Zach Freaking Miller

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Axx":2ngvp0iu said:
i watched Miller today, and he did a great job run blocking.

Anthony McCoy might need to go next year, he nearly cost us the game with a easy drop.

Let's not jump the gun there champ. McCoy did some great things that assisted in getting the team victories as well.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
ariel9302":2m5ol04i said:
Axx":2m5ol04i said:

Anthony McCoy might need to go next year, he nearly cost us the game with a easy drop.
... Zach miller is the freaking man! he got my vote for 'most valuable play', without that first down early I think our entire team craps themselves at that point in the game. after that I think there was a giant, collective breath of fresh air.

I completely agree. I said at that point, 'THAT WAS THE SPARK! That will get the O back on track.' Great game by ZM tonight.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
In sharp contrast to Anthony McCoy, who continued with the dropsies.

makkapakka

Reaction score
Also... it's not often the play-of-the-game comes in the first quarter, but for me it was on the first 3rd down for the 'hawks after they were down 14-0. Miller makes that acrobatic catch, maintains his balance, and fights off two tacklers to extend for the first down. Down 14 if the 'hawks go 3-and-out on that series the game starts to get away from them. That play seemed to give the offense a much needed boost.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Axx":2ne102qd said:

On Marshawn's TD run, Zach Miller turned #56 Perry Riley on his ass with a massive shoulder-to-chest pancake block through him. Good god that was a nasty block. I would love to get an animated gif of that one.

warden

Reaction score
When we first started this Zone blocking scheme and struggling with it under Mora, some ex players /analysts were saying the biggest problem was the the TEs in this scheme. The TEs play a big part of the zone blocking system. Carlson was not getting it. Next year under Mora , the same senerio, ex lineman/players/analyst were saying the biggest problem with the Seahawks attempt at zone blocking was the play of the TE. The whole scheme breaks down when the TE does not do his job. Come the next year, we bring in Zack Miller. Eight games latter, Lynch is running wild and the whole blocking system is working. Miller is a big part of this success. The man earns his pay check. Tom Cable was smart to convince Pete to sign this player.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
warden":2dnss408 said:
When we first started this Zone blocking scheme and struggling with it under Mora, some ex players /analysts were saying the biggest problem was the the TEs in this scheme. The TEs play a big part of the zone blocking system. Carlson was not getting it. Next year under Mora , the same senerio, ex lineman/players/analyst were saying the biggest problem with the Seahawks attempt at zone blocking was the play of the TE. The whole scheme breaks down when the TE does not do his job. Come the next year, we bring in Zack Miller. Eight games latter, Lynch is running wild and the whole blocking system is working. Miller is a big part of this success. The man earns his pay check. Tom Cable was smart to convince Pete to sign this player.
I was not aware of this at all but in hindsight it did click when Miller came on board. Really good post man and if this is indeed true, you can bet your bottom dollar Miller will be a Seahawk next year, contract be damned. Oh, but don't forget some of it was also Marshawn going to Cable and asking for help with what he could do to make it work too. That's been reported on numerous occasions.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That 2 point conversion catch was a thing of beauty too. Pure clutch. He was hammered right when the ball got there, but he held on.

Pure stud today.