Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: #3 Jersey
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 am 
NET Starter

Was thinking about removing Mirer from my #3 and replacing it with Wilson. Will that ruin the value of the Mirer or increase the value with the Wilson

Post subject: Re: #3 Jersey
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:56 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

Depends.

Are we talking an authentic Wilson (manufacturer) stitched Mirer jersey, or a screen-printed type with a removeable name bar?

If it were me, and the jersey was a high-quality piece, I might just take some duct tape and run it over the "Mirer" and write "Wilson" on the tape. It would get your point across in a sort-of comical way without defacing a historic jersey.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 am 
NET Practice Squad

Is there a way to remove numbers from a jersey? If so how and where and how to get a new number on? Thanks

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 am 
NET Rookie

A Mirer jersey has value?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:05 am 
NET Practice Squad

Grahamhawker wrote:

LOL

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:11 am 
NET Veteran

Grahamhawker wrote:

Yes, but only to a dumpster-diving street urchin suffering from hypothermia.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 am 
NET Veteran

HoustonHawk82 wrote:
Depends.

Are we talking an authentic Wilson (manufacturer) stitched Mirer jersey, or a screen-printed type with a removeable name bar?

If it were me, and the jersey was a high-quality piece, I might just take some duct tape and run it over the "Mirer" and write "Wilson" on the tape. It would get your point across in a sort-of comical way without defacing a historic jersey.

I wouldn't put duct tape on it, I'd be too worried the adhesive would be tough to get off.

Personally, I would just buy a new jersey. I couldn't bring myself to deface an old jersey.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:56 am 
* Dirty Harry *
* Dirty Harry *

Grahamhawker wrote:

I had an absolutely authentic, on-field, Wilson Mirer jersey from 1994, with an NFL 75th anniversary patch and all numbers and letters sewn on, and autographed by Rick himself, that went for $750.00 on eBay about 5 or 6 years ago.

So, yes. If it's the right one.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 am 
* Natural Rubbing Action *

I wouldn't do it at all. Different eras, different uniforms. It'd look weird to have Wilson on a throwback jersey, and people would assume it's Mirer anyway until they saw the name.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 am 
NET Starter

I've got an authentic Hamlin, any way to replace the name tag?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Rookie

I wouldn't mess with it either. It has value as a relic of a Hawk's era gone-by. Get a new one.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]