Russell Wilson Has Become Overvalued

soxhawk

Reaction score
He makes solid observations. I noticed it to in the rams and skins games. That being said, I'm totally fine having the best game manager qb in the NFL. Our mojo is so strong right now that Atlanta will have to earn it on Sunday.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Damn it... I fell for it again... Bleacher report articles are there just to tick me off. Most, if not all, articles are poorly written and even more poorly researched. Some idiot watches two Seahawk games and thinks he knows EVERYTHING there is to know and then he writes about it and PROVES he knows absolutely nothing about what he writes. I have yet to read an article on that site that does NOT have an incorrect "fact" or a grammatical error.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Exactly.
What's funny is, the author says ... RW isn't as good as Luck and RGIII, both players also played this week end and lost very badly. People are using the injury as excuses for RGIII performance... well, that's a real joke. RGIII beat Dallas, Philly and Baltimore with the exact same injury. Nobody has had the guts to say that ... his injury might have been the consequence of a defense, that didn't allowed him to throw the ball down the field.
Because of the ball control of Seattle, the Skins didn't even have the ball.Seattle was making first downs and moving the ball pretty easily. Had Seattle converted in the red zone, this game would have been more like the Buffalo game.
chris98251":vkyblm90 said:
If his name was Roethisburger he would have been given the keys to the City and called a cornerstone of the league for that game.

kearly

Reaction score
Wow. The irony. The article was garbage, but many of the comments were brilliant. Why are smart people reading BR?

BTW, the writer of the article is a Falcons fan.

kearly

Reaction score
Oh yes, and one more thing: Russell Wilson is not a game manager. Game managers don't have the 4th highest deep pass rate in the league.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The Radish":9jcbx16z said:
I'm not a bleacher report fan either but what about it was wrong?

He spent most of the game worrying about rushes and had happy feet a lot.

We all know Wilso has to spend more time in the pocket and stop overthrowing those open receivers downfield.

What is wrong with any of those things?

:141847_bnono:
Stop acting like this is a regular occurrence

brimsalabim

Reaction score
After Russell Wilson's junior year his college coach also thought he was overvalued. He forced Russell out of the program so that he could start another QB that more closely resembled his "Matt Ryan" mold.... Now that coach is coaching TE's at UVA while the coach that took Russell in just became one of the highest paid coaches in college football.

The most valuable attribute for a QB is "Wins Games"........

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1b6i9h90 said:
It's Bleacher Report.

When will people learn?

Might as well put a link to a video of some barn yard animals standing in a field. The analysis will be just as worthwhile.

THIS.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3an9rlrh said:
The Radish":3an9rlrh said:

We all know Wilso has to spend more time in the pocket and stop overthrowing those open receivers downfield.

Stop acting like this is a regular occurrence

Well all right then!

:141847_bnono: :D

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
A few of his points have a trace of validity but this is fanboy writing at best. The problem I have is the title of the article. I would argue that Russel Wilson has the best return on investment of any of the quarterbacks in the game today! If that isn't value then I don't know what is.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere in this thread that Wilson "has to stay in the pocket more" ???

Why exactly?

One of the big positives to his game, and one of the reasons his height is a non issue, is because he can break contain, allow long developing routes to develop and find passing lanes. He's also such a dynamic runner, why would you want to limit his opportunity to break off a big gain? Forcing him to stay in the pocket would be like forcing Peyton Manning to run the read option.

He's over throw receivers ever since his NC State days. It's something we'll have to live with.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The Radish":3pvhzk0s said:
Well all right then!

:141847_bnono: :D

Haha, ;)

But honestly, yeah, Russell may not be the "perfect" QB, but he sure is the most perfect QB for this team, imo. It may be pure homerism (but it might not be) but there isn't a different QB I would want leading this team right now, faults and all.

Zowert

Reaction score
This moron that wrote the bleacher report article on Russ is just a scared Falcons fan. He knows Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch are going to work the Falcon's defense this Sunday...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":31vezhw6 said:
Did I read somewhere in this thread that Wilson "has to stay in the pocket more" ???

Why exactly?

One of the big positives to his game, and one of the reasons his height is a non issue, is because he can break contain, allow long developing routes to develop and find passing lanes. He's also such a dynamic runner, why would you want to limit his opportunity to break off a big gain? Forcing him to stay in the pocket would be like forcing Peyton Manning to run the read option.

He's over throw receivers ever since his NC State days. It's something we'll have to live with.

Definitely.

And I'd rather he overthrow than underthrow.

hawker84

Reaction score
The Radish":1nqm5cuk said:

i agree Radish 100%... that was certainly not his best game.. yes he was pressured alot and yes he made some big plays with his legs, but those big passes were more great catches by our recievers as apposed to great throws... 1st playoff game i'll take his performance.. as we all know, he learned from it and will be better sunday....