Are the Browns waiting for Saban?

pehawk

Reaction score
Damn you Chip Kelley and NIKE for ruining my prediction on the Browns.

But, the Browns seem to be waiting for something/someone now. Could it be Saban? Saban no longer has ANYTHING tpo prove or gain in the NCAA.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Depends on if he's seeing what Carroll is doing in the NFL and thinks he can do the same.

However, I'm sure his departure from Miami burned a lot of bridges. But, then again, this is the Browns we're talking about, and they're pretty desperate.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
UNlike Carroll, the Browns gig doesn't require a major overhaul. Saban would need a new QB, for sure, but everything else is set.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
pehawk":1a2wpana said:
UNlike Carroll, the Browns gig doesn't require a major overhaul. Saban would need a new QB, for sure, but everything else is set.

That is a good point. He would be going into a situation with a set running game at the very minimum as he'd get Richardson "back", and he could probably wring some extra talent out of the Browns defense.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ons2mto said:
pehawk":2ons2mto said:

That is a good point. He would be going into a situation with a set running game at the very minimum as he'd get Richardson "back", and he could probably wring some extra talent out of the Browns defense.

You could wring some talent out of that Browns defense.

If Saban ever jumped, the Browns job would be the best scenario, IMO. Hell, that's where he started.

I know Saban comes with a slight reputation, so he's hard to judge. But, I'm not sure I can fault anyone for realizing the Dolphin's will always be a mess from top-down. Also, if he's a true "coach", its got to be nagging him that he hasn't won in the pinnacle of the coaching profession.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Was Flynn his QB at LSU? Maybe he will want him back? Flynn and swap first round picks?

Yeah, pipe dream, but it is a beautiful one.

razgriz737

Reaction score
If I'm correct, he's currently got a higher salary than the average for NFL head coaches. He's got a pretty sweet gig.

kearly

Reaction score
I think Saban will return to the NFL, but not until he's secured his title as the greatest college coach of all time, which should only take a few more NCAA seasons.

Subzero717

Reaction score
kearly":29vshwvm said:
I think Saban will return to the NFL, but not until he's secured his title as the greatest college coach of all time, which should only take a few more NCAA seasons.

Exactly this. I believe he needs one more title or am I mistaken?

BASF

Reaction score
Apparently they were waiting for Rob Chudzinski. It seems to be a very weird hire. His tenure's as offensive coordinator in Cleveland and Carolina were very good one season then mediocre to poor the next. It seems that his team regressed at each of his coaching stops, but maybe the opponents just figured out what it was he was doing offensively?

Word is that he is targeting Norv Turner to be his offensive coordinator which could work out well, as that is where Norv belongs in the NFL.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
kearly":12ppzjuu said:

Yea, this. While the Browns situation is a great one to step into right now, who's to say it won't be in a couple more years? Saban's got a good thing going. He's absolutely untouchable at this point, and he'll continue to do this until he's cemented himself as high as he can get in the annals of College Football history.

And only when he does that, will he want to take a stab at the next level.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Very uninspired, reeks of panic, hire.