Trent Dilfer criticizes RG3

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Trent Dilfer criticizes RG3
Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Trent Dilfer criticizes RG3
Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 pm
  • He is 100% right. RGIII is slow through his progressions, when he gets past his first two reads he tends to force the ball into smaller windows, usually throwing high or missing wide open guys.
    The redskins offense is predicated on his ability to move to free up passing lanes while using the run and play action to get their receivers separation so RGIII can make quick and easy reads.
    If they can't run or RGIII is no threat leaving the pocket, Washington is in trouble.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:54 pm
  • knownone wrote:He is 100% right. RGIII is slow through his progressions, when he gets past his first two reads he tends to force the ball into smaller windows, usually throwing high or missing wide open guys.
    The redskins offense is predicated on his ability to move to free up passing lanes while using the run and play action to get their receivers separation so RGIII can make quick and easy reads.
    If they can't run or RGIII is no threat leaving the pocket, Washington is in trouble.

Trent Dilfer sucks though haha
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:32 am
  • hawksfan515 wrote:Trent Dilfer sucks though haha

You can be elite in your knowledge of the game, (I'm not saying he is, for the record) even if you can't play it well. Just sayin'.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 am
  • Well Dilfer wasn't very good at playing "nicked up" either. He has little room to talk.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:05 am
  • There's playing nicked up and there's playing when you are too injured to help your team. This was the latter. Sorry Trent, but the fault lies with Shanahan for not pulling Griffin out of the game when he had the chance.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:02 am
  • Shadowhawk wrote:There's playing nicked up and there's playing when you are too injured to help your team. This was the latter. Sorry Trent, but the fault lies with Shanahan for not pulling Griffin out of the game when he had the chance.

You are missing Dilfers point. Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL in 2 play off games, was very effective passing and didn't look completely and utterly lost like RGIII.
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am
  • Yep, RG3 injury was no excuse to stand there like a moron and just take a sack from Irvin. A real QB (wilson) would have thrown that away. He was like 20 yards back, he had all day to watch Irvin close in on him.

RG3 has been exposed that he isnt a QB, at least not yet. He is an athlete. He relies on Elite speed.
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm
  • Dilfer comes across as being pretty ridiculous with these comments.

Whenever I see him now, I can't help but think of this. Still don't know why they threw him the olive branch and let him raise the 12th Man Flag. I seriously would have been a better choice at that point...

Kinda funny also to see how Kiper shrugs off Richard Sherman as "just an average 5th round pick", even sounded higher on Legree haha And ya gotta love Dilfer calling Golden Tate "a huge reach."
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm
  • Mostly Butthurt that his buddy Hass wasn't given any luv . . . but top end of our draft drew criticism beyond Dilweed didn't it?

Granted we were picking for need rather than BPA, but can you honestly say that we couldn't have got much better players for some of those early picks?

Guess 20/20 hindsight is a bitch . . .
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 pm
  • I want to wait and see another year from Moffitt and Carpenter before I come to a conclusion on them.

We've seen with guys like Tate and Unger that sometimes it takes a player a little longer to break out. I've seen enough positive, despite the negatives, to think that a light might soon turn on. Moffitt just came off the bench and played a very good game in relief of Sweezy, who couldn't handle the blitz, again. I think he's going to turn into a rock solid guard and he's already paid some dividends.

The fact that Carp even saw the field this season shows how hard he worked and that he's a little bit tougher than he was when he first got here. If he can get healthy in time for camps next season, I'll like his chances to bounce back and have a solid year.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how history writes itself.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:22 pm
  • That draft is still a bit of a head scratcher, IMO. Without the foresight of drafting Wilson the pick in the first really should have been Dalton. The guys who really made the draft were Sherman and Wright. Carpenter could end up being a really good guard if he stays healthy and Moffit should be decent but he is a back up right now.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 pm
  • Emphasis at the time was to shore up the OL, and was the proper decision - gotta get the OL solid, before you bring in the QBOTF without putting in harms way, also I think Cable had alot of say in who the picks were
    GoHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm
  • RGIII is a rookie. People seem to forget that. What did people like Manning, Brady,Rogers look like as rookies?
    Please give these kids a break. Anyone watched Dalton, Shaub lay an egg this week end?
    How about old timers like Palmer, Rivers, ...
    I really hate it, when people criticize an offense tailored to fit a player's ability best. Isn't that what all offensive coordinators expected to do? Isn't that what they get paid to do?
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information