Hawks Sign Patrick Chukwurah replacing Clem

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Warner had the Grocery bagging job locked up again, Fitness trainer was the only other job available that let him play football too.

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
way i see it is he'll come in on third downs or 2nd and longs where we suspect pass. He'll be told to beat his man 1 on 1 and take ryans head off. WE are playing on turf, in a dome, where speed counts. and if this guy still has his speed, and some motivation, he could make an impact. He'll probably only play 10-15 snaps unless he just impresses in practice this week. but he's in shape, has some nfl experience and the speed that the FO likes. How hard is it to chase ryan around the pocket a few times.

Sounds good to me. id rather have a few guys rotating in to keep em all fresh anywayz. ATL passes more than it runs. im on board

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm certainly not worried about this guy being in shape. Dude is shredded.

[youtube]gfD5bkCHiBQ[/youtube]

HawkGANG

Reaction score
I'm actually glad they're bringing in an older player. I'm guessing at age 33 he knows how to prepare himself for a game and won't try and play beyond himself like a young up and comer might try and do. We just need solid play win minimal mistakes.

CANHawk

Reaction score
King Dog":2fn7lejl said:
I'm certainly not worried about this guy being in shape. Dude is shredded.

[youtube]gfD5bkCHiBQ[/youtube]
Yeah, but that chick was fat. What's she doing being a personal trainer?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Two words: CHASE BLACKBURN.
Three words: SUPER BOWL VICTORY.
PATRICK CHUKWURAH <=> CHASE BLACKBURN (Seahawks version)
One word: TANZANIA (had to throw that in)

The ONLY reason the NY Giants were Super Bowl Champs was the incredible play by Chase Blackburn, covering Rob Gronkowski on a Brady scramble, sprinting back after being beaten, and then out-jumping Gronk for the ball, and coming down with the pick. Unbelievable!! NOT supposed to happen!! Who is this guy? That play, by CHASE BLACKBURN, more than any other allowed the Giants to win. (Just barely more so than the Mario Manningham sideline tightrope play)
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012 ... ckbur.html

I just get the feeling this guy PATRICK CHUKWURAH will be involved in a key play somewhere, a sack, cause a fumble, recover a fumble and return it for a score. Somewhere along the road, he will make a key play. I trust the FO judgment on this. I expect they will only ask him to do things he can do, and use him as a situational pass rusher on clear passing situations.
Two (bad) words: Etric Pruitt.
Three (bad) words: (Seahawks) Super Bowl Loss.
That's the difference between the John Schneider front office and the Tim Ruskell front office.

Patrick Chukwurah for the win. Book it!!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Native Nigerian. Probably been to Tanzania.

EDIT: It's on the other side of the continent so probably not. lol

SharkHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2yit8dou said:
Where's Sharkhawk? Our WAC/MWest scout may have more info.

Guy was a freaking unstoppable monster in college. I believe the last game I saw in person was a BYU/Wyoming game in which he was playing. Guy was a total beast. This was years ago, and this was old school MWC ball. I don't know how he's developed since, but I thought he was going to be a machine in the NFL when I saw him play in college. I haven't watched him play since then that I can recall. But he reminded me of a guy that played for San Diego State that ended up being really good just a bit before and he played for the Packers. I'm trying to remember his name.... crap.... who was that dude. Initials were "KGB". Kabeer G something Bimela? What the heck. That guy. He had a high motor in college and was a destructive force. Chukwurah was like that guy. I thought he'd be a better pro than KGB. I was wrong on that one apparently, but he is right up there with guys that really impressed me over the years in the WAC and later MWC. Guys like Kirk Morrison, Dave Hawthorne, Brett Keisel, Paul Kruger (always disrupting in the backfield), Jerry Hughes (similar guy... ALWAYS in the backfield), Tank Carter, Eric Weddle (although he was a DB, the guy was everywhere and was a supreme blitzer).

If I had to compare him to a Seahawk (which is what I always do when watching college players). I always thought Chukwurah was like Rufus Porter. A smallish guy that was probably more suited to LBer size wise, but had a high motor and would just get in the backfield consistently and wreak havoc no matter how big the guy on the other side of the line was. He seemed instinctive. Like Jerry Hughes, he just knew where to be and was immediately in the QB's face.

I guess now they're depending on his smarts and his knowledge of lots of defensive systems and having the veteran tricks and such to come in and play if needed. I don't think it's a bad move. He's not going to come in and be Rufus Porter of course, but that's how he played in college. I am surprised now that I think back that he didn't have a really good NFL career, because he was one of those guys that seemed like he'd come in and just get to the QB, like KGB seemed to. To me, you could flip-flop either guy in college and I'd think you were getting a really good DE. Of course KGB had a much better career and was pretty dominant for a few years. I think he messed up his back or neck or some business though and kind of faded away.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
In Pete we should trust!

All this guy needs to do is get in Ryan's face a few times and contain quiz. Let's not forget how much help he will have around him. If the FO can find something special in this guy, then we should stand by them.

We'll see Sunday (if this guy gets any playing time), what he's really made of.

***ETA***
Thanks for the breakdown Sharkhawk! I think knowing multiple schemes will be very important for this guy to step in and make an impact. If he still has the moves, it'd be nice to let him teach up Bruce on some of the little things.

nwgamer

Reaction score
I smell blitz packages. I think with Clem out we will def be doing a few things diff... we will see.

Largent80

Reaction score
The way these guys work has shown me to never question what they do, only embrace it.

hawker84

Reaction score
don't see why i should start doubting the FO now... he looks like a beast, looks good in that UNI except for the leg warmers, not sure i can get behind those.... maybe he can teach Irvin a spin move or two

Rufus

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1rrk89wn said:
I always thought Chukwurah was like Rufus Porter.

YES!!! Then I love this pick!

Slap a 97 on him and start him immediately!

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
This guy looks like a beast. Lets hope he can come in and play decent and not make any huge mistakes and/or bone-headed penalties.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
No one that we would sign for this role would play too much, they probably just went after the best athlete they have to throw in on long yard passing downs if need be.