Kickoffs... Really???

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yes, all you're doing when deferring is saying you'd rather make your choice in the 2nd half than now. So when you defer, 99.9% of the time, you're going to ask for the ball in the second half. But you could conceivably defer to the 2nd half and then the other team could choose to kick to you. I've seen strange things happen when deferring like mentioned above, but it's extremely rare.

formido

Reaction score
Deferring is better for so many reasons. The most important is that possessions later in games are worth more than earlier. Last I checked, research showed that scoring first has neither a positive nor negative effect on winning percentage. Later possessions are worth more for the same reason that going second in college football playoffs is more advantageous: you have more information about what you need to do to win and your opponent has less time to respond. This applies just as much to road games as home games. There's no justification for changing strategy in Washington.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I don't know how it is in Washington dc, but in Seattle, 45% of the crowd is NOT in there seats yet when the other team completes there first drive.
The stadium is at its quietest the first 3 minutes on the clock of the 3rd quarter.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
Now that we have discussed Kickoffs, Let's get this game going!!! 24 hours until somebody kicks off. I'm am so ready to see our Hawks win!
We need a topic, what to do to make 24 hours go by quickly. No "R" rated ideas.
Go Hawks!