Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Fieldgulls: DEs revisited
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:01 am 
* NET Philistine *

Really interesting article for our draftniks about later round DE prospects:

http://www.fieldgulls.com/nfl-draft/201 ... ks-combine

Post subject: Re: Fieldgulls: DEs revisited
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:31 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Hmmm, interesting.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:03 pm 
NET Rookie

That's our DangeRuss underneath Gholston lol. That Malliciah Goodman looks like an absolute monster.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 pm 
NET Veteran

To say Margus Hunt hasn't put up enough "swatted passes" and not even mention his 82 inch wingspan and his 17 career blocked kicks (10 FGs, 7 PATs), which ties for second in NCAA history (record is 19) is dumb. He will be on display at the Senior bowl and we all need to be sure and focus on his play. He's maybe a possible Seahawk pick in round 2 or 3. JS/PC like "long" and "physical freaks".

Another "statistically abnormal" player that may be available in middle/later rounds is Keith Pough, OLB, 6-2, 236, Howard University. His record career total of **83 TACKLES-FOR-LOSS** are pretty unreal, even at a small school. See UTUBE highlights tape (just through his junior year) Note that this guy plays way faster than his straight line speed would suggest, instints and lateral quickness are evident. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8XCNIpDGE

Q. Smith in rounds 5, 6 or 7 would make some sense, he looks fairly decent.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 pm 
NET Veteran

The guy who wrote that is a character to say the least.

Sent me some tweets a few weeks ago boasting about how he had a natural flair for scouting because all of Seattle's draft picks last year were on his 'big board'. Completely out of the blue.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

That was a great article. Really Intrigued by Smith in the later rounds. He only lists at 249, but by the look of him he could carry another twenty pounds at 6'5".

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:31 pm 
NET Veteran

Smith tore his ACL in November.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:11 pm 
NET Veteran

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

Yeah, I read that in the article. Still wouldn't mind using a seventh rounder on him. The nine month time range puts him back in August. If he recovered in six months we would have him in May. With the new injured reserve rules I would take the risk.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:59 am 
* NET Philistine *

CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
theENGLISHseahawk wrote:

Yeah, I read that in the article. Still wouldn't mind using a seventh rounder on him. The nine month time range puts him back in August. If he recovered in six months we would have him in May. With the new injured reserve rules I would take the risk.

If you're using a 7th round pick as a flyer anyway, might as well go for it in the late rounds. Though, if PC and JS can get him as a UDFA, they'll go that route if they want him I'm thinking.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:00 am 
* NET Alumni *

Meh. I don't get the hub-bub over Field Gulls. I'm not saying I'm a great writer or anything, but everybody says the folks there are, and I just see them as another fan site, with different backgrounds than this place and a format that is meant to seem intelligent and drive away non-kool-aid drinkers to what they're serving.

This isn't just a rip on the site... I meant that article in particular was just not that interesting or persuasive.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran

SharkHawk wrote:
Meh. I don't get the hub-bub over Field Gulls. I'm not saying I'm a great writer or anything, but everybody says the folks there are, and I just see them as another fan site, with different backgrounds than this place and a format that is meant to seem intelligent and drive away non-kool-aid drinkers to what they're serving.

This isn't just a rip on the site... I meant that article in particular was just not that interesting or persuasive.

Danny Kelly does good work and Derrick Stephens is good during the draft season. Everyone else is pretty mediocre, IMO.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 pm 
* NET Philistine *

SharkHawk wrote:

This is the first I've linked to one of their articles, actually. With a lot of the talk about defensive ends in the forum, it seemed appropriate.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:43 pm 
* NET Nobody *

Milliciah looked pretty good in his Bowl game. Certainly got my attention. Nothing splashy, but a "good, steady performer."

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:09 pm 
* NET Alumni *

Sarlacc83 wrote:
SharkHawk wrote:

This is the first I've linked to one of their articles, actually. With a lot of the talk about defensive ends in the forum, it seemed appropriate.

No knock on you. I appreciate the info. I just didn't think it was really persuasive. It seemed like he was even sort of waffling in the article. An actual article should leave you walking away from it saying, "THIS IS NOW MY OPINION" not, "I am still where I was before or I still am just not convinced at all....". This article didn't change my mind. Maybe I'm being hard headed, but usually I'm a pretty easily persuaded guy.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]