Some Quick Hits...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
-- Re-watching the game tonight...Man, that Lynch TD...That was the sickest ankle-breaking move I have seen all year. I had to rewatch that like 10 times.

-- I would HATE Browner if he was playing against us. In fact, I would hate A LOT of our defensive players if they were playing against us. What a fantastic sign that we have ballers on our team that won't take shit from anybody. Kinda makes those days of being called "finesse" (the biggest back-handed compliment you can receive in the NFL) seem like centuries ago.

-- That Sidney Rice catch that was first called out of bounds was a thing of beauty. As in Lynn Swann beauty. Yeah, he raises his hands in the air when he's wide open (like on that one play Russ ran a huge gain) and pouts a bit but the guy is a true stud. And to think we once thought he was brittle.

-- Normally I hate Joe Buck. Aikman I haven't had much of an issue with through the years. Actually, I have found him to be quite fair to us. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the constant accolades from them both all game long. A refreshing change from the usual one-sided BS you otherwise hear.

-- When Lynch fumbled on the goal line, I honestly thought the game was over. I thought that was the sign that the Redskins would win. I need to take my Russell Wilson doll out and light some candles and pray his forgiveness.

-- When I first saw Trent Williams smack Sherman in the face, I was livid. Then I sat back and thought about it a bit more. Here's one of their only Pro Bowlers...Pissed off after a disheartening loss at home. Sherman is clearly a mouthy sort. Nobody can argue that. In the end, I just saw a warrior releasing stress onto another warrior after the battle was decided. I was happy to hear that both of them were cool with each other hours later. I hope the NFL lets it slide but I doubt they will.

-- I freakin' LOVE our new helmets!!! Nike struck gold with that matte finish on the side but the kick-ass gloss striping down the top. Blows any other NFL helmet away to the point that the Seahawks look like the only team that has an NFL helmet from the 21st Century.

-- Speaking of looks, did I ever doubt the road white uni's? YES! Will I ever doubt the road white's ever again? NO!

-- McCoy makes me nervous every time the ball is thrown his way. I think he is the weak link on our offense.

-- Soooo, the Redskins had 85,000 fans in attendance, right? Yet they didn't even come CLOSE to sounding like 67,000 of the 12th Man on their worst day. Do I have that right?

-- Doug Baldwin smiled last night in a post-game interview. Feels like I saw a UFO.

-- Is it me or does this entire team have an unprecedented focus for such a young team? For all the shit Pete has taken over the past few years for being "Rah-Rah", this team has completely bought every paradigm he delivers and then some. Compete. I'm In. Suck It Harbaugh, and other paradigms...

-- Is it me or do you feel like we can win ANY game with Russell Wilson leading the charge?

-- Right now, as most of you are either drunk, or at work reading these words, Russell Wilson has been game planning for the Falcons for the past 12 hours or more.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Aros":28be3vni said:
-- Is it me or do you feel like we can win ANY game with Russell Wilson leading the charge?

-- Right now, as most of you are either drunk, or at work reading these words, Russell Wilson has been game planning for the Falcons for the past 12 hours or more.

Agree with pretty much everything, but the two I've highlighted in the quote, are what makes me SOOOOOOOOOO damned excited for our future with this kid.

ever since the halfway point of the season roughly, it just feels like we can win any game, no matter who the opponent. Doesn't mean we will win them all, thats just silly. but its always possible now. No more "oh god we have to play them, this is gonna suck"

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":25z2n0s6 said:
Wait. Is our window open?

I would have to saaaaayy.... yes.

Great post, Todd. Agree on all accounts. Goddam I love this team.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
bestfightstory":zk11kco8 said:
Wait. Is our window open?

No. It's just a dream. When you wake up Ken Behring is still owner and moving the team to LA.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Miller yes! And one more thing I forgot to mention...

I have been loving all the post game highlight shows, ESPN, NFL Network, et al...But what has made me the most giddy is...

NFL Primetime with Chris Berman!! Having him breakdown the Seahawks victory OLD SCHOOL NFL Primetime style has been the absolute highlight of my evening!!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":ot87vsyb said:
--

I can never sleep after a Seahawks game. Just for kicks I was over on a Cowboys message board reading thru their game thread and one of the posts literally made me lol:

"Wilson is a better, cooler, more poised, more athletic, smarter, tougher, awesomer version of Romo."

Then another quote:

"Give me a team with 53 Russell Wilsons and i'll show you the classiest team in teh NFL."

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sleep is for losers. Russell Wilson never sleeps. Right now he's picking the Falcon's tendencies TO PIECES.

(PS, LOL on that Cowboys forum find, JS..)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":198l308l said:
-- Soooo, the Redskins had 85,000 fans in attendance, right? Yet they didn't even come CLOSE to sounding like 67,000 of the 12th Man on their worst day. Do I have that right?

To be fair, like 40% of the seats at that stadium are further away than the worst seats at our house. I was looking at that whole upper deck multiple times thinking "My God, I wonder if they bring binoculars?"

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny...I thought it was a 90,000+ seat house. I heard actual attendance was closer to 84,000. Still, a shitboat of people to be sure, and close or not as close as CLink, they just didn't sound all that loud to me, at least on TV.

One more thing...I always notice that the Seahawk players and Pete go out of their way to give props to their opponent win or lose. Why is it so hard to find sound bytes from the opposing team players and coach acting in kind? All I ever hear out of them is what they did wrong, or all about them...Rarely do I hear props given to us after we beat them.

VHawk

Reaction score
Great post and have said the same thing We can do anything with RW as our QB.All the things we use to never be able to do we are doing now.I have never been so confident and relaxed watching games before.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Aros":4us154hb said:
-- Is it me or do you feel like we can win ANY game with Russell Wilson leading the charge? --

This.

It has been a long time since I can say I have felt this way about the Hawks.

Last night - when they were down by 14 - my wife was commenting how she could feel the negative vibes coming from me.
She was right. I found myself for a moment slipping into the old Hawk mentality of "here we go again...just when I (and others, media, etc.) begin to believe
in the Hawks...they let us down"

But then I saw RW walk onto the field and realized that - even down by 14 - he still believes the Hawks can win.
I realized that this truly isn't the Seahawks of old.

And if RW believes they were still going to win - then so should I.
So I turned my Hawks hat around backwards for the rally - believed - and the rest is history.