Congrats to Notre Dame

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":39vcvkeh said:
If you're not sold on a team that barely beat BYU and needed 3 overtimes to beat a Pitt team that lost to a SIXTH PLACE FCS squad.. who can you be sold on?

Bama is going to destroy them.

Just trying to do my part to help... but if we've learned one thing, it is NOT, absolutely NOT to mention any other team in particular F'ING BYU in a Notre Dame thread, or Redeye will threaten you and make asinine posts defending his Harlem Globetrotters, err I mean Fightin' Ireesh.

I learned that lesson, and now I'm super duper afraid to post here because he is going to virtually yell at me to an excessive extent. Feel free to peruse the thread for examples of me suggesting The Globetrotter overrated-ness and using BYU as an example. He went crazy and started screaming "YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" and probably ripping off his shirt and beating his chest while flipping over furniture.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I hope they play Georgia. This Alabama team isn't as dominant as the past Alabama teams. Georgia would be the better opponent. If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SEC FAN":1l9hnvtn said:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.

He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":pwbka1y5 said:
SEC FAN":pwbka1y5 said:
If Richt is going to do it than this is the season, plus he gets to play Alabama in his back yard.

He got to play LSU in his back yard last year and lost 42-10.

GA - ALA this year

GA - LSU last year

no correlation.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1q5gp3cd said:
Of course there's correlation. Alabama this year and LSU from last year compare quite favourably.

Not saying Georgia are going to get a battering again, but home advantage last year gave the Bulldogs zero edge.

Georgia was actually winning last years game at halftime and they were totally outmatched by LSU last year. I think playing at home did actually help them for a while. As for comparing LSU to Alabama. The offenses are totally different. QB's are way different. Jordan Jefferson was a running style QB and McCarron is a passer. Lacy and Yeldon are way more dynamic in comparison to what LSU had last year, its not even close. Defensively the teams are similar. It doesn't matter though because Georgia looks like a better team then last year but Alabama is one of those teams that always tends to keep getting better as the season goes on.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":330w731h said:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

:th2thumbs:

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2dyet96u said:
SuperHawks":2dyet96u said:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Congrats. How's it feel to be right for a change?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
SuperHawks":3nehp1n0 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3nehp1n0 said:
SuperHawks":3nehp1n0 said:

Eat your crow like a big boy now.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SuperHawks":k93cgl0y said:
theENGLISHseahawk":k93cgl0y said:
SuperHawks":k93cgl0y said:

Maybe the question should be... How does it feel to be wrong after calling everyone blissfully ignorant?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Oh wait... no I don't. Sorry to be so right, but I could see this one coming a looooooong time ago. Shrugging shoulders.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":2acefr2r said:
Guess we'll all find out a month from now.

Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!

SuperHawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1gyeh5yk said:
SuperHawks":1gyeh5yk said:

Did all of us "haters" find out anything? What about you? Did you learn anything new today? Can you say "worst team in a championship game ever?" I knew you could. Have a terrifical day!

Big man talking shit after the game. You're cool dude.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SuperHawks":eqtrwytd said:
SharkHawk":eqtrwytd said:
SuperHawks":eqtrwytd said:

Yes, because you shooting your mouth off, constantly, before the game is so much more manly. You are a big mouth with nothing to back it up, ever. Take your lumps like an adult, not a Redskins fan.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
NM. Not worth it. Enjoy being right boys. Hope it made all your dreams come true.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":1u9qtjzs said:
SharkHawk":1u9qtjzs said:
SuperHawks":1u9qtjzs said:

I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":36a3w85t said:
SuperHawks":36a3w85t said:
SharkHawk":36a3w85t said:
SuperHawks said:

I spoke up on what I thought would happen a full MONTH BEFORE THE GAME. You shot off YOUR mouth and said how wrong we are and we were just "haters". You said we'd all find out a month from now. So what did YOU find out? I found out that what I said was 100% correct, and you were incorrect. I wasn't hating. This isn't new. This was a prediction based on evidence that I had seen. You disagreed.

So I'm not a "big man talking shit after the game". I'm revisiting an earlier conversation of a month ago where you were "talking shit" and going off on anybody and everybody and were being a "big man" BEFORE the game to all of us who disagreed with you and Redeye81. I'm wondering if you have come to the conclusion that we were right in what we said a month ago. Many of us said it. I was firmly behind it with valid points and was laughed off the board and labeled a "hater". I don't hate Notre Dame. I just don't think they had any business being in that game or are anywhere near #1 quality, and my argument was for a true playoff because I felt they were a very average team. That isn't "talking shit" or trying to be a "big man" it is a questioning of your reasoning for believing what you clearly believed, with NO evidence. I was right. I am hoping you'll see that a playoff system is better because this system is geared toward certain teams and let Notre Dame into a game they had no business being in, just as I said. They were average at best. Great response calling me a "cool dude". That's legendary. Have a fun evening.

Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":2l68raeh said:
I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.

Pssst. SEC, man.

I know people get all bent out of shape over SEC "fanboys," but at some point, the results have to carry some weight, right? It's not just a bunch of redneck bias. The SEC is dominant, folks.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
[/quote]

Fair enough. I'm pretty irrational right now I must admit. I have to ask though, do you think there is any team in America that could have competed with these guys tonight? They're an unstoppable force.[/quote]

See, that's the point... I'm not in favor of this system at all, so it is kind of a moot point. But I did see a Texas A&M team beat Alabama earlier in the year. I feel a playoff would have sorted this out nicely. Who knows. Maybe Notre Dame goes in as the #1 seed and plays a #8 seed and still advances to the title game. Great for them. But we have a better idea if there is a common tourney format that awards all teams who belong there (and yes, this year that would most definitely include Notre Dame, as they finished the polls at #1). I think with a couple of more games, we'd get a better matchup.

I think Oregon could have beaten Alabama. I think Texas A&M could again. I think that teams in their own conference have shown that on certain days they can hang with them just fine (LSU could have gotten hot and won a spot into the title game with a playoff... who knows?!).

I mentioned BYU and I'll stand by that. They stunk. They outplayed Notre Dame for the majority of the game, with the exception of one dropped pass that cost them that game. BYU is NOT good. So it's a fluke. But Pitt did the same, so that is where I said, "Sorry, this is not a fluke... Notre Dame isn't that great." I certainly congratulate them on their year. As said before I'm friends with those in the Te'o family and extended family and he's one of my favorite players to ever suit up in college football. I mean that. I am sad that he went out like that, because it was embarrassing. But the fact remains that as long as we keep having this system where it is SEC #1 against some other team from elsewhere then the SEC will continue to win because of their conference and its ability to recruit and the number of TV games, etc. The system favors them.

Oh, I think Ohio State could have beaten them as well, but they weren't bowl eligible. I digress though. I think it's better for your team (Notre Dame) and all teams to be in a playoff. They roll through that playoff and gain even more momentum and solidify their offense a bit more (they have a young O) then they may be ready by the time that national championship game comes. But their independent schedule and the fact that they've not played in a month didn't help them. They were a team that was building momentum and then have to sit and wait for over a month to play one last game and it just didn't look or feel right. See where I'm coming from? I didn't hate on Notre Dame from the outset that I recall. I just felt the system was flawed and rewarded them for its flaw. Don't get me wrong. They have EVERY right to be there. 100% you guys that support them are right. They deserved to be in that game. They beat every opponent. It's hard to do. But without a conference schedule, with the building of superconferences, with the mess that is the BCS, etc. I think a playoff makes more sense. I just didn't feel Notre Dame would win, that's all I stated and I felt attacked, and I'm certain you guys felt disrespected. I apologize for raining on your parade. My need to be right took away from your enjoyment of celebrating your team and their accomplishment. I feel like a jerk about it to be honest. But... in looking back, it was true and that is an indictment on the NCAA/BCS/TV Networks/Bowls/Sponsors. That is NOT an indictment on you as a Notre Dame fan or Redeye81 as a Notre Dame fan. You have every reason to be excited and to be proud of your team. The system they were playing in just set them up for a failure and that's too bad. If the season ends without bowls, then they are national champs. If the season goes to a playoff then maybe they are still national champ. But to me, they weren't built to play and then wait for a month and meet up with the SEC champ who had already played in a huge game and won to earn the right. Notre Dame just waited for their opponent and got "cold" so to speak or were exposed for not being that great. Either way, it is a poor ending to the season for fans of every team but Alabama in that regard and that pretty much sucks, because to me it is totally anti-climactic.