James Harrison

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
I know this is probably blasphemy, but I would love to see James Harrison in a Seahawks uniform next year. Tell me that intensity doesn't fit in PERFECTLY with this team. I realize that he is 34 years old, but I think he could be had for a reasonable 1-3 year deal if he knows he was playing on a team with a chance to win another ring. He is still playing at a fairly high level (70 tackles and 6.0 sacks in 13 games this season). I think for sure he would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill. Maybe not an every down player at this stage of his career, but would be very good in pass rush situations.

He does have two years left on his deal as of right now. However the Steelers are a projected 10 million dollars over the cap going into next year, and have a whopping $34.5 million tied up in three linebackers (Harrison, Woodley and Timmons). They are going to have to make some cuts and there have reportedly already been rumblings he may be a Steelers cap casualty after the season is over.

Agree or disagree that he would be a good addition to this defense?

pehawk

Reaction score
Good rule of thumb on these potential FA questions; "would the Arizona Cardinals do it?"

In this case, the Cardinals most certainly would.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
So you're saying that if the Arizona Cardinals would make a play for a certain player that we should avoid them? If that is the case I'm not sure I'd understand the logic there. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

pehawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2huxsw24 said:
So you're saying that if the Arizona Cardinals would make a play for a certain player that we should avoid them? If that is the case I'm not sure I'd understand the logic there. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you're saying.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm saying. It's the kind of move Arizona does, and has done, of late.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I would sign a 34 year old free agent. If he was Peyton Manning. Not James Harrison.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Don't care that much about Harrison.

It is SWEET to see the Steelers crumbling though. They are gonna suck next year, and I am gonna freaking LOVE IT.

When's the Seahawk Steeler rematch?

The Radish

Reaction score
Lets see, you are suggesting we grab a player that has an NFL "penalize me" sign on his back?

The same one that's bound to get suspended soon for ignoring all warning about dirty tactics?

I think there's something wrong with your picture.

:roll:

Spounge84

Reaction score
I honestly don't see anything that he brings at this point in his career that we couldn't already get from someone younger and cheaper.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":13ez5uqh said:
There have been some dumb ideas on .NET. This is top 5.

Almost as bad as wanting to sign Vince Young.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":warb7d4z said:

Really?? Give me a break. It's not the best idea on .NET, but saying it's one of the worst is laughable. Do I think he could come in as an every down player? No, and I said as much in my original post. But he fits the intimidating and physical mentality and style of this team's play, and despite his age would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill (did you watch him play this year?) I stand by what I originally wrote.

There's a difference between Vince Young and James Harrison. Young is a total head case that cannot play quality football anymore. Harrison is a psycho but still plays good football the majority of the time.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":131v56mc said:
Sarlacc83":131v56mc said:

Really?? Give me a break. It's not the best idea on .NET, but saying it's one of the worst is laughable. Do I think he could come in as an every down player? No, and I said as much in my original post. But he fits the intimidating and physical mentality and style of this team's play, and despite his age would be an upgrade over Leroy Hill (did you watch him play this year?) I stand by what I originally wrote.

There's a difference between Vince Young and James Harrison. Young is a total head case that cannot play quality football anymore. Harrison is a psycho but still plays good football the majority of the time.

No he doesn't. He fits the mold of dumb brick being hurled at someone else's head. He's also part of a 3-4 defense so he's not a schematic fit. You can stand by it, but you might as well suggest we sign Ben Roethlisberger, too. When it comes to hated Steelers, Harrison is one of the worst.

OP
OP
I

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3g8v7jlq said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3g8v7jlq said:
Sarlacc83":3g8v7jlq said:

No he doesn't. He fits the mold of dumb brick being hurled at someone else's head. He's also part of a 3-4 defense so he's not a schematic fit. You can stand by it, but you might as well suggest we sign Ben Roethlisberger, too. When it comes to hated Steelers, Harrison is one of the worst.

So then regardless of whether or not they're a player that would help improve our team (Harrison aside, this is a separate issue) you would not take a Steeler on this team next year simply from principle? What about Mike Wallace?

Carmon1274

Reaction score
I would love Harrison to be a Seahawk for 2 year contract.

The reason is because he is a Vet. and can teach Irvin and (Someone from the draft). Mentor and help them out.

JH is a still a good Pass Rusher, and we still seem to have problems Rushing the QB with Irvin and Clemons.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3cj2ucbh said:
Harrison's physicality is not the issue. First of all, he's a dirty Stealer, and the fans would have beef. Secondly, he's a flag magnet. He's a flagnet.

Like Breno right, thats why he's still playing for us.

Wait you think PC and JS cares about dirty Stealer and you think they care about Flag magnet and flagnet?

Breno?

DUH

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
No. Please, no.

Arguably the dirtiest player in the NFL over the last 10 years who is now 34. Sounds like a horrible idea to me.