It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Moss in the slot against Trufant does give some cause for concern. Garcon and Morgan on the outside, not so much.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You ever notice nine times out of ten it's always the 8th string benchwarmers that talk smack like this? Dude has eight tackles all year.

It's like he woke up yesterday, and was like "damn, I'm probably not going to get to play in our awesome playoff game cause I suck. How do I make people pay attention to me like they are to all our other players?.........I know I'll talk some smack!"

SkinsGuru

Reaction score
Throwdown":1a0dglgu said:
RiggoReincarnated":1a0dglgu said:
Shock2k":1a0dglgu said:
No, but I would have thought he'd say something like "no one receiver may stand out, but they have a balanced attack and we all have to play good disciplined football on Sunday and take their crowd out of the game". Something to that effect.

Riggo, Sherman is just Sherman. He is arguably one of the best, if not the best CB in the league. And as fans, honestly we like his talk, because he does back it up. Realize too, he's gone up against some good recievers this year from some of the best offenses in the NFL. So I don't think you will see anyone here attempt to defend him (because we love ourselves some Sherman). But hey, we will see when he finally gets blown up in a game, if that ever happens.

How do you think he got so good so fast? 5th round draft pick etc. Do you think most people passed him over because 6'3 just isn't typical corner size?

I'm amazed at how well your secondary turned out, given there was relatively little noise about any of them coming into the league.

things like this happen in Seattle since these boys came along and saved us, another 5th rounder thats pretty damn good is Kam Chancellor, oh AND Browner was straight outta the CFL. Don't be so naive, people find starters as UDFA, we just find gems that never would've gotten a shot or would've had move positions because of their size (Browner, Chancellor, and Sherman). Pete Carroll knows what he's doing, I think its time for the rest of the league to notice this, this isn't the same Carroll that got his legs cut out from under him in New England, and this isn't the same guy from the Jets, and might not even be the same guy from USC.

to the bolded part . . . do you mean the cheater?? ;-)

drastik

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":zyctle7d said:
Moss in the slot against Trufant does give some cause for concern. Garcon and Morgan on the outside, not so much.
Garcon is the Redskins biggest weapon in the air.

Sadly he's been injured all season with a nagging foot injury, and the only games he's gotten to fully play in and finish this season have been the last 6.

He's a very dangerous player.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":22kpnlo0 said:
If the Redskins are smart.. they won't try to attack Sherman.

They'll just wait until this guy sees the field:

120910-trufant-480.jpg

You guys act lie Sherman = Revis. Unbeatable. Do you really believe he can't be caught on or beaten?

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2hx9zfpo said:
Hasselbeck":2hx9zfpo said:

120910-trufant-480.jpg

You guys act lie Sherman = Revis. Unbeatable. Do you really believe he can't be caught on or beaten?

He can be beaten, but not easily, and he makes quite a lot of plays.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
hawksfan515":l1sddmqt said:
RiggoReincarnated":l1sddmqt said:
Hasselbeck":l1sddmqt said:

120910-trufant-480.jpg

I see he has 8 INTs - and I can't remember him getting burned in the game last year. Just haven't seen that much film of him...but I guess that's because he doesn't mess up much.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3vp3ml4s said:
Hasselbeck":3vp3ml4s said:

120910-trufant-480.jpg

Even Revis gets beaten, so no, we don't think he's unbeatable. Sherman's got some ways to go...but I can see him taking over once Revis is done as the best CB in the league. Don't just take my word for it...look up his numbers (and no Pro Bowl votes don't matter- see: Deangelo Hall).

themunn

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2gz00g4n said:
Hasselbeck":2gz00g4n said:

120910-trufant-480.jpg

We don't think he's unbeatable. Do we think he's as good as Revis? Well he just put together a season as good as any Revis has ever managed, if not better.
Quarterbacks avoid his side of the field and he STILL snagged 8 interceptions, and his 12 interceptions in 25 starts holds up pretty well considering Revis has 18 career ints. Hell, Sherman's one of 3 players in the last 10 years to record 8 interceptions and 3 FF (Ed Reed and Charles Woodson - who managed it twice - are the other 2).

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":owt1bhma said:

Yes, but y'all are acting like Pierre freakin' Garcon = Jerry Rice. Unguardable. Do you really believe he can't be covered or stopped?

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":1v21i0uf said:
RiggoReincarnated":1v21i0uf said:

Yes, but y'all are acting like Pierre freakin' Garcon = Jerry Rice. Unguardable. Do you really believe he can't be covered or stopped?

I never said that...lol.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":1p3zh8k2 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1p3zh8k2 said:
RiggoReincarnated":1p3zh8k2 said:

I never said that...lol.

They're all just a little skeptical that a player of Garcon's speed can be covered by a player of Sherman's speed. I think Sherman can, if it was that easy to beat Sherman it would've been done already.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2y27fkek said:
RiggoReincarnated":2y27fkek said:
They're all just a little skeptical that a player of Garcon's speed can be covered by a player of Sherman's speed. I think Sherman can, if it was that easy to beat Sherman it would've been done already.
[/quote]

Speed is only one part of the equation...Willie Gault and Renaldo Nemehiah were lousy WRs.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":24goexgn said:
loafoftatupu":24goexgn said:
there are probably hard-core PED's for actual physical growth being used by someone from every team. That idiot knows it.

No doubt - there isn't a satisfactory urine test for HGH, and the NFLPA is fighting tooth and nail against blood testing. Doubt the owners really want it either...game is more marketable when you have athletic freaks across the board.
Really makes a mockery of both sides claims to care for the safety and well being of the players doesn't it? If they had hardcore testing and insured every player was clean, the talent level would decrease across the board - which wouldn't be a bad thing. The NFL was extremely popular back when guys didn't have this stuff to enhance their abilities. All this does is cause more injuries. That's it. Because some get away with it, the truly talented players get screwed.

I'd rather they test ALL players EVERY WEEK for everything.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3lvw7cle said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":3lvw7cle said:
RiggoReincarnated":3lvw7cle said:

Speed is only one part of the equation...Willie Gault and Renaldo Nemehiah were lousy WRs.

Well of course, that's why I think Sherman will be mostly fine. Garcon is a good player in his own right, but he's never faced a player of Sherman's caliber this year, no offense.

HawksFan83

Reaction score
a recievers 40 time is such a stupid stat to go off of for an argument,

Lockette had a great 40 time but could hardly catch a cold.

themunn

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3gap3zu7 said:

If Sherman can cover AJ Green, Megatron & Larry Fitzgerald with no problems I'm sure he'll be fine covering Garcon - he has similar speed to Tate, who Sherman practices against every day

HawksFan83":3gap3zu7 said:
a recievers 40 time is such a stupid stat to go off of for an argument,

Lockette had a great 40 time but could hardly catch a cold.

It's a stupid stat to go off if the receiver can't do the basics - catch a ball and run a route.
But when a receiver can do that, speed makes them totally different receivers to deal with, think Brandon Browner versus Mike Wallace (though I think BB has improved significantly since then, so it wouldn't happen again, but the speed is what made the difference in that game).

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":24k24rib said:
hawksfan515":24k24rib said:
RiggoReincarnated":24k24rib said:

I see he has 8 INTs - and I can't remember him getting burned in the game last year. Just haven't seen that much film of him...but I guess that's because he doesn't mess up much.

He is the best DB in the league this season, bar none. The guy is on fire and RG3 would be insane to throw against him. He has made so many great QBs pay by baiting them into a throw and spearing it out of the air. By the time he retires, Sherman could be Deion Sanders good, and that isn't even a homeristic exaggeration, he is THAT good.