Dan Snyder ruined his Franchise QB

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!

The Radish

Reaction score
Put the blame where it belongs,,,,squarely on Rat Boys shoulders. He has a history of running players out there till they drop shortening their careers in the meantime..

One common frame here all week was the Skin fans crying for field turf cause their place is used more than ours and they hate it.

:les:

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
SeatownJay":3pwnvs54 said:
It's more on Shanahan for not pulling him than it is on Snyder.

This. Though I feel the only chance we had to win was with RGIII...it was obvious in the second quarter he needed to come out.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
If the field wasnt screwed up to begin with then no one would of had to deal with any of these horrible injuries. Things like this dont start with the Coach, he has no say so on what conditions the field is in.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2aocqqee said:
Watching the replay of Griffin's knee buckling makes me sick. Good job you moron, your stupid, cheap ass decision to let your field turn into a quagmire probably ruined your best player. Good job by you, fool!

Put some of the blame on RGIII for wanting to stay in the game. Blame doesn't fall to one person.

drastik

Reaction score
LOL at blaming Snyder. C'mon guys.

Good game Seahawks, you outplayed the Redskins. Plain and simple.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Fox0r":3doupsz5 said:
Reaneypark":3doupsz5 said:

Put some of the blame on RGIII for wanting to stay in the game. Blame doesn't fall to one person.

True. But Shanahan is 40 years older than RGIII. Would you expect Wilson to back down and take himself out if under the same circumstances?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Fox0r":26wf0eoh said:
Reaneypark":26wf0eoh said:

As a coach though sometimes you have to take the player out even if he tells you he's fine. I remember a few years ago Gore tried to go back in with his bad hip and Singletary wouldn't let him.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
drastik":z8qik64a said:
LOL at blaming Snyder. C'mon guys.

Good game Seahawks, you outplayed the Redskins. Plain and simple.

So what do you think about it? Seriously?

SirTed

Reaction score
I blame Snyder for a lot. That field contributed to RGIII's injury as well as Clemons. It's bullshit, and I said so when watching that Skins vs. Cowboys game. That's one of the the shittiest fields I've ever seen in the NFL. Pittsburgh has had some bad ones, but I don't think it was as bad as this.

madbohem

Reaction score
There was a point in the game when the injury to RG3 is soley on the coach for keeping him in. Every player wants to play, and even 100% healthy any play can cause a career ending injury... but there was a point when keeping RG3 in was simply dangling his career on a string like a young man's life doesn't matter. And then with all the lies coming out about how Griffen's health was actually monitored, I am just stunned by the whole thing. Clearly trading 3 first round picks away and everything that went with what I saw today... there are people that care far too much about the wrong things.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Not surprised by Bayless' thoughts...surprises Doug Farrar went in on that ass though.

themunn

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":vg2lwtw7 said:
Fox0r":vg2lwtw7 said:
Reaneypark":vg2lwtw7 said:

True. But Shanahan is 40 years older than RGIII. Would you expect Wilson to back down and take himself out if under the same circumstances?

Yes, actually. I mean, like any player he's going to underestimate the damage any injury has done to him, but I think if he's limping back into the huddle for every snap he would tell the coach that he wasn't capable of continuing at the standard expected of him.

Certainly I think Carroll would have pulled him a lot earlier, but we have a very capable backup in Flynn who is (arguably) the strongest backup in the league

H4WKSF4N

Reaction score
Saw a comment blaming Dr. James Andrews for putting doubt in Griffin's mind. I like to listen to other people's opinions but hard to understand how some people 'think'.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Here's another perspective.

Snyder has buddyed up to RGIII much the way he did with Portis. He and his wife had Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas with RGIII and his fiancee the day after the win while RGIII was waiting to cheer on Baylor that Saturday. I think this is kind of weird and it clearly shows favoritism by Snyder towards his "star player". I don't like it at all...Snyder should be AWAY from the team except to sign the paychecks, celebrating the holiday with his family or people his own age, and certainly not appearing to play favorites like he is.

While RGIII isn't a whiner like Portis, Shanahan sees that Snyder has taken him "under his wing" so to speak. He knows what happened to Zorn after Portis began complaining to Snyder about how things were being run.

This makes me wonder...I'm sure Shanahan could have pulled RGIII out for Cousins, and all would be forgiven IF we win the game and advance. But if we don't, you have RGIII saying that he felt like he could have played to the media, that he wants to play. You have a seething Snyder blaming Shanahan for taking out his star QB when he wanted to play as well.

Have to wonder if this was part of Shanahan's reluctance to do anything until it was too late.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":k28sv4a5 said:
Here's another perspective.

Snyder has buddyed up to RGIII much the way he did with Portis. He and his wife had Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas with RGIII and his fiancee the day after the win while RGIII was waiting to cheer on Baylor that Saturday. I think this is kind of weird and it clearly shows favoritism by Snyder towards his "star player". I don't like it at all...Snyder should be AWAY from the team except to sign the paychecks, celebrating the holiday with his family or people his own age, and certainly not appearing to play favorites like he is.

While RGIII isn't a whiner like Portis, Shanahan sees that Snyder has taken him "under his wing" so to speak. He knows what happened to Zorn after Portis began complaining to Snyder about how things were being run.

This makes me wonder...I'm sure Shanahan could have pulled RGIII out for Cousins, and all would be forgiven IF we win the game and advance. But if we don't, you have RGIII saying that he felt like he could have played to the media, that he wants to play. You have a seething Snyder blaming Shanahan for taking out his star QB when he wanted to play as well.

Have to wonder if this was part of Shanahan's reluctance to do anything until it was too late.

You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

Which pleases me greatly.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sarlacc83":36olkx8z said:
You're suggesting Shanahan ultimately wants out of the organization if he's willing to do that.

Which pleases me greatly.

It looks to me like exactly the opposite. Shanahan gambled that Snyder's favorite son could pull off the heroic win, probably at least in part because that's exactly what Snyder wanted. No way you go against the boss's wishes in a gamble. If you win, hey, you got lucky and you don't know if you would have won otherwise anyway. And if you lose, you made absolutely the wrong decision, and the fact that you might have lost worse isn't even considered.