It's on like Donkey Kong; 'Skins DT calls Sherman a cheater

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sherman was Stanfords leading receiver his freshman and softmore years but injured his knee in the fourth game his junior year. Harbaugh wanted Sherman to play through it and get surgery in the offseason but Sherman took advantage of an injury clause that red shirted the year for him so he could return a junior. Unfortunately Harbaugh didn't like that Sherman went against his will and had surgery, even though he would have been risking further injury. So Harbaugh blackballed him and buried Sherman on the depth chart. Sherman decided to ask the DC if he could get a tryout and the DC let him. Because of that Sherman only had one full season at CB and that hurt his draft capitol. Fortunately Pete and John took a chance on him.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3vkpza38 said:
Sherman was Stanfords leading receiver his freshman and softmore years but injured his knee in the fourth game his junior year. Harbaugh wanted Sherman to play through it and get surgery in the offseason but Sherman took advantage of an injury clause that red shirted the year for him so he could return a junior. Unfortunately Harbaugh didn't like that Sherman went against his will and had surgery, even though he would have been risking further injury. So Harbaugh blackballed him and buried Sherman on the depth chart. Sherman decided to ask the DC if he could get a tryout and the DC let him. Because of that Sherman only had one full season at CB and that hurt his draft capitol. Fortunately Pete and John took a chance on him.

I didn't know that...interesting. The more I hear about him, the more I feel his smack talk is also calibrated. He certainly doesn't strike me as a dumb guy if he played as a graduated student at Stanford his final year there.

SkinsfortheWin

Reaction score
Both these corners are good. However I keep saying this. Garcon will be the fastest receiver you guys will ever see. He is faster then RG3. If our offensive line gives RG3 time our receivers can get deep. Garcon, Moss and Robinson all run sub 4.3s in the forty. Sherman is strong and quick but I am curious to see how he covers our speedy receivers. While the most attention goes to receivers like Megatron he is not faster then Garcon. Garcon quite possibly is the leagues fastest man. Just wait and see.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
SkinsfortheWin":3kynygxf said:
Both these corners are good. However I keep saying this. Garcon will be the fastest receiver you guys will ever see. He is faster then RG3. If our offensive line gives RG3 time our receivers can get deep. Garcon, Moss and Robinson all run sub 4.3s in the forty. Sherman is strong and quick but I am curious to see how he covers our speedy receivers. While the most attention goes to receivers like Megatron he is not faster then Garcon. Garcon quite possibly is the leagues fastest man. Just wait and see.

Huh? You mean the Pierre Garcon who ran a 4.48 at the combine? Man, props to him if he's cut .2 off of his 40 time since 2008.

Moss is fast for sure (even though he's lost a step) and we have trouble with speedy slot receivers from time to time, so he and Robinson actually would worry me more than Garcon.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
LOL @ Garcon being the leagues fastest man...

Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Now, back to reality.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
BlueTalon":38rfnb5a said:
They're just pissed because he won his appeal. That, and they're doing the pre-game readying of excuses.
By the time this quote was made, the red potatoes had had lots of film work. They know his avoiding suspension hurts them bad.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SkinsfortheWin":devifufa said:

If he can get off the line cleanly (which is unlikely with how much press coverage we play) I'll be worried, but he's going to get off that line clean at all.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I have a connection here that can tell you about Harbaugh. He is a total ass. I'm surprised Sherm didn't get kicked out of school for breathing without permission. He is an absolute control freak, and his house of cards will cave in on him. His only hope is to win a Super Bowl before it happens. This next 2 years could be his only shot. He'll burn out on how he deals with players and vice-versa and will be a Dale Brown from there on out. That's my prediction.

sc85sis

Reaction score
In my opinion, some scouting staffs (and nearly all pundits) get too entrenched in their thinking as to what makes a good player. They can be guilty of groupthink. Look at what happened here with Aaron Curry. Everyone looked at his measurables and figured he was a slam dunk. Conversely, Green Bay looked at Clay Matthews and saw a kid who'd worked his butt off to go from walk-on to starter at USC and who had some unique skills they could use.

Pete and John take the Green Bay approach. Pete has always done this. They have profiles they use just like all the other teams, but they also look at guys who have something unique and special that can be brought out and developed. They look for what a guy can do, not what he can't.

Sherman was one of Stanford's top receivers, but he and Harbaugh clashed and Harbaugh tossed Sherm to the bottom of the pile. At that point, Sherman switched to CB, just to be able to play and get away from Harbaugh's direct influence. This is only his fourth year at CB, and we're seeing the natural development as he's adjusted to the position. He also uses his knowledge as a receiver to make plays on the ball. And Pete saw his ability, along with the height and the large chip on Sherm's shoulder, and knew he and his staff could develop that talent.

ETA: Pete played safety, and secondary play is his bread and butter as a coach. It's a major part of why Shanahan wanted to hire him as the Broncos DC.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2a39sj2d said:
I have a connection here that can tell you about Harbaugh. He is a total ass. I'm surprised Sherm didn't get kicked out of school for breathing without permission. He is an absolute control freak, and his house of cards will cave in on him. His only hope is to win a Super Bowl before it happens. This next 2 years could be his only shot. He'll burn out on how he deals with players and vice-versa and will be a Dale Brown from there on out. That's my prediction.

And going from a control freak coach in Harbaugh to one of the most famous "players" coaches in Carroll must be like night and day. No wonder Sherm and Baldwin feel the need to rip Harbaugh at every opportunity.

Shock2k

Reaction score
SkinsfortheWin":379i5arr said:

Listen to this man, WAS + GARCON = RECORD(8 - 1)

Shut down Garcon, this team isn't nearly as effective. With Browner on Santana, that leave Hankerson and Morgon. Though (Santana + Hank + Morgan) -NotEqualTo (Garcon).

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3s4wpsyo said:
SharkHawk":3s4wpsyo said:

And going from a control freak coach in Harbaugh to one of the most famous "players" coaches in Carroll must be like night and day. No wonder Sherm and Baldwin feel the need to rip Harbaugh at every opportunity.

I thought the way Alex Smith was treated was reprehensible as well. Sure, you play to win...but Alex Smith was winning and playing his best ball!

Now they are putting a rookie in over a vet that took him to the NFC Championship game last year. You wonder if that hurts team morale at least a little bit.

I hope they get taken out and he has to answer the merciless media frenzy about "what if you had stayed with Alex Smith".

djb28

Reaction score
I can not wait for tomorrows interview on Sherman and Browner on NFL Network. Caught a preview yesterday. Browner said Moss likes to talk a lot as he did in the last meeting, But they just slapped him around a bit. If he wants to talk again we will slap him around some more. LMAO. I was rolling! Of course do not quote me on that. But it was very close.

drastik

Reaction score
djb28":3vpb5k4f said:
I can not wait for tomorrows interview on Sherman and Browner on NFL Network. Caught a preview yesterday. Browner said Moss likes to talk a lot as he did in the last meeting, But they just slapped him around a bit. If he wants to talk again we will slap him around some more. LMAO. I was rolling! Of course do not quote me on that. But it was very close.
Browner was used and abused the last time these two teams met. Browner's lack of speed is going to be put to the test by Kyle Shanahan. When you see #11 Aldrick Robinson come in the game, it usually indicates there will be a deep shot coming soon. Or they like to send him deep just as a decoy to clear the middle out. Robinson claims he has 4.2 40 speed, although his official combine numbers were 4.4. He is definitely the fastest guy on the Redskins roster.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I'm going to be really interested to see how the game actually plays out, then come back to all these posts and see who had it right.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
drastik":bowavyse said:
djb28":bowavyse said:
Browner was used and abused the last time these two teams met. Browner's lack of speed is going to be put to the test by Kyle Shanahan. When you see #11 Aldrick Robinson come in the game, it usually indicates there will be a deep shot coming soon. Or they like to send him deep just as a decoy to clear the middle out. Robinson claims he has 4.2 40 speed, although his official combine numbers were 4.4. He is definitely the fastest guy on the Redskins roster.

Well, if we are taking people at their word, then I heard he really runs a 3.8 forty yard dash. I heard it from my proctologist who happens tp work on Robinson's mother's anus as well.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
drastik":1qdvf382 said:
djb28":1qdvf382 said:

Wait I thought it was Garcon? Another Skins fan just said Garcon will be the fastest receiver we'll face. And all your receivers run 4.3 40's. We're toast!

drastik

Reaction score
Garcon is very fast. Aldrick is faster.

Garcon is dangerous because he's strong, fast, and VERY quick. In terms of straight line speed, though, Aldrick Robinson is much faster.

Josh Morgan is slow as molasses. Santana is more quick than fast at this stage of his career, he's that guy that always finds a way to get open.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If the Redskins are smart.. they won't try to attack Sherman.

They'll just wait until this guy sees the field:

120910-trufant-480.jpg