Alabama vs Notre Dame.. who ya got?

sturg78

Reaction score
JSeahawks":347ul1ir said:
LeBron James ‏@KingJames

I blame the BCS for this! Call Oregon and get them on a plane to Miami please!

seconded

knownone

Reaction score
Yes! Bring Oregon! Then the score would be 42-14...

CPHawk

Reaction score
knownone":1pqjs6wi said:

Oregon is a lot like the Seahawks, they don't get blown out. The D is actually pretty good, especially if the O is being slowed down.

DonovanJM

Reaction score
CPHawk":1rs4d6yy said:
knownone":1rs4d6yy said:

Oregon is a lot like the Seahawks, they don't get blown out. The D is actually pretty good, especially if the O is being slowed down.

The problem is that they have trouble against huge offensive and defensive lines. They seem to be able to deal with Stanford and USC's lines but have trouble when the other team has a month to get ready. That's my only beef with Chip is that he either refuses to go big on the lines or can't get the guys to commit. I don't know.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Alabama aren't invincible, Texas A&M and Georgia proved that.

It's just that this Notre Dame team was so hopelessly under-qualified to play in this title game. A completely predictable thrashing.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
DonovanJM":3s21k24t said:
CPHawk":3s21k24t said:
The problem is that they have trouble against huge offensive and defensive lines. They seem to be able to deal with Stanford and USC's lines but have trouble when the other team has a month to get ready. That's my only beef with Chip is that he either refuses to go big on the lines or can't get the guys to commit. I don't know.

This Alabama d'line is nothing like teh LSU d'line we faced or the Auburn d'line we faced with Fairley. Or the Stanford front 7. I think Oregon could have moved the ball and scored really well on them... just like A&M did.

Alabama's offensive line is pretty damn good though and our D might have had a hard time stopping them. Although I feel our D has actually played better then our O traditionally in the big games... so i dont think they would be overwhelmed.

I dont know if the Ducks would have won or not (if i had to guess i'd say this years alabama would beat this years Oregon 60% of the time) but I guarantee you we would have been much more competetive then ND.

DonovanJM

Reaction score
I agree Oregon would have been more competitive I just wish we had more meat on the lines. It would make me less nervous in the bigger games.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Our Dline is actually pretty stout. Armstead 6'8 285, Ricky H 6'5 315 and wade K 6'3 300 that was our starters vs kstate.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lets not pretend. Lacy would have eaten up that Oregon line. It would have been a better game, but to hang with the SEC you have to play some front line D for 60.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
DonovanJM":3at1jn5l said:
CPHawk":3at1jn5l said:
knownone":3at1jn5l said:

Oregon requires a leaner offensive line because of how fast they move the ball. It works to their advantage when a bigger defensive line starts to wear out and the Ducks are still going strong, but in a game against a team like Alabama, they might not have had time to work that.

And after watching Mariota against Stanford, I'm not convinced he's ready for the SEC. Damn shame the Ducks lost, though, because they would have gotten Notre Dame.

Latest posts