Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2qhzzpu3 said:
The 10am Factor, and all that travel time the past few weeks is another giant factor in my prediction... I would feel a bit more confident if this was a 1pm Eastern game.
The Hawks with Jackson, beat Eli and Giants Last Season and they went on to win the SB.
This won't be an easy win, but a win nonetheless.
Seahawks > 34, Falcons > 27

hoxrox

Reaction score
Matt Ryan can be beat if we can get some pressure and make him uncomfortable. We saw what AZ did to him (would love Ray Horton as our D coordinator if Bradley leaves, btw). Unfortunately I don’t think we can bring that pressure without Clemons, Jason Jones, or blitz packages. I like Irvin but he’s not there yet.

Our corners will do fine vs their top receivers, but they will exploit the middle of the field and target any receiver/TE Trufant goes against. Either way, they’ll get their passing yards. We’ve given up career type numbers this season to lesser receivers.

Not worried about their RBs. KJ Wright has done a great job sniffing the screen and Wagner’s been in almost every play.

Back to back travel and 10 AM start could factor in, while Falcons are well rested. I see a game where Wilson and Lynch put up a great numbers but ultimately will not be enough to outscore them in a close contest.

Hawks 28
Falcons 30

However, if I factor in the power of Tanzania, Hawks win 31 - 24

Fibonacci

Reaction score
dag nam it man. I said I was going to not respond anymore and listed my reason.

but football brother do not feel down. do not let the bad of the past take over.
does it matter what we did in the past?
Not on e stinking bit.
have you won a SB....have we won a SB. nope
Falcons have chocked over and over again. this time though we changed things this year. got nex cordinators and schemes.

look at what you have done this season football friend.
you won against teams like GB, SF, etc.
who cares who you played and where it was.....I measn could you really do anything to say, "hey we need to play these other teams away please".
- you take what comes.

you came from not being the team at the start to actually getting into the wildcards.
being a wildcard slot is not a bad thing. just means you had a team in your division who had a better record.....but you had to face the rest of the NFC un order to get it. it was much harder to get into the wildcard then it is for a 4th slot divisional team.
- anyhow, you were facing 3 other teams. once you saw you could not win your division you went on to a harder situation. and that is wildcard because you have to face not just a few teams....you have to face the rest of the NFC.

your a good person here. that is one thing to say this is going to be tough...why? playoffs are not easy. even the 7-9 worst team to ever get into the playoffs seahawks were not an easy team......Saints learned that.
anyhow I say pick your self off and think about it. if you have not read the end of my post....you should.

furthermore you have a good team. if you were the 4th slot GB....no Lie but I would be ok with them saying they could lose. but with you being a wildcard means you had to fight much harder IMO.

anyhow pick yourself up. at most say this is just going to be a hard game. go watch the tape of beating the saints and say, "dang a 7-9 team can win. then watch NE, SF, heck even the cardinals.....do stay away from your already won playoff game; redskins, because that field is beyond a hatred of words to say. I hate their filed, I honestly pray they fine redskins so bad that the redskins are sold to LA.

if you dare come back and say....well I feel this or you have that and we only have this and blah blah blah I think we lose......I'm going to pull out our hickory stick in our neck of the woods and smack you until you know what you have and where you are at.

Namaste'

Frostbyte

Reaction score
Did someone say "Angry Birds"?

537314_319345521515357_267998676_n.jpg

Seahawks 31
Falcons 17

Beast Mode and the run game are going off. Hawks will dominate Time of Possession.

Hawk Haole

Reaction score
I think Wilson and Lynch will ultimately put the team on their collective shoulders and the Seahawks pull this one out at the end.

jhball

Reaction score
Hawks win a close game. 31-24.

I just cant see Atl scoring any more than that. And this week we dont leave as many points on the field.

Irvin will be very disruptive in this game. Coming out party time.

hawker84

Reaction score
no way this defense gives up 38 points.... no way this offense doens't score at least 21...

in Russ i Trust

Seahawks - 27

Dirty Birds - 24

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Aros, you should continue to channel your inner Pappy Boyington (Corsair is one of my all time faves!) and relax. This team is that good!

Will be a close one but I am saying 24-20 Seahawks win.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Seahawks win this game going away 30-13. Atlanta is going to open the game trying to run the ball and they will fail miserably. Punt. Seattle will then drive for a score. Atlanta will still try to run the ball and will fail again. Punt. Seattle drives and scores again. Atlanta gives up on the run game and Seattle's D pins their ears back and makes Matty puddle of water Ryan uncomfortable all day long and forces him into making poor decisions. Seattle runs the ball down the Falcons throat for the second half of the game and wins time of possession by lot.

GO HAWKS!!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
If Lynch puts up 100+, Atlanta will lose. I'm sure they know that and are going to be very focused on stopping him. It could really go either way, but...

The Seahawks have proven this season that they are going to fight for 4 full quarters. When we have had weaknesses previously, other parts of the team step up and elevate their play even more. Atlanta is a damn good team, but Seattle has something special happening. I watched the last 4 games of Atlanta's season last night, and I don't see that spark. Sure, they're going to be emotionally amped to win the game, but it takes more than emotion to win a football game.

I know it sounds homerish, but I'm going with the Seahawks. I think they will wear down Atlanta late in the game and take a small lead to win the game.

Seahawks 27 - Falcons 24

kendog2639

Reaction score
defense doesnt show up early again and we dig to deep of a hole to climb out of.... falcons receiver core will go crazy on us by dink and dunk all the way down the field.. atl shuts down our run game leaving in rg3 hands and he doesnt have his best game..

atl 27-hawks 20

record to date 6-11

CHawks4L

Reaction score
What was so great about last week was the offense changed the momentum and carried us. Sure the O has come up huge much of the season, but we often punt conservatively knowing the D will hold ground. When the Skins came out and punch our D in the gut, then in the mouth, it would have been devastating if the O went 3 and out again and brought a hurt defense back on the field. It was an awesome team effort, mentally strong, confident and capable.

This is going to be a close hard fought game. I just don't believe the Falcons have been battle tested enough to win it though, and better defenses usually win when it matters most. Losing Clemons will hurt us more next week and beyond, but this week, we'll be fine.

Seahawks 24- Falcons 18

rsm650

Reaction score
I heard a guy on the radio compare the 2012 Seahawks to the 2007 Giants. Even though the Giants lost numerous games near the end of the season, they started to get hot in late December. Both teams were/are the #5 seed and had to play all road games to make it to the Super Bowl. Ironically, the Giants won their Wild Card Game against the NFC South Bucs 24-14. They won their next game against the NFC East Cowboys 21-17. Therefore, I am predicting a score of Seahawks 21 - Falcons 17. Our D will be huge in this game. We will head to Lambeau on the 20th.

No record yet.

lukerguy

Reaction score
iigakusei":3uz0w5fc said:
Seahawks 27 - Atlanta 24.
Game winning 51 yard field goal by Longwell.

That would be epic.