average 35 points per game.

"Stay humble, we're suppose to be here!"

Seattle 27
Atlanta 17

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:35 pm 
NET Rookie

42-13 Hawks

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Hawk-A-Loogie wrote:
42-13 Hawks

Your avatar has scarred me permanently.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Picking against your favorite team in the playoffs. :141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm 
NET Starter

scifly wrote:
28-20 Hawks

5-4

Was this from the 49ers game? I don't think Atlanta has the run defense to win this game. I expect Seattle to win by 10 pts or more.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm 
NET Veteran

I think this team is ready to get the 10am road monkey off of their backs. I think they are going to play this playoff game like it's the super bowl. Seahawks 30 Falcons 17.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:19 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Called it the same in another thread:
Hawks 28
Dirty San... ah, never mind, Birds 20

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:23 pm 
NET Veteran

Gonna' be an incredible battle, should be high scoring. I think our ability to run the rock all day will be the difference.

Hawks 27-24

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I feel like a lot of Seattle fans are using early victories against Green Bay and New England as to why you will be able to stop a prolific Falcons offense. Claiming to have stopped better offenses. Keep in mind, Green Bay started the Season 2-2 and New England 3-3. Much like the Seahawks, they started slow and the strung off a mass amount of wins in a row.

Turner had almost 100 less carries this season, than last. Last season we had a non existent screen game in which our OC (current head coach of the 2-14 Jacksonville Jaguars) said publicly multiple times, we did not have the personal for a screen game. As if that isn't damaging in any way. The same personal this season leads the league in screen passes. The screen game is part of the running game excuse. It serves the EXACT same purpose as the running game. Keeps the D honest and forces more into the box. We don't just use Jaquizz Rodgers in the screen game. We use Rodgers and Snelling, and even Julio, Roddy and Turner. Yes, Turner.

Our offense has played some of the best passing defenses in the league and came out way over their season averages allowed. Hence, we won those games. I don't see the season average thing being any different.

I am also very interested in the Detroit and Miami games, in which most Seattle fans are claiming you just flat out laid eggs in the 4th quarter on the defensive side of the ball. I'm pretty sure the Bears fans can say the same thing in defense of your OT win vs them this season. However, what I see in both of these games is that you blanketed their best receivers. Calvin Johnson only having 50 yards and Hartline only having 17. What happened in these games? Well their other receivers, who are talented, but far less talented than Jones or White, and Douglas/Gonzales, went off. Titus Young and Davone Bess had career days putting up 100 and 129 yards. Pettigrew and Clay also had their best games of the season putting up 78 and 84 yards.

With Clemons out, and Atlanta putting pressure on his replacement (who I know has 8 sacks) by running to his side, and lead blocking him behind the play, I don't see your D getting much pressure on Ryan. If you start to get some, he will definitely have some creative screens called to negate some of the pressure. All the weapons we have, and the fact that I know Koetter is looking at the Detroit and Miami 4th quarters, I just see Atlanta having no problem moving the ball. Even against Arizona with the 5 interceptions, we moved the ball. At least 3 of those interceptions were tipped balls, not forced.

I see it being a hard fought game with Seattle getting their rushing yards with some scattered passing yards, and Atlanta getting their passing yards with some scattered rushing yards. I see Lynch breaking a few 20 yard runs, and probably a big gainer. However, I think it comes down to Browner and Julio, as well as Julio/Roddy/Harry/Tony across the middle against Trufont. I just don't see Seattle being able to stop everything, while I see Atlanta knowing that the run game is Seattles bread and butter, and forcing Wilson to beat them with his legs and arm. I see him making a few costly mistakes in an environment which can get pretty damn loud. I'd say top 5 in football in terms of home field advantage.

There's a lot of odds stacked against both teams, and this is by no means a given game for either team.

I just see it being a great game of match ups, and a fun one to watch. It's too early for me to confidently predict a score. But I do see Atlanta winning (I am a fan though.)

I appreciate all the non hostile football talk. It's a breath of fresh air from what we normally see.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 pm 
NET Rookie

Hasselbeck wrote:
I felt that as long as we got by Washington.. we were headed to the NFC Title Game. Losing Clemons won't be as big of a blow as we think it will...

Seahawks 27, Falcons 23.. Headed to GREEN BAY for a rematch

We get it you hate Wilson! :sarcasm_off:

Really suprised it made it this long without someone saying it. pick it up .net :141847_bnono:

Long Live Tanzania and Mt. Killamanjaro. In you we trust!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:41 pm 
NET Veteran

Detroit part Deuce. 28-24L

We shut down their big guns in White/Jones but get eaten alive by Douglas and Quiz on the slants and screens. Russell plays well but has one big misque throwing a pick to Samuel.

I hate myself but I'm a betting man and right now my money would be on the Falcons. Everybody is on the Seahawks jock and are way over playing ATL's quick playoffs outs in the past. They are a different team and any mistakes will cost us. If we play a flawless game we can overcome but the odds are against us.

Please be wrong, please be wrong..... FYI I last time I picked against us was vs the Jets, I was a week early on the letdown to a bad team, but I did sense the letdown. Hopefully I'm a week early again.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:47 am 
NET Veteran

lol, sum you guys are funny, "the 10am wake up call is going to hurt them"

you guys forget what its like to be 24? this is a young team, kids now days can party till the wee hours get up and go to work just to do it all over again, its like that till your 35 or so..

pretty sure they will be fresh and ready to rumble, man... they have early work schedules here as well... 8)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 am 
NET Veteran

odds are still at -2.5 Atl... that should tell you something?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 am 
NET Bench Warmer

Aros wrote:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:02 am 
NET Practice Squad

AirForceSeahawk wrote:
Aros wrote:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.

In terms of the kickoff time, the Seahawks and Redskins kicked off at 1:30. last weekend, the normal start time games in Seattle. The Seahawks finished 8-0 at home, but were just 4-5 on the road this season. But only one win, Chicago, came with the 10 a.m. kickoff time. In fact, the overtime victory over the Bears was the Seahawks' lone 10 a.m. win in the last five seasons.

They beat Chicago and the Giants last year with 10 am start times. The 10 am thing isn't as much of an issue with this current team.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 am 
*Bacon Eating Crusader*
*Bacon Eating Crusader*

AirForceSeahawk wrote:
Aros wrote:

Wrong.. we beat the Rams at STL in 08 and 09 at a 10am PST kickoff..

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran

Howdy Seahawk nation!
You know I had to throw in my .02 cents in on this game.
Chawker spot on prediction.
Seahawks 31
Falcons 23
CHEERS

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 am 
NET Rookie

I just don't see our D giving up more than 3 touchdowns, given how we've held everyone save for Detroit and Miami to two TD's or less. Make Houshka's leg irrelevant by converting in the red zone.

SEA 34
ATL 20

Book it, Danno.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm 
NET Veteran

31-20 Hawks

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

I've been struggling with this all week. In the end, I have a bad feeling the our team's pass rush issues will be their undoing. I keep flashing back to visions of their offense moving down the field with the game's last posession and scoring to win it in the end because Ryan sits in the pocket without pressure and picks apart the Hawks' defense. Of course I sincerely hope to be wrong.

Falcons 26
Hawks 23

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm 
NET Practice Squad

theres no Haushka guys, its Longwell, ive noticed some of you guys still throwin his name out into your predictions. anyway. My prediction.

Hawks 21
Falcs - 17

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm 
NET Rookie

hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
I've been struggling with this all week. In the end, I have a bad feeling the our team's pass rush issues will be their undoing. I keep flashing back to visions of their offense moving down the field with the game's last posession and scoring to win it in the end because Ryan sits in the pocket without pressure and picks apart the Hawks' defense. Of course I sincerely hope to be wrong.

Falcons 26
Hawks 23

We have had plenty of time to address 3rd down pass rush issues and find our weaknesses. Clem or no Clem we will be able to put sufficient pressure on the Ryan to force at least one turnover. The addition of Patrick at DE, he is ripped, in nickel will offer a differant type of player on the strong side nickel package D. Although start time is a bummer, this is the playoffs and adrenaline will be flowing in our young Hawks. We keep them to 2 touchdowns and some feild goals.

Hawks 27+
Falcons 20

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:27 pm 
[[ .NET Godfather ]]

Okay as the game gets closer I'm feeling more and more confident that this in fact may be our year. Is it too late to change my prediction? ;)

"We're about to be legendary." - Richard Sherman to the Seahawks sideline in the 3rd quarter of SBXLVIII

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:31 pm 
NET Veteran

I say it's going to be very close. I never go against the seahawks. Longwell comes in and makes a FG from a 2 minute drive by wilson. 23-20 Hawks.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

Aros wrote:
Okay as the game gets closer I'm feeling more and more confident that this in fact may be our year. Is it too late to change my prediction? ;)

That's me every game. Including this one.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:47 pm 
NET Veteran

Seahawks 31 Falcons 21

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:21 pm 
NET Veteran

I ain't skurred... I'm from the future and I have my sports almanac with me right now. Sadly, if I nail the score exactly, I'll have the FBI/CIA at my door wanting to steal my technology for it's evil purposes...and I can't risk that happening.

But....

****SPOILER ALERT****

Seahawks = 50 burger
Falcons = Not as much as us.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:54 pm 
NET Rookie

Say it ain't so Aros,................say it ain't so.

Please,...............Russ an' the boys are going to eat these guys alive.

Seriously,...........

.........I love the matchups (across the board), but I still think Ryan is a choker, and Wilson is NOT.

And our Defense,...........fuggedaboudit. Lights-out. Shut-down. Whatever!!!! They're IT.

Seahawks: 37 Falcons: 13

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 pm 
I'M JIMMY!

I have been a Hawks fan too long to make some blind, homer pick.

I was thinking after last Sunday, that the Seahawks had accomplished their goals, that they had done enough this season because as a fan, I was satisfied with their run.

Then I realized something, the Seahawks aren't satisfied. They know that they can beat anyone and the more I looked at the Hawks last 9 games, the more I saw a team that doesn't have to do anything special. They just what they do, every week and they usually end up on top when it is over.

The events that transpired over this run have been different, but all 3 pieces of this team have played consistently in every game.

The defense has allowed just over 12 points a game in their last 6 games with 3 of those games on the road.

The offense has run the ball to levels I can't even fathom in that stretch and the passing game has been more than efficient as Wilson just keeps that steady composure, no matter the situation.

I am not one to over analyze stats, but it is easy to see that Hawks just have to do what they always do to get a win in Atlanta. The Falcons are good enough to win 13 of the regular season games they were presented with. None of those teams are like the Seahawks, none of them.

The Falcons aren't the 89 Niners, they have weaknesses, several of them in fact and the Seahawks will find it and exploit it without even focusing on it.

The only weakness I can even potentially present for the Hawks is the hole left by Clemons, but that hole (which has yet to be proven) is the run defense that Clemons had. Too bad for Atlanta that they don't focus on running the ball much.

Aside from that, I just feel the consistency from the Hawks is too much for the Falcons to handle. Wilson does not get rattled, ever, this team has absolutely no pressure on them to do anything differently than they have been doing.

That's why I am giving this to the Hawks, 30-23. I typically go with Todd on these picks, but not this time.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am 
NET Rookie

Seahawks 24 Falcons 21

I'm a homer all the way. Red Bryant blocks a field goal attempt in the final minute to preserve the win.
Go Hawks, Just win!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]