Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Angry Birds @ Dirty Birds)

Hawk-N-Stein

Reaction score
I'm drinking the KoolAid and riding this high. The Hawks go into Atlanta and drop the high flying Falcons with a Hawk talon to the jugglar. Hawks win!

Hawks 31

Falcons 21

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I have a sinking feeling that 3rd down may be the undoing of the Seattle D this week...but I also think we run all over their defense. Since its no fun to pick against the Hawks, I'm calling for a close win

Hawks 27
Falcons 24

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":12zbdlw7 said:
MontanaHawk05":12zbdlw7 said:
Atlanta 38
Seattle 27

RTD: 9-8
You honestly think this defense will give up 38 points?! For reals?!

The trio of Jones/White/Gonzalez is my main concern. It's something we haven't faced since last time we played the Falcons. I remain convinced that Brandon Browner is too exploitable by talented QB/WR combos.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Like every other game we've played this year, we are in this game. I don't expect any kind of a runaway train for either team crushing the other. I expect I'll be sitting in living room on the edge of my seat watching one of my friends try to run up from his seat to try to make that deep catch for Golden Tate just like he tried to do last week. I expect a roller coaster of a game.

The Seahawks will have to win this game on 1st and 2nd down. We've been lucky on third down a lot lately. If we have to rely on amazing Golden Tate catches or Zack Miller grabbing balls off his shoestrings we won't win this one. We need to be precise, surgical. To get to the Superbowl though, you need to be lucky in these 3rd and long situations, but we can't keep pressing our luck on it.

My prediction is 27 - 24. I find myself on the fence about who will win it though as I believe it will likely come down to whomever has the ball last. That said, with our kicker out and now starting Longwell, I think that means the game. Falcons will most likely be on top but I sure hope I'm wrong!

edogg23

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the 10AM start time woes apply to the playoffs. I bet that most of the players hardly sleep the night before the playoff game anyways, so its not a big deal. If they can't find a way to get amped for this game then they probably deserve to lose.
Seahawks 27
dirty birds 17

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
I was scared of this match up at first. Like most, the only thing I could think of was the match up of their offense vs. our defense, but then I thought of what Seattle likes to do offensively. Control the clock and shove it down Atlanta's throat with beast mode. ATL isn't so scary when they only have the ball 20-25 minutes. Carolina put up 58 in their two games with the Falcons. They ran for 394 yards in both of those match ups (Cam Newton accounted for 202 of those). Until Atlanta can prove they can stop Seattle from running the ball, and the read option I think Seattle wins this game 31-20.

edogg23

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":owxnfkdb said:
Atlanta 38
Seattle 27

My remote will be lodged in my tv if the Seahawks give up 38 points.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Well this is all a bit of a surprise, with all the older hands predicting a loss.

I haven't predicted a score all year. However one thing this season has shown me is that this team is full of surprises and never lays down to die. Expectations based on team history do not seem to have any weight with this team, this year.

I thought we could well lose to the skins prior to that game, but had no such concerns about Atlanta if we got through. Still sticking with that.

Sac

Reaction score
Russell, Beast Mode and the read option have the Falcons undersized and soft tackling defense gassed by the 3rd quarter.
Seahawks win 31-27

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I was more nervous about the Redskins game than I am about this one. The only thing that would surprise me is the Seahawks losing by more than, say, 10 points.

Luckily for us, this team doesn't have the same past baggage that we as fans do. They don't care about 29-year old playoff road win droughts. They don't seem to get worked up over early starts versus late starts. They've had their share of mistakes and hiccups - as would any young team (and make no mistake, this is a YOUNG team) - but they've improved on those as the season stretched on. And now, they're playing very good football, regardless of venue.

I think they will have gotten the postseason nerves out of their systems in that 1st quarter in DC, and I expect them to come out ready to go this Sunday. I expect there will be some big hits, some big plays, and a lot of ups and downs. The Seahawks are hungry right now, and full of confidence. The Falcons are less hungry than desperate. They've been a #1 seed before, and they know what it's like to fall short of expectations - something they'll be antsy to avoid this time. Whether the hunger and lack of pressure on the Seahawks' side can overcome the HFA and offensive firepower of the Falcons remains to be seen.

But I like Seattle's chances just as much as I did against Washington, if not more.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I felt that as long as we got by Washington.. we were headed to the NFC Title Game. Losing Clemons won't be as big of a blow as we think it will...

Seahawks 27, Falcons 23.. Headed to GREEN BAY for a rematch

Hawknight

Reaction score
This has been no ordinary Season, a close loss to the Cards, Miami and even the Rams I would never had expected, games I didn't think we would lose. Then we won games vs the Cowboys, Greenbay, New England and Chicago, games we would normally have lost to in the past. We have a huge winning streak in our favor, we beat a team on the road in our first playoff win in quite a while.

I think if you look at the whole picture, see what our accomplishments are since the beginning of the season, we have a hell of a force going with this team, ready to strike out and tear these teams, limb to limb. 10 am vs the Falcons on the road? Hell, no worries here, make the game 5 am for all I care, I think our team is so pumped up from what they have accomplished so far, Matt Ryan better bring an extra jock strap. This team is for real, I BELIEVE, I know we are legit. Russell is beyond amazing, I think come time for the Atlanta game, Russell Wilson his Seattle Seahawks are going to Shock and Awe all those who bare to watch, Seattle will be feared even more so when WE DEFEAT THE FALCONS!

I'll go on record to say that I look forward to Russell Wlson going on to being the first rookie to make it to the Superbowl, because I KNOW we'll get that far. Our team can do it, no doubt in this mind whatsoever. What will make me happier about him being the first rookie to play in the Superbowl is that he is a Seahawk and he's one of us. A top notch athlete with a lot of class and skill.

Sure we suffered a few setbacks with the lost of our kicker and Clemons, but they are just a few building blocks of the success of this team. Where we weaken in one area, we step it up in another. We don't let the negative hamper our success. I can't wait to see Lynch go in afterburner mode on the Falcons. I can't wait to see Russell Wilson sling it down the field and then run for 30 years on the next play.

I have no stats to prove that we'll win, its just how I feel and believe...call me crazy, but to be a Seahawks fan, you have to have a little bit of crazy in you to be a faithful fan over the years.

Enough of me going off, I'm going to predict another Seattle vs 49er like outcome.....

Seahawks 48 (Washington is going to return it for 98+ yards on one of the kick offs...prediction)

Falcons 17

Aros":1dpkt66p said:
When we went down 14-0 in the first quarter, all the years of being a frustrated diehard Seahawks fan came flooding back. I screamed and yelled at the ineptitude. I slammed my remote down into the couch pillow (at least I used some common sense while acting like a douche) and walked out of the room. I needed to take a breather. I got on my flight simulator and whisked myself away to some cyberland high above the cyberclouds in my cyber F4U-1D Corsair.

The sound of those pistons is like a soothing liquor being poured down my gullet.

So after a successful landing at some cyberairport, I was ready to face the music. As bad as the game was going to be, I was going to watch the rest unfold.

And unfold it did.

This team has clearly defined itself as having NO relation to those under-achieving, mediocre, Johnny-Come-Lately's of years past. Any one of those teams would have been smoked last Sunday to the tune of 35-7 or something to that effect. This team can get down, but are never, ever out.

Yet, all this week, I've had a bad feeling that the Seahawks 2012 journey will come to and end in Atlanta. I've listened to those smarter than I am go over the matchups. There are valid points to be made by both sides why they think their team will win. For me, it comes down to a few factors. Losing Clemons is HUGE. Losing Hauschka could prove to be the difference. Hopefully not, but he could be. I think the Falcons are spittin' mad over all the talk how HOT the Seahawks are and all you hear about the NFC's #1 seed is how they have failed to advance in the playoffs their past 4 tries. Our corners are the perfect kryptonite to their big receivers, but it's not their receivers I'm concerned with. Gonzalez and anybody else Trufant and our LB's will have to cover.

I think Magic Russ will still be impressive. He will find his touchdowns, and run for chunks at a time, keeping the chains moving. I also expect Lynch to have another 100+ yard performance.

It will likely be a fun, high-scoring affair by both teams, and a really fun game for the country to watch.

I'm just afraid we will fall short this Sunday. If I'm wrong, there's no crow to eat. I won't be surprised if we win. It's just been one of those years, and the magic could continue onto the NFC Championship. I'm going to go with my gut this time and say the Seahawks put up another valiant effort but fall a bit short in the points department.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 28 - Falcons 31

Aros' Fearless Record: 12-5

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3prjetdr said:
MontanaHawk05":3prjetdr said:
Atlanta 38
Seattle 27

We get it, Montana. You don't ever think the Seahawks can win.

Yeah, because that explains my 9-8 prediction record perfectly. :th2thumbs:

Greenhell

Reaction score
Last year was last year. This year we have a damn awesome QB who doesn't know "give up". No score prediction but I think we win.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
I think our defense shows up big in the turnover department, I think Beast gets his food in the form of yards and a TD, and i think Russell takes care of the ball.

Hawks 27
Falcons 20

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think it is Detroit part 2. Clemons and the kicker. Early game, East time zone.

I hate myself.

Falcons 24, Seattle 23.

Record to date, 13-4

Edit. I can't do this. Hawks ride Wilson to a last second win.

Hawks 28, Falcons 24.