Hawks Sign Patrick Chukwurah replacing Clem

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
5% body fat at 250lbs?

That's some hard work he does in the gym. No surprise he's a personal trainer.

Not like there was a ton of elite DE's knocking around. Maybin and Edwards are 'name' players but there's a reason they aren't in the league.

ensett

Reaction score
purpleworld":6t13xkqq said:
Shows P.C. and J.S. put a premium on speed above other things....

Hes sure to take over Irvins old spot on the defense. We are gonna ask this guy to do nothing other than rush the passer. It makes sense in this situation

GoHawks

Reaction score
Davis Hsu‏@DavisHsuSeattle

basically a 250lb man with 5% body fat has same amount of muscle as 270lb man with 12% body fat.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Fox0r":20fggpb5 said:
People reacted the same way when we signed Brandon Browner. Trust the FO.

Yip. The biggest doubts are the best moves PC-JS does.

I won't lie i feel wierd about this pick up... but they have yet to prove me wrong.

oasis

Reaction score
He played for Gus Bradley, he's fast, he's mean-looking, he's got that body-fat thing going on, I smell a Bruce Irvin 2.0. I smell championship. Dunno why I love this move so much.

zayden185

Reaction score
Barthawk":1126k9el said:
FlyingGreg":1126k9el said:
RockinHawks":1126k9el said:
C'mon...why not Ray Edwards???

Because Edwards isn't that good.

Yep... because if he still had anything left, he would be on the Falcons.. they are still paying him to NOT play

Said he was toxic in locker room. That's why he was cut in atlanta

Starrman44

Reaction score
I think it's the deal where they are going to maximize his strength and minimize his weaknesses. Bradley sounds like he has familiarity with him. At least you can kind of see what they are thinking.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but do you guys think Chukwurah will take Clem's spot? Or will Bruce take Clem's spot and Chukwurah take Irvin's spot as more of a situational guy?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":2i5glxbj said:
Probably a stupid question, but do you guys think Chukwurah will take Clem's spot? Or will Bruce take Clem's spot and Chukwurah take Irvin's spot as more of a situational guy?

I'd assume every spot. Maybe even Russell Wilson's.

razgriz737

Reaction score
pehawk":nut6bn6g said:
razgriz737":nut6bn6g said:

Well, this makes the Ryan Longwell signing a bit of a head scratcher.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":1d54h8u8 said:
pehawk":1d54h8u8 said:
razgriz737":1d54h8u8 said:

Well, this makes the Ryan Longwell signing a bit of a head scratcher.

Does it? Chukwurah can line up to kick, take a direct snap, then can either perform a dropkick OR coffin corner punt. The Falcons are screwed now that the Seahawks signed the NEW Nigerian Nightmare (Sister Christian Okoye texted me permission to use that).

Greenhell

Reaction score
I remember him last playing for Denver. He was either pressuring the QB or around the ball. Trust in PC/JS

Shock2k

Reaction score
Well this guy should definatley have the fire. (plus a 250lb chip on his shoulder).

Played Linebacker though, I haven't seen where he's played d-end.

sliv

Reaction score
How cool would that phone call be? Hey Chuck this is John shcneider GM for the Seattle Seahawks we are trying out pass rushers for the divisional playoff game in Atlanta next week are you available?

Shock2k

Reaction score
Seriously on any other team with most other GM's, would you be excited about this or be saying you guys are insane? But for some reason you trust that he actually "won" the job.

gadgor

Reaction score
Next Raheem Brock. And he made a few plays here and there in the playoffs a couple years ago.

mikeak

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he won the job I expect zero snaps in Sunday and if he actually shows somethin that he didn't show FOUR years ago.... Then a few snaps the week after that.

Good for him should get some $25k or so if on the team

GoHawks

Reaction score
No disrespect to Mr Longwell, but I'm pretty sure Russell Sprouts can handle the kicking duties in addition to his normal assignments