Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: DTs
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:18 pm 
NET Practice Squad

I think it's obvious that there is a need for more interior pass rush on the Seahawks. A lot of names have been thrown around, and I encourage you all to throw in any that you have in mind.

Mine is Margus Hunt, SMU. He's naturally a DE, but plays the interior often in different packages and is a physical freak. 6'8, 200 something pounds. He just started playing football a few years ago and the NFL is high on him. Definition of disruptive. I hope he's a first or second round pick. Imagine what Carroll can turn him into?

Post subject: Re: DTs
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:49 pm 
NET Veteran

Unfortunately Sheldon Richardson will probably be drafted in the top 15-20 picks. 3-Tech's are in fairly short supply thereafter. Assuming the Seahawks can be patient in their 3-tech search, one of these guys could possibly fit the bill after the first round, especially Sutton.

1. Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State: Despite struggling with a knee injury during the second half of the season, Sutton totaled an eye-popping 10.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss besides breaking up 5 passes. The junior is undersized, but uses his natural leverage and quick first step to blow by opponents. Sutton projects as a three-technique tackle at the next level. Projected as a 3rd round pick.

2. Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green: the all-Conference defender has a combined 21 sacks and 33 tackles for loss the past two seasons. He's an explosive but slightly undersized interior lineman who projects as a three-technique tackle for the next level. Projected as a 6th round pick. (sleeper=? 12.5 sacks, 19-TFL last season, also he was selected MAC- DPOY.)

3. Quanterus Smith, DE-OLB, Western Kentucky: Smith was moving up draft boards before being sidelined with a knee injury late in November. He's an athletic pass rusher with the ability to make plays in backside pursuit. Smith consistently disrupts the action behind the line of scrimmage, a skill which has NFL scouts intrigued. Projected as a 6th/7th round pick (falling in draft due to injury).

Note: If the Seahawks don't wind up with one of the top WR's in the first round or two, my choice would be to look at Da'Rick Rogers in round 3 if he's available, he's fallen due to character issues (just pot) but should be coachable and really is a first round talent with great size/speed/stats IMO.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

Hopefully Chris Jones can get a senior bowl invite so that evaluators can see how he looks against top competition. He didn't blow me away when I watched the video below, and he'd need to if he wanted to impress while playing his games in the MAC. I did like how he shows very active arms and a high motor, but I don't think that alone will be enough to make a difference in the NFL. Great 3 techs are very rare, and the few out there looked DOMINANT in college. Even Geno Atkins looked dominant at times (especially his senior bowl).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 am 
NET Rookie

We definitely need better pass rush up the middle so the opposing qb cant step up. Dont keep up with college football so hopefully we draft someone good

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am 
NET Veteran

Notre Dame (DT) Kapron Lewis-Moore 6-4 306 lbs: He isn't a pass rushing force, but he is a solid all-around d-lineman. Kapron could play at the 3-tech and 5-tech for us. He is a solid all-around d-lineman and he is a mid-round prospect.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 am 
* NET Nobody *

Some info on Chris Jones

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/chris-jones?id=2539987

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 am 
NET Veteran

Will Sutton is going back to school.....

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:10 am 
NET Starter

How about Joe Kruger from Utah? Could he help as a backup to Red and a stand up DT on passing downs? I am assuming he could be had in the middle of the draft or later.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]