Dan Snyder ruined his Franchise QB

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":j789wmtb said:
Sarlacc83":j789wmtb said:
You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

Which pleases me greatly.

It looks to me like exactly the opposite. Shanahan gambled that Snyder's favorite son could pull off the heroic win, probably at least in part because that's exactly what Snyder wanted. No way you go against the boss's wishes in a gamble. If you win, hey, you got lucky and you don't know if you would have won otherwise anyway. And if you lose, you made absolutely the wrong decision, and the fact that you might have lost worse isn't even considered.

Re-reading it, I think you're right. I misread a couple of things, and I figured Shanahan wasn't the type of coach to let Snyder push him around. Your intepretation makes a lot more sense.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":26g2urh7 said:
Sarlacc83":26g2urh7 said:
You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

Which pleases me greatly.

It looks to me like exactly the opposite. Shanahan gambled that Snyder's favorite son could pull off the heroic win, probably at least in part because that's exactly what Snyder wanted. No way you go against the boss's wishes in a gamble. If you win, hey, you got lucky and you don't know if you would have won otherwise anyway. And if you lose, you made absolutely the wrong decision, and the fact that you might have lost worse isn't even considered.

This is what I meant. Before the Seattle game, there were sources saying our front office was mulling giving Shanahan an extension on his contract beyond the 5 years (of which he's finishing year 3).

I don't think he lets Snyder walk over him, but taking out RGIII with RGIII protesting, then say we lose the game as well...I think maybe Snyder would have blamed him.

As it stands with RGIII hurt, I doubt he gets extended anytime soon anyways. So in hindsight, we should have put Collins in much earlier.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
H4WKSF4N":vkg98i4w said:
Saw a comment blaming Dr. James Andrews for putting doubt in Griffin's mind. I like to listen to other people's opinions but hard to understand how some people 'think'.
The doctor guy was covering his own ass by releasing a public statement and getting it on the record. He knew RG3 shouldn't be out there. Of course the player is always gonna want to play. Shannahan should be fired.