Pick your Poison

mikeak

Reaction score
1) AP is not the most violent runner - no way. I will give him best runner without a discussion but Lynch runs over and through people in a way that AP doesn't. Doesn't mean Lynch's style is better just that it is extremely physical and if he gets into open space then watch out because it is going to HURT. You don't say that when you see AP. This is not a disrespect to AP just a different style

2) Agree on your wideouts - they are great. Agree on Gonzales - he is great. We will play man-to-man on your two WRs and it will be very interesting. I think we will get beat for 1-2 TD's this way but I also think we will shut down the running game so that will be a wash. The benefit to us is you will have some quick strikes and you will have some quick 3 and outs. I don't expect sustained 5-8 minute drives by Atlanta. Gonzales will be the difference make in moving the chains on 3rd down and I think the game comes down to him catching 12 balls or him catching 3/4.........

3) Seattle will keep your defense on the field. They will power run, option run, pass and move the chains. There will be some long sustained drives. Game calling has been leading up to this all year long and there will be a complete mix of 2 yard plays up to 80 yard plays

I don't know who will win. I expect a close game. I think Seahawks wins 31-27. I expect 2 int's from Matt Ryan and one from RW. I think Wilson will get 5 or 6 first downs with his legs and most of those in 3rd down situations......

DericLee

Reaction score
Fibonacci":z52jh3ko said:
SeaChase":z52jh3ko said:
Those stats didnt help you win the last few playoff games have they?

nope not one stinking bit.

but at that time we faced teams who went to Sb or won it.

Sounds good to me.

keepertd

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":cbp77sbf said:
ensett":cbp77sbf said:
The facts are, the falcons are one of the worst rushing teams. Offensively and defensively. They are one of the worst in the league at sacking their opponent, they give up way too many yards, and their only strength (their passing game) is now playing arguably the best secondary in the league..

Their leading pass rusher, Abraham, is also coming off an ankle injury. Add to that he just celebrated his 68th birthday and I like our chances!

:lol: but seriously though...when was the last time he played healthy?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1wwswqwr said:
Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

That was my first thought after we put the Redskins to bed. Browner can be burnt on those stop and go's which lead us back to our mostly invisible pass rush. We have got to put pressure on Ryan, he simply cannot have all day to throw back there.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Let's just face it folks... These guys have brought way too much with them... The Hawks shouldn't even bother flying down. After all, there is just too much "We got this, we got that and we do this WELL, ALOT". I for one am scared now.

Wait.... What? The game is actually played on the field? OH SNAP!!!!! Now they really don't stand a chance!!!

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
OrFan":nacpce6w said:
Our db's are good enough to handle your receivers.

The run game does not really scare me at all.

The one thing people have brought up is Tony Gonzales, how will we handle him? We have a guy who specializes in big pass catching tight ends. Kam Chancellor hit Whitten, the best pass catching TE in the game, early and very hard. He was basically useless the rest of the way. SF thought they had a great pass catching TE in Vernon Davis. Chancellor hit him hard and he was off to la la land the rest of the game. He just seems to enjoy finding these type of guys and making them a non factor.

Your run defense is very suspect and that sets us up perfectly. Run Lynch and Turbin early and often, Wilson rolls out and makes perfect passes, and then when you get a feel for that he burns you with the run as well.

I think we match up pretty well actually. Here is to a good game and Wilson continuing winning the big games, as Matt Ryan continues his proven effectiveness in the playoffs with yet another loss when it counts to add to his resume.

no offense but I would be a little worried. seems the only team you faced who anything close to us, was NE with llyod/welker. and you put a mean hit on welker...but welker did hold onto the ball, and our know our guys will too. because it has happened a lot and they get back up laughing about it. roddy has had a ton of head to head hits and kept position and got back up laughing....also roddy has played every single game in his career.
- also in that game welker/lloyd performed well.

as for witten....he was coming off of an injury. Gonzalez has never been afraid and no offense he has faced bigger LB. heck once again I'll mention, our RB who is not performing well took out Ray Lewis on a play.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
iigakusei":3rjjuqpw said:
The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.
I have watched a few Atlanta games this year and Turner looks terrible...he is soooooo slow. Rodgers is a much bigger threat.
If I was Atlanta I would be targeting Rodgers and Gonzalez a lot.
yeah stupid TURNER

but turner does have 11 TD's. while Lynch has 12.
- turner is still a threat in the endzone.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":1yarvivu said:
Throwdown":1yarvivu said:
Imma get blasted for this, I just know it. But I'm cringing at the thought of Julio Jones vs Browner.

That was my first thought after we put the Redskins to bed. Browner can be burnt on those stop and go's which lead us back to our mostly invisible pass rush. We have got to put pressure on Ryan, he simply cannot have all day to throw back there.

thanks. I knew I would be finding honest fans here. I know Falcons have our bad sides.
heck ryan gave up 230 on loss of yardage in sacks.
heck Turner is nothing like he used to be. I know he had a decrease in carries....but was not aware he come out just tippy toeing on everything.

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":4d5td5yf said:
Fib, you seem a knowledgeable fellow so I'll keep this civil.

You're going to shit your pants on Sunday if you think the Defense isn't the best you've faced all year.
LOL thanks for being civil. :thirishdrinkers:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Its a good offense, no doubt. Who was the toughest defense they played? The hawks present a unique challenge for most teams because they really are bigger, faster and stronger than most everyone else. I am excited to see who comes out on top.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Fibonacci":2fqpvm86 said:
iigakusei":2fqpvm86 said:
The Falcons will throw, throw and throw some more....they have no rushing attack.
I have watched a few Atlanta games this year and Turner looks terrible...he is soooooo slow. Rodgers is a much bigger threat.
yeah stupid TURNER

You can't possibly be using TD's as a measurement of a RB's succes...right?

Lynch outgained Turner by 800 YARDS.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
This is by far the nastiest defense Atlanta has seen all year

aawolf

Reaction score
Having seen a number of Atlanta games this year, the Seahawks best defense in this game is going to be clock-management and effective, long, plodding scoring drives that keeps Atlanta off the feild. We need to score on these long drives and force Atlanta into playing from behind. Thats when they are not as sharp and their recievers aren't as effective--trying to force things down feild. If you allow Ryan to dink and dunk to their quick recievers/backs/tight-end, then they could control the game. This strategy worked against Tom Brady and the Pats, and it should work against Ryan and the Falcons.

Also, if they get in the red-zone, it is truly pick-your-poison, as Turner can score if defenses over-play the pass. He has 11 TDs this year and has been effective in the red-zone (I know because he was on my fanasy team and delivered week-to-week with short-yardage TDs though he never put up average yards).

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":300jvt97 said:
Its a good offense, no doubt. Who was the toughest defense they played? The hawks present a unique challenge for most teams because they really are bigger, faster and stronger than most everyone else. I am excited to see who comes out on top.
Giants had a good D....at least the media and stats said so. but after that game all the media started saying the Giants were no bodies for some odd reason.

SirTed

Reaction score
I'm really worried about White and / or Jones.

Falcon Guy - If you had to put your #1 corner on one of them, which would it be?

I'm struggling with the idea of Browner matched up with either of them. I LOVE Browner, but he'll struggle to "out physical" either of these guys, so he'll be needing a LOT of help with his guy. This means Sherman will likely be on an island with the other - I like that match up ALOT over the course of the game but Sherman can't be perfect. Plus this will also leave less help for Wright and or Chancellor on Gonzo.

Hawks O is going to have to BRING IT (which I think they will).

iigakusei

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":13gtoucb said:
Fibonacci":13gtoucb said:
iigakusei":13gtoucb said:
yeah stupid TURNER

Your team has a potent offense....but it is much scarier when Rodgers is on the field. Turner is basically TJ Duckett at this point in his career. Please don't compare Turner to Lynch...that is like me saying Golden Tate is a better WR than Roddy White....they have the same amount of TD's.

hawker84

Reaction score
FOGHORN":2mhfvc35 said:
@ Peaches. . good post and understandable coming from a Seahawks fan. No disrespect to Lynch, but Adrian Peterson is the most violent runner in the league. As evidenced by his league leading yards after contact.

Keep in mind our #2 receiver is a #1 on almost all the other teams in the NFL. Seahawks have faced some great passing attacks but this team has almost 3 1000 yard receivers.

Going to be a great game regardless. Both teams will come to play and leave it all on the field.

i'll agree, Julio and White are fantastic no doubt and they like to play physical, so do our dB's and i don't think anybody will argue they're the best at it... i also read on this same post, but on your board where you stated they are not that fast especially browner.. truth be told browner is faster than sherman, if you watched the vikings game, browner caught AP from behind to prevent a TD, all be it AP was running out of steam, but he did walk him down.. don't be fooled by what you saw on sunday, he's rusty for sure, but he is not slow, neither is sherman... will be a tough battle indeed, and i'd imagine both will make some plays as will Gonzales.

but i think we can make you one dementional, because turner is not a threat unless you're in the red zone, the other back does concern me as a reciever out of the back field, but we've been playing that fairly well lately.. it'll be a tough test, but we're built to compete with teams like yours, so it's going to come down to who competes and makes the most plays on D IMO

OP
OP
F

Fibonacci

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ed58wom said:
Fibonacci":1ed58wom said:
iigakusei":1ed58wom said:
yeah stupid TURNER

no I am not doing that....I'm saying he is a redzone threat.

ensett

Reaction score
I dont agree that TDs make him a redzone threat. Hes fat, hes slow, he has no moves, hes averaged 3 yards per carry the 2nd half of the season. He is so bad that its embarrassing. Its cute that he gets touchdowns and all, but hes only getting them because hes getting a lot of opportunities.